November 1

1235»

Replies

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Yes x 3

Plan for this month
    Work on lowering Cholesterol by eating low fat diet.
    Incorporate my cardio.
    Hit 10,000 steps at least 4 days a week.

that was supposed to be more cardio.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    edited November 2021
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    I don't really have a plan, I just try and stick to the UAC rules. My primary goal at the moment is not so much losing weight, although I try not to put any on, it's to stick to the structure this challenge gives to my daily life. My life can be quite chaotic, with an Alzheimer's patient, irregular work, necessitating travel, hotels, and Mum and kids in different abroads with different challenges. Trying to plan and log my food, meals and exercise really helps me to maintain a healthy-ish routine, both for my physical and my mental health. The support from UAC friends along the way is invaluable! Most important for me at the moment is my daily post!
    I try and be supportive too, but some days I just don't manage to read through all your posts...

Really good plan. Xox
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    I’ve been almost non existent here for the past week or so. Fell into a terrible slump/depression. I’ve been eating everything in sight. I’d planned a 68 mile bike ride for Sunday on a trail that right now is probably aglow with fall color, but decided not to go partly because the weather was iffy, partly because I just couldn’t muster the energy. As I was eating Halloween candy last night, I actually thought to myself, “I wonder how fast I can gain that 30 pounds back,” and I didn’t even care. I’ve been using an excel spreadsheet to record daily weight because it includes a logarithm that removes the crazy daily swings and I’ve really appreciated that. However, this morning I opened up the Happy Scale app which I haven’t used in several months and was jolted by how far I’ve come since February. Then I entered my historical weights from the first day of each month. The app breaks down my beginning weight to goal weight into 10 segments and I’ve accomplished 5 of them - I’m half the way there! It’s taking me forever, but I realized I do not want to throw that progress away. So I’ll keep slogging my way along, I should probably change my username to “aslothcouldbeatme” but whatever. The issues that threw me into this slump are still there, some I can’t do anything about, one I’m going to address today. The sun is shining, the colors are reaching their peak, my backyard is practically glowing. Life really is good and I need to stop feeling sorry for myself. Sorry for the long post.

Hi my friend, @biketheworld,
    I’m here for you.
    “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.”
    “I could over-eat, but I won’t because then I’ll have TWP problems toSolve - the original & my weight.”
    “The quicker you get up from a fall, the faster you win the race.”

Stock up on your favorite crunch veggies.
    I’ve been eating a bowl of any carrots, large apples, salads, a bowl berries, as needed.

Other suggestions: warm baths, a funny or light movie, an upbeat book, put on jammies early and snuggle with blanket & a decaf tea :)

We have to develop NEW WAYS to deal with feelings. Gradually, with forgiveness & persistence.

I also had a depressive month or so. The tinnitus. I dug deep & decided I really really don’t want to diet again. I also don’t want to fail. I really don’t.

So I ate more veg/fruit, drank gobs of hot decaf tea, watched some silly shows including one of those bake-off series.

Eventually, I got “on top of” the tinnitus. My spirits began to lift.

I felt like I’d gained 20-30 lbs, but I took a hard look at the data. I’m barely out of my maintenance range. My brain likes to mess with me sometimes BUT I’m on to it’s tricks.

Perhaps, your brain is doing the same to you right now. Remember your WHY…remember …really remember ..how you felt when you began dieting. I was fatigued, uncomfortable, disappointed in myself, pretending “head in sand” that I didn’t know the negative impact of my eating habits. I was in a statin & a blood pressure med. and sometimes heartburn.

No way I want that again. You CAN rise above this, and each time you do you insure your longterm success EVEN MORE.

I’m here for you.
    Maddie
    PS We didn’t do Halloween. COVID, hardly anyone comes by, didn’t want to derail my newly regained mini-successes.

Throw that stuff out stat - I wish I had last Halloween. It’s a Quad Threat that I cannot control, so out it goes, or this year, I “never let it in.”

I am right there with you Maddie! I have worked so hard to get here. There is no going back. It's too expensive to go back :(
    I talk to myself a LOT!
    The other day, my niece overheard me talking. She said "Aunty, are you talking to yourself? You are talking to yourself in the third person!"
    Me: "Yes, my dear, I need to talk to her. She needs to listen. This is no longer a joke. She needs to obey me right now!"
    We don't do Halloween candies! We don't have a need for them. When the kids were younger, the candies came into the house on only 1 condition. They stay in your room or I throw them out :(

He he love this story!! Very cute!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    Yes, @victorious55, every time you post, I think “Yep, my twin.”

Loved the “it’s too expensive to go back.”
    Sure is!

I will try talking out loud to myself!! Thanks!

I’m really glad you are here!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    @Mrs_Hoffer

Thank you so much! Your comments meant so much to me! ❤️💕🦋🌸
  • MadisonMolly2017
    @biketheworld
    Thanks my friend!

Ok so you had some wrappers & ate a chocolate bar & some other stuff…
    I’ve found that if I stop at that, all will be okay…

. Let’s say it was 3,000 extra calories over 4 days. I doubt it was, but ok, for sake of argument…

Divide by 30 days in Nov. decrease calories by 100 a day OR eat at maintenance until weight drops back down.

However if I Keep eating that way, then I got an issue to deal with.

Surest way for me to get on track…
    1. Realize it will take 3 days. Evening of 2nd day will be the hardest point. White knuckle time.
    2. Cut out extra sodium & sugar.
    3. Water water water
    4. Keep to my 10K steps & sleep routine.
  • Montanamom1
    Montanamom1 Posts: 23 Member
    Tracked everything.
    Calories within limit.
    Fast walked 60 minutes.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • MadisonMolly2017