• lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,705 Member
    Exercise – yes, bike ride and cardio work
    Tracked – yes
    Calories – yes

No pass days yet!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,780 Member
    what an amazing photo Teresa! Love all the colors and the baby is so beautiful. Happy Happy!!!!!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited November 2021
    bradkcrew wrote: »
    Exercise: :)
    Tracking: :)
    Calories: :)

Horrible, stressful day, but on the up side it didn't compel me to eat, and actually strengthened my resolve to exercise.

@bradkcrew Sounds like a most excellent day! Sorry it was so stressful, but glad that you didn't let it get to you!!! <3
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Welcome new and old members.

Welcome November, 2021!
    For those of us in the northmost part of the northern hemisphere, we celebrated our Thanksgiving last month. Therefore, we over the Thanksgiving "weight gain" :)
    For those of you in the Southern hemisphere, I hope you are enjoying your warmer weather :)

The UAC challenge has only 3 rules.
    1. Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    2. Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    3. Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

At first glance, they look very simple. From my experience these rules are applicable to anyone at any stage of this health journey (I called it "health journey" not "diet"). Whether you are just beginning this health journey, advanced in this process or just maintaining. (BTW, I've being in maintenance for the past 11 years).

I have come to realized that these are the only things that nobody in this life will do for me. Nobody can eat for me/you, exercise for me/you or track what I/you eat, lick or bite in this world. This is all about me/you, my/your health, and my usefulness to those around me! If I don't take care of my health then I cannot take care of anybody. (You are always advised to put on your mask when there is low pressure in the plane before helping your child/anybody, else both of you will/may die :()

Does it mean that I will not fail? No, it is not about being perfect! But it about forming a habit. A habit that will bless me and move me forward in life, it will also bless those around me.

Therefore, as you join us in this month's UAC, you do not have to be perfect. We are not :) There is nothing you are going through that no one in this group has not experienced. You are not the only one out there! This is a very supportive group. We will support you as you learn these habits. Come by everyday, read encouraging, funny, and realistic posts, and post something.

If you have at most 3 pass days (pass day is a day where you could not say "Yes" to any of these 3 rules). Then you are in Winner's circle.

If you have more than 3 pass day but you were here everyday, you are in the Champion's circle.

Welcome, let's hold unto one another like the Sea Otters. Let's each other hands through this month!
    "Otter groups are called rafts, and the animals famously hold hands to keep from drifting apart." (https://animals.net/sea-otter/)

@victorious55 thanks so much for your post! I enjoyed the article on otters - how cute that they hold hands when they sleep so that they don't drift apart!! :love:
    And huge CONGRATS on being in maintenance for 11 years!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,518 Member
    @mshawski your running comment made me chuckle bring a water bottle as you may be thirsty with all that breathing 😂😂 have a good run!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    @BMcC9 - what a great photo and analogy. It made me smile and it’s so true!

@Mrs_Hoffer - congratulations- that picture is beautiful because of the 2 amazing females in it.

@jamcnewman - wow - I no longer feel sorry for myself that it was snowing last night and 30F this morning.

Pass days 0/3.

• Mrs_Hoffer
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    435zkdhyq5ci.png

November UAC members in "morph mode" :D A raft of sea otters. They also sometimes wrap seaweed around themselves to help stay together too (like we throw each other verbal "lifelines")

@BMcC9 Adorable pic!! I was looking to see how many of my fellow UAC-ers I recognized in that photo! Thanks for sharing! <3
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,442 Member
    ~🦃~~11 / 2 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🙋🏼 ~~ NOVEMBER ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ 💖 ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 220+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 27,320+.......... 160 walking ........ 60 min. house cleaning....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Nov 2

Exercise: o:) two long walks outside and a grand total of 8743 steps overall
    Tracking: o:) ab-so-lute-ly EVERYthing.
    In Limits: >:) not-so-good (but no judgements; I promised myself that the first week is merely data-collection. Need a decent sized sample before I can say "this is the baseline that I will change from"

I wanted chocolate (all halloween mini-chocolates had already been dropped off at a young grand-niece's who had not been able to go out. She got a mini-hoard of what she missed, and we don't have them hanging around here waiting to be eaten)

I should have gone for the Aunty's Chocolate Steamed Pud, a prepackaged single-serving that one puts in the microwave for 15 seconds (a British import that can be delivered to the door) o3ddmnakme2n.jpg

I later found out that it would have even fit with my totals .... but I decided that might be too rich, and what I really wanted was "something hot". So I made a cup of home-made hot chocolate (would still have been ok ( o:) ) if I hadn't added the Low-Sugar / calorie very-reasonable biscuits to dunk in the hot chocolate ( >:) )

Nov Passes used to date: 1 / 3 (bad planning)
  • Montanamom1
    Montanamom1 Posts: 23 Member
    Fast walked 60 minutes.
    Calories Yes
    Tracking Yes

Patted myself on the back because there was huge drama from a family member and I decided they weren't going to live in my head, and focused on me.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    @mshawski your running comment made me chuckle bring a water bottle as you may be thirsty with all that breathing 😂😂 have a good run!

You know, it wasn't actually that bad. The cold made my nose super runny, but I could breathe which was delightful. I turned the music off for the last mile for sh*ts and giggles, that was a mistake. My running sounds are just so unappealing 😂🤣