• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,448 Member
    Exercise yes
    Tracking and calories no
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    Welcome new and old members.

Welcome November, 2021!
    For those of us in the northmost part of the northern hemisphere, we celebrated our Thanksgiving last month. Therefore, we over the Thanksgiving "weight gain" :)
    For those of you in the Southern hemisphere, I hope you are enjoying your warmer weather :)

The UAC challenge has only 3 rules.
    1. Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    2. Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    3. Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

At first glance, they look very simple. From my experience these rules are applicable to anyone at any stage of this health journey (I called it "health journey" not "diet"). Whether you are just beginning this health journey, advanced in this process or just maintaining. (BTW, I've being in maintenance for the past 11 years).

I have come to realized that these are the only things that nobody in this life will do for me. Nobody can eat for me/you, exercise for me/you or track what I/you eat, lick or bite in this world. This is all about me/you, my/your health, and my usefulness to those around me! If I don't take care of my health then I cannot take care of anybody. (You are always advised to put on your mask when there is low pressure in the plane before helping your child/anybody, else both of you will/may die :()

Does it mean that I will not fail? No, it is not about being perfect! But it about forming a habit. A habit that will bless me and move me forward in life, it will also bless those around me.

Therefore, as you join us in this month's UAC, you do not have to be perfect. We are not :) There is nothing you are going through that no one in this group has not experienced. You are not the only one out there! This is a very supportive group. We will support you as you learn these habits. Come by everyday, read encouraging, funny, and realistic posts, and post something.

If you have at most 3 pass days (pass day is a day where you could not say "Yes" to any of these 3 rules). Then you are in Winner's circle.

If you have more than 3 pass day but you were here everyday, you are in the Champion's circle.

Welcome, let's hold unto one another like the Sea Otters. Let's each other hands through this month!
    "Otter groups are called rafts, and the animals famously hold hands to keep from drifting apart." (https://animals.net/sea-otter/)

@victorious55
    Spot on! ALL of it, my “twin”!! Thank you!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,259 Member
    edited November 2021
    @Mrs_Hoffer

"@victorious55 thanks so much for your post! I enjoyed the article on otters - how cute that they hold hands when they sleep so that they don't drift apart!! :love:
    And huge CONGRATS on being in maintenance for 11 years!
    "

Thank you! That is a very beautiful picture of you and your great-granddaughter!
  • victorious55
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    435zkdhyq5ci.png

November UAC members in "morph mode" :D A raft of sea otters. They also sometimes wrap seaweed around themselves to help stay together too (like we throw each other verbal "lifelines")

Thank you! That was a very good sequel to my welcome message!
    Please repost the image by mid-month, we need the seaweed wrap as we approach the US Thanksgiving and Christmas preps. :D
  • victorious55

@victorious55
    Spot on! ALL of it, my “twin”!! Thank you!

Wow O! I call you also my "twin" in my mind anytime I read your post!
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 549 Member
    Date: 11/02
    Exercised ?: Walked to the Polls today!
    Calories ? YES
    Tracked? YES

Pass Days 0:3
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    Nov 2
    ✅✅✅
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Nov 2:
    ✅✅✅

Pass Days: 0/3

Today's exercise was just a quick 20-min walk around the inside of the building at work today. After work I went to visit my granddaughter and one of my newest great-grandbabies, Ivory Rose!!

c6wvc2ks12nt.jpg

She's gorgeous! Congratulations.

Yes x3.

I need to get back into the reporting habit.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,983 Member
    Another pass day. I am in the midst of travel and am putting my focus on moderation.
    Checking in daily and reading the posts is always inspiring even if I can't record a 3 yes day for myself.
  • sal144
    sal144 Posts: 171 Member
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Nov 2

Thought I already posted this, but I guess not.

✅ Exercise: Swimming, cant remember exactly but at least 40 minutes.
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ()
  • lovingcaring
    lovingcaring Posts: 36 Member
    Nov 2nd
    exercise at least 20 minutes? Yes
    stay within calorie budget ? Yes
    Track everything ate and drank? Yes

This month is going to be challenging! But I will do my best!
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,577 Member
    11/2
    Exersised yes
    Caleries yes
    Logged?-yes
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,410 Member
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3
    May 8/3