Monthly Post for November 2021

Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,936 Member
Good morning!

Happy Monday and happy November! I have to say, this year is flying by! WOW!

Hope you had a nice weekend, @KateNkognito and you are feeling better. Glad it wasn't the 'rona! :)

We had a fun relaxing weekend with friends visiting. Nice to see them. Lots of laughs!

We had absolutely ZERO trick or treaters! Boo... :( Lots of candy being brought in to the office tomorrow. Good riddance and good-bye!

Have a great day and see you soon!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Good morning,

Happy Tuesday.

Hope everybody is having a nice week.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,504 Member
    I slept all weekend, tried to go to work yesterday, made it half way. I went to the doctor and got an antibiotic and something for the cough. Home today to let everything clear out. A bit of teacher guilt, but there is no way I would have been any good to them if I was there. And they were all worried about me yesterday. Sweet kids. :)
    @Meghan509 I can't believe we are almost to the end of the year! Glad you had such a nice weekend! We usually have about 30 or so kids on Halloween. I overbought candy, but I have teenage boys, so it will be gone in no time. :D
    Have a nice week! I love November! You get to be thankful and there's mashed potatoes. <3
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Almost noon here on the East Coast! By the time I hit "post" it is after noon. LOL

I managed to catch a bit of a head cold. Started out with a sore throat on Monday PM in to Tuesday. I have some
    nose blowing and a slight headache otherwise no biggie. Ugh. We are not supposed to be in the office in person if we are "sick" so shhh... I feel okay and don't think I need to go crazy. ;)

Hope you feel better! Awww, that is cute about your students, @KateNkognito

I like November too! I tend to like Thanksgiving better than Christmas! Yes, and mashed potatoes are everything... <3

Looking forward to some exciting travel in the coming weeks. Next weekend we are heading up the coast for a long weekend. Can you say seafood!?

Towards the end of November we are flying out to Arizona to spend a week with my BF's family. His parents are celebrating 60 years married! We are looking forward to that.

Couple weeks later we fly down to Florida to see my family for the Christmas holiday. Looking forward to that too!

Hope you have a great day and rest of the week. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    That sounds like a lot of fun Meghan!

So, it turns out that I had a sinus infection AND COVID. Thanks for sharing, kids. :/ Had to go to the ER because I couldn't keep anything down, and my oxygen level was dropping. They gave me something for the nausea and I am supposed to monitor my O2. Just being able to drink something without it coming back is fantastic.
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

UGH, sorry @KateNkognito. Take it easy my friend. Hope you feel better ASAP. <3

Quiet day at the office today. Thank God. Because I can think of a million other places I'd rather be at the moment. :smile:

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Good morning.

Happy FRIDAY!

Still dealing with this stupid *kitten* cold. Sigh... Took a decongestant and hopefully that will do the trick. Working from home today which is nice so I can blow my nose in peace. LOL

Hope you are feeling okay, @KateNkognito positive healthy vibes being sent your way!

This weekend we are heading down to NY to get together with friends on Saturday PM. Looking forward to that.

Have a nice one and see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Feeling like the COVID is about passed. However, the difficulty breathing is still going strong. Oxygen isn't low enough and I am not old enough for anyone to do anything about it. Hopefully it clears up soon.
    @Meghan509 I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    Also, any and all prayers would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

@KateNkognito you got it! Positive thoughts and vibes, etc. sent your way. Hope you are feeling better today.

We had a nice weekend. Enjoyed seeing friends this weekend.

Still dealing with this stupid sinus thing. Been taking a decongestant and blowing my nose and dealing with sinus headaches. Sigh...

Looking forward to the end of the week when we head out of town for a few days.

Have a good one and feel better, Kate. :)
  • KateNkognito
    @Meghan509 I started with bacterial sinus infection and that ran me down enough for the COVID to invade. Get plenty of rest and take care! I am still feeling gross. Going to go take a nap.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Hope you feel better a bit day by day @KateNkognito - nasty stuff
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Happy Tuesday. Day two of three in the office. Grumble grumble. Noisy construction going on downstairs below us. Sigh... :(

Welcome @solieco1

@KateNkognito hope you are feeling better today.

Not much new here. Same old same old. Have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Went back to the ER and got some good drugs. I can take a full, deep breath without dying! Hopefully I can kick this and get back to work soon. I can't believe I am saying it, but I miss my little heathens. All 140 of them. Even the ones that don't wear their masks and gave me this nonsense.

@Meghan509 You can do it! One more day!

@solieco1 Thanks! I am slowly getting better. Very slowly. Patience is a virtue, not a waste of time...
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Ugh! Been sitting here on this screen for a few hours now. Trying to write a post but keep getting interrupted!

In the office again today. Busy but good. Looking forward to being home tomorrow.

Not much else new with me.

@KateNkognito sorry to hear you were back in the ER but glad you can breathe again! Jeez, that is scary. Sending hugs! <3

Hope you have a good rest of the day. See you soon!
  • Meghan509

Good morning!

Wow, so they updated / changed the groups around! I like it. Maybe we will officially be in the 21st century now around here instead of the dark ages. LOL

Not much new here. Working at home today and looking forward to being off tomorrow and doing a long weekend with friends.

Hope you continue to feel better @KateNkognito and you kick Covid's a**! 😷

Oh nice! We have cool emoji's now!!! 🐒

Have a good one and see you soon.

• KateNkognito
    Updated the message boards and I couldn't get to it through the app, had to go through the website. :/ I don't see the new emojis. :'(
    The dog took me on a walk this morning. I had to stop at my chiropractor's office to rest after a couple of blocks, but progress is progress. Have a lovely weekend, Meghan! Going to take a nap now.
  • KateNkognito
    Was up and about most of today. Ready to go back to school tomorrow. I actually miss my students. I hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Happy Monday!

Yes, I find that you cannot get through to the message boards unless you are on the website. I tried getting on from my phone a few times in the last few days but nothing happens and I get a blank page.

Glad you are feeling better, @KateNkognito and heading back to school today. Great news!

We had a nice long weekend away in Cape Cod, MA. Lots of lovely seafood, shopping, and good company. :smiley:

Back on track today and back to work. Remote today and in the office Tuesday though Thursday. Have a good one and se you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Hello, all! I was able to get to the message boards through the app. I had to search for this one, though. I don't know how to bookmark or save it.
    Went to work and felt a little like a rock star. :) Lots of fist bumps and hugs. I moved slow, but I made it through. Now I need a nap.
    I hope everyone had a good start to their week!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

@KateNkognito glad you are back at school and feeling better!
    Regarding the boards, good to know. I will try again on my phone via the app. Today on the website I clicked and it is very slooow. Understand they are still working out kinks. :) Looking again and now I don't see the new emojis!? Strange.

Not too much going on here. Yesterday was a very productive day. Worked from home and managed to get lunch made for the week! Chicken with artichokes and olives and roasted broccoli for today through Thursday. Yummy!

Just planning on ignoring the lovely donuts and donut holes that a colleague of mine brought in today. Sigh... :/

Hope you have a good day. Stay healthy. See you soon.