40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,907 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    My 2021 resolutions. I have one each for body, heart and mind.

Body: Workout 120 times in 2021 (only got 97 last year)
    Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)
    Mind: Finish edits on second novel and submit to a publisher

To date, my progress:

Day: 297/365
    Body: 116/120
    Heart: 12/15
    Mind: 10% complete

Push Day A completed.

Took last week off as I reworked my routine, plus aging bodies need a week away from the gym every now and then. But I got back in yesterday, felt strong.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    First day back in the gym for strength work in over two years. Felt good to get back to working with my trainer.

Awesome!

I am still not comfortable heading back to the gym. I am very grateful we have a very good home gym….I totally miss my gym buds from Old City, but had not had enough time (prePandemic) to make friends at the gym in New City.

I will see what happens in a few more months.
  • nossmf

Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)

To date, my progress:

Day: 300/365
    Body: 117/120

Pull Day A completed.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 305/365
    Body: 119/120

Leg Day A and Push Day B completed.

Date night didn't happen, as the movie we intended to see wasn't released in a movie theater near us, so we just stayed home and watched Halloween-themed family-friendly movies with the kids instead.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 307/365
    Body: 120/120

Pull Day B completed.

I've hit my goal for the year from an exercise perspective! Still have plenty of time to reach my goal for number of dates with my wife. Which just leaves my mind goal of finishing the edits of my book. Don't think I'll get it actually submitted to a publisher, but the other day in a phone call with my mom she mentioned she'd love to read my second novel, so now I have a sub-goal of getting it to her in time for Christmas. Since the plan is to add the manuscript to a thumb drive being shipped in the mail along with photos and videos of the grandkids, that gives me about two weeks to get my butt in gear and get at least close to a finished product so the mail can get out with plenty of time for shipping. Gulp! But then again, maybe having a hard, soon-upcoming deadline will have a better motivating effect than some nebulous "by the end of the year" has had so far.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 312/365
    Body: 122/120

Leg Day B and Push Day C completed.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Did another kettlebell event which was fun. Getting to cardio kb 3-4 times a week and weights at least twice a week.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 319/365
    Body: 125/120

Pull C, Legs C and Push D completed.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 321/365
    Body: 126/120

Pull D completed.
  • nossmf
    edited December 2021

To date, my progress:

Day: 335/365
    Body: 131/120
    Heart: 13/15
    Mind: 60% complete

Been a bit since I updated my tally. In the last two weeks I've taken my wife out on a date, hit the gym five times, and actually spent time editing my novel. Aiming to finish edits this weekend so I can send a copy to my mother for Christmas.
  • dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 123 Member
    I'm only on day 3 of meal prep, but I am going to lose 30lbs and tone up ASAP.... and I'm over 40.... BOOM!
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 346/365
    Body: 135/120
    Heart: 13/15
    Mind: 90% complete

In the last ten days since my last update, I've hit the gym 4 more times and come close to finished on my book edits. Not enough to submit to a publisher, but enough to send a copy to my mother for Xmas.
  • Beeps2011
    Happy New Year, everyone!

kd6afg460uab.jpeg

• Beeps2011
    I have a May event that I am wanting to be in better shape for - fewer inches and pounds on my body.

I have a loosey-goosey plan to get there. I may need something more regimented. Let's see how January goes.
  • nfll406
    nfll406 Posts: 30 Member
    Wish this group was more active!
  • minnelizzy
    minnelizzy Posts: 45 Member
    41 here
    Time to lose, and not gain back, 25 lbs. lower my bp. Exercise regularly. I’ve been tracking my food and I was on the elliptical this morning- and waiting for a newly ordered treadmill!
  • 3furballs
    Well I was hoping to start lifting heavier and reducing treats and beer. Treats and beer are being reduced, but have to wait to lift until the weekend, covid cautious and the dojo is closed so I'll have to figure out cardio.

Trying to stay positive. Was 157lbs last Feb, last kettlebell competition on Dec 15 I was 149lbs, so I'm on the right track!

I hate these lockdowns, cardio kickboxing is my happy place, exercise, hitting things, socializing, all the good things!

Most everyone is working from home in my office. I've asked and been allowed to work at the office. We have no quiet area to work, all 3 kids are now remote learning, so no bandwidth either. Plus the 110lb puppy crated right near the computer, who will cry to be with you. Then try and lay his giant head on uour arm as you type.
  • Beeps2011
    That is a good fatloss, 3furballs, I hope you can get back to cardio kickboxing soon.

I dreamed last night I was heading into a YMCA - before Covid19, that is where I would workout. The dream had me entering a YMCA in a different city, a building I did not know and was not familiar with. I was with a gf who was a member, she was trying to just sign in and head to the change-room. I had to go stand in the “new member” line and when I got to the front of the line, they had to re-enter all my data (even though pre-Pandemic, I had been a YMCA member for 25+ years!) - so the dream turned into a frustration dream. They got my name wrong. My address. My workout time got shorter and shorter and eventually, in frustration, I left.

I am unsure if I will return to a gym when this Pandemic is all over….I think I want to - because I do better in a social group for exercise. But I am not sure I want to pay the money to have to go find a new group and new classes that I would find inspiring.

For now, I am exercising 30 minutes everyday….no pattern to it. Just whatever I feel like doing that day. Some days weights, some days yoga, some days walking, some days step-aerobics.
  • linadpetrova
    linadpetrova Posts: 8 Member
    I’m 40, the last 4 years I am up and down 50 lbs from 290 to 240. I am 5’9, Currently I am 285 and here I go again. This time no ambitious plans, I will do my thing , I will lose again a lot, but no numbers this time, no goals. When I hit a wall , I am getting discouraged, so this time and taking it easy. I want to be in a better physical shape, because in 6 months I will work at a place where I need to be on my feet all day and I don’t want to be hurting and being in trouble. I am feeling relieved, that this time it’s not about how I will look , I just need to be in my best physical shape, so I can be successful in my job.
  • 3furballs
    @Beeps2011 I'm glad you are still moving. Sounds like your subconscious is frustrated, or your conscious! I do so much better in a group setting, don't think I'll ever give it up.