November 8

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    I’m generally a person that dislikes Autumn. I dread when the weather changes and I mourn the end of another wonderful summer. To me, November can be an ugly month: a symbol of the dark, dreary, cold days and months to come. That seasonal depression hangs heavy in my head. Over the years, I’ve worked hard on changing that perspective. Particularly this year I’ve worked hard on controlling my mood and thoughts. One of the things that has worked really well is to embrace each month and what it has to offer. So for November, instead of bare trees and gray gloomy skies, I am choosing to focus on cozy mornings and nights with the fireplace on, seasonal treats of anything pumpkin, creamy golden squash soups or side dishes of roasted root vegetables. To combat the dry air in our house, I simmer a fragrant homemade stovetop potpourri with apple, lemon, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves and vanilla. I’ve embraced decorative gourds, beautiful fall chrysanthemums, and look forward to weekend walks in the crisp autumn air. For our Remembrance Day, we’re driving to a lovely rural area to enjoy a hike on the Bruce trail, ensuring we’ll bundle up in a cozy sweater and a warm scarf. Maybe I’ll book a half-day vacation to watch the U.S. Thanksgiving Day parade over a cup of steamy pumpkin spice latte. To be honest, planning for the upcoming months has been part of the therapy. I’ve discovered changing one’s perspective is a powerful mental health tool. Happy November pals!

So true - perspective changes everything.