What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    kkiaa wrote: »
    Built Bars - I have a problem..... :#

For me it’s Nugo bars. OMG, the dark chocolate coconut is better than a Mounds bar.

And the mint is wonderful too.

I like the chocolate pretzel the best!
  • raquelle69
    raquelle69 Posts: 30 Member
    Lite jelly (jello) with a dollop of high protein yoghurt and a sprinkle of craisins (for texture). Smoosh it up!
    Fills me up after dinner and is a nice sweet treat.
    After dinner is a danger zone for me, but this stops me looking for that "something else" every time.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Baked apples.

A nice big cooking apple stuffed with oats, cinnamon, and a little mixed fruit and sugar, and then baked in the oven for an hour. Nom!

...and NO, cat, you are not having any...
  • Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    Frosted mini wheats lol
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    w1rlyhojxua6.jpg
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    danikat15 wrote: »
    Cucumbers! Throw some canned tuna with lemon pepper seasoning on top and I could eat that for lunch every day.

I go through an embarrassing amount of mini cucumbers every day. I like them topped with shaved parm or just sprinkled with some salt.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,400 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Baked apples.

A nice big cooking apple stuffed with oats, cinnamon, and a little mixed fruit and sugar, and then baked in the oven for an hour. Nom!

...and NO, cat, you are not having any...

I disagreed on the cat’s behalf, since he doesn’t have opposable thumbs.
  • springlering62
    danikat15 wrote: »
    Cucumbers! Throw some canned tuna with lemon pepper seasoning on top and I could eat that for lunch every day.

I go through an embarrassing amount of mini cucumbers every day. I like them topped with shaved parm or just sprinkled with some salt.

And here I am, sitting here feeling sorry for myself because I have no snack calories left after buying a bear claw in order to get a dog treat, which they didn’t tell me was sold out til after I’d ordered the stupid bear claw I didn’t want in the first place, but was just trying to socialize Mr High Anxiety Dog.

And I have a couple packs of mini cucumbers!!!

Woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And thanks!!!!
  • OldeDarrell
    OldeDarrell Posts: 7 Member
    I'm currently abscessed with the frozen vegetable bags from Kroger: Fiesta, Mexican, California, Italian, Vegetable stir fry mix, and I add the randomly to fire roasted canned tomatoes and frozen broccoli. Season with some onion powder, garlic powder and italian herbs. I am loving this stuff.. been eating it 3 meals a day for a month. (dropped six pounds in a week)
  • springlering62
    I'm currently abscessed with the frozen vegetable bags from Kroger: Fiesta, Mexican, California, Italian, Vegetable stir fry mix, and I add the randomly to fire roasted canned tomatoes and frozen broccoli. Season with some onion powder, garlic powder and italian herbs. I am loving this stuff.. been eating it 3 meals a day for a month. (dropped six pounds in a week)

Darrel, I’m hoping you’re not keeping it up at that rate of loss and that it’s only a beginner’s or re-starting whoosh. That’s too fast. You’ll either rebound, or hurt your health.

Getting sone protein and fat in your day, too, I hope?

This thread has an extensive discussion of losing too fast.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10761904/under-1200-for-weight-loss/p1
  • springlering62
    Anyway after obnoxiously interfering, here is my latest obsession. Lidl glazed holiday gingerbread. 140 calories per piece. Insanely melt-in-your mouth just out of the bakery fresh this early in the season.

7kdnp1lkiwa7.jpeg
  • springlering62

Darrell, I hope I didn’t come off mean. My husband started MFP in august. After initial early success it’s all I can do to reel him in and make him not go too fast, too. It’s not just women who have this mindset, folks. It’s human beings. In a rush, as humans tend to be. 😘
  • legblonde355
    legblonde355 Posts: 41 Member
    Kodiak protein flapjacks with sugar free syrup! Tastes just like the real thing ! I eat fir breakfast pretty much everyday
  • aqua14lisa
    aqua14lisa Posts: 35 Member
    Hot sauces - Sriracha, Valentina's, a mango-habanero, Tajin chamoya, tom-yum soup flavoring (it's almost a hot sauce), Thai red curry paste, chili powder, spicy paprika... put that stuff on everything!!
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Not food exactly but beer… Hear me out! Husband has discovered a passion for home brewing and also tasting new beer styles. So we’ve been buying and trying different things, usually splitting a new beer every other day or so. Now you can put the pitchforks away :D
  • VegjoyP
    Batata yams, Boniato!
    ba0sgn3pcorb.jpg
    4k2e3v5y4gxb.jpg
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @VegjoyP - I've had to look these up - read they can easily be used in sweet (sweeter than orange flesh sweet potato?) or savory. I'll have to look for them now! Thanks for posting!😊
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Jalapeño Ranch Dressing? Um, yes please!
  • VegjoyP
    Eggplant baked on a pan greased
    with coconut oil. I don't know where this new obsession came from! Lol