WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Wow there are some really fun facts rolling around! A movie @micki48 - that's so cool!!! And way to go on your steps.. you are still keeping up that pace you set a few weeks ago.

We also have lots of couples who met young - so cute.

Anyway, just back to report yesterday's exercise:
    19027 steps + 20 minutes Peloton

Busy day of work ahead and then donating blood after work. Enjoy your Monday all!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    Wow @conleywoods that's a great progress pic!! Also love the different hairstyles in each pic too ;)
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    edited November 2021
    @sljjjembeca I work out at home and have a pretty good selection of stuff that fits under my bed or in a closet. @DD265 makes a great point. If you are totally new to lifting some professional input would be ideal. I have lifted off and on since I was 16 and I also am an occupational therapist so I have a strong bio mechanical/exercise science background. Since I'm comfortable at home I recently started using programs from Mind Pump Media. They have lots of programs that are phased so you don't plateau. They are not free so get on their email list. They run sales all the time. They have videos for each move and they have programs for home gym (dumbbells) and gym (barbell). If you do the home version you need a decent range of weights. I used the dumbbells that you add plates to and just recently got a set of bowflex selectech. They have you do 2 or 3 full body workouts week. On off days you do 10 minute mini workouts.
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    @conleywoods Girl u look amazing! Keep up the good work.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    @ashleycarole86 oooh you've got good taste. Heat waves is an amazing track obviously but the other two are nice too
  • sljjjembeca
    sljjjembeca Posts: 40 Member
    @conleywoods your progress pics are amazing 👏 awesome job, and thank you so much for the input on weights.

@DD265 thanks for the weight lifting info. In the sticks we are not so close to gyms and such but i am going look around and see what i come up with.

@Pearl4686 .. 6 languages.. nice! I have trouble keeping up with english and my terrible spanglish 😆 very cool!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Happy Monday! I am NOT loving this time change. I woke up at 4:30 and Mabel woke up at 4:45! I really wanted to workout so I turned on the TV, brought 3 sets of weights and did a 48 minute workout. It took me just over an hour because Mabel interrupted me alot. She also "worked out" with me." It was one of the best workouts I have done in awhile. After work, I had to go to Costco and it was dark when I left. I hate that.

@conleywoods you look amazing! Keep it up.

@ashleycarole86 and @Bowens1973 I want more details!!! Who lived where? When/where did you meet in person? When did one of you make the big move??? I love a good love story!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Another day comes to a close - must be time for some friendly reminders!!

Weigh-ins due up through Tuesday:

@Terytha
    @tasoconnor
    @bootilicious
    @Kali225

Thanks!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    @bowens1973 I'm also a safety person in oil and gas. Well, oil and gas adjacent. We make H2S analyzers (among other things). But I'm only up to 6.5 years. =P
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Today was a good exercise day. I started with 16 min of Pilates. Took a 40 minute leisurely walk and rode my stationary bike for 30 minutes.

This discussion has been closed.