GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,362 Member
    Options
    Your form looks great Sandy!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Thank you! The bar path on last night's squats was a bit drunk, tbh, but it wasn't too bad. 😁
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

Thank you! The bar path on last night's squats was a bit drunk, tbh, but it wasn't too bad. 😁

I don't visit this thread often but when I do, you never fail to amaze me with your hard work and perseverance. You are strong, in every sense of the word. <3
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    Y’all impress me so much. For anyone who’s intimidated, I don’t do particularly high weights and I’m still working on technique.

It’s really interesting to me how small tweaks can affect how you do things. One of the great things about losing weight and doing more exercise has been “feeling my body” and trying to understand how motion affects it. Like side series in Pilates- I like to feel the movement of my hip and see how small changes affect the results.

Lately we are working on depth. I’m still afraid to go down but it’s getting better. Piddly *kitten* weight, but then again I’m old as dirt and I do it for fun and results- and I get both. I only compete with myself.

Maybe more older ladies will see this and think “I can if she can”. 🤷🏻‍♀️

100x3

n6hxx15dasj9.gif

• KickassAmazon76
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Y’all impress me so much. For anyone who’s intimidated, I don’t do particularly high weights and I’m still working on technique.

It’s really interesting to me how small tweaks can affect how you do things. One of the great things about losing weight and doing more exercise has been “feeling my body” and trying to understand how motion affects it. Like side series in Pilates- I like to feel the movement of my hip and see how small changes affect the results.

Lately we are working on depth. I’m still afraid to go down but it’s getting better. Piddly *kitten* weight, but then again I’m old as dirt and I do it for fun and results- and I get both. I only compete with myself.

Maybe more older ladies will see this and think “I can if she can”. 🤷🏻‍♀️

100x3

n6hxx15dasj9.gif

100lb is NOT PIDDLY! THAT'S AWESOME! ❤️

Have you thought about trying pin squats? Set the bars at the lowest height you want to go to. Learn to drop down to that height, rest the bar, and then try to press up.

It gives you the safety of not needing to worry you will get stuck... You can easily bail out. And you get used to going as low as possible. Even with half the weight, it might help you feel more comfortable going into and coming out of the hole.

I think you're amazing. ❤️
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I don't visit this thread often but when I do, you never fail to amaze me with your hard work and perseverance. You are strong, in every sense of the word. <3

Thank you so much. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I'm still having issues...for some reason my body is rebelling against heavy squats...even not-so-heavy squats above a certain rep number. It's very discouraging. I'm just trying to do SOMETHING. I'll be in the gym tonight. Not sure yet what will happen.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I'm still having issues...for some reason my body is rebelling against heavy squats...even not-so-heavy squats above a certain rep number. It's very discouraging. I'm just trying to do SOMETHING. I'll be in the gym tonight. Not sure yet what will happen.

This has been such a struggle for you, and I am amazed by your determination to keep going! I know that I tend to quit when I hit a roadblock, especially in the gym, so to me - it's incredible.

I really hope that things turn around, or that you find what works for you.

Know that you inspire me. ❤️
  • DancingMoosie
    Options

This has been such a struggle for you, and I am amazed by your determination to keep going! I know that I tend to quit when I hit a roadblock, especially in the gym, so to me - it's incredible.

I really hope that things turn around, or that you find what works for you.

Know that you inspire me. ❤️

Thanks. I appreciate the positivity. I'm working in the 100-125 range for squats atm. So low...I've actually lowered the weights on all lifts. It's kind of nice to just work on some reps without too much struggle and fear of injury. I added some single leg split squats since they also target the booty.
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Feeling pretty decent about this. 3 sets of 95lbx9. This is the last set.

The form was a bit sloppy and the bar path wobbly, but when I remember how hard it used to be to do 75...It feels good!

5b947f5krf8p.gif
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I hit the weights again and actually worked up to 2x5@135 squats and 2x5@95 bench. I think having cool air helps a lot. Maybe I can push for 140 next week???
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I hit the weights again and actually worked up to 2x5@135 squats and 2x5@95 bench. I think having cool air helps a lot. Maybe I can push for 140 next week???

Yes! That is awesome!! 👏👏👏👏
    *happy dance*
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

The form was a bit sloppy and the bar path wobbly, but when I remember how hard it used to be to do 75...It feels good!

5b947f5krf8p.gif

Strong range of motion 😆. What is the purpose of the belt for benching?
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Mellouk89 wrote: »

5b947f5krf8p.gif

Strong range of motion 😆. What is the purpose of the belt for benching?

Thank you. 😊

I find it just gives me something extra to brace into when I'm nearing failure. A bit of extra support.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Here's today's. Been learning different alternatives for when you don't have the equipment. The key is also to slow down the movement.

ebf9lwrqf3lq.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    e5litre wrote: »
    Chest day
    46luosxjpikw.gif

Super cool!
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I went to the weight room. I was so happy that I worked up to squats@140. Yes, it was only 3x4, but it's still baby steps fwd. And I know I could have done more...but the weight room was really crowded and noisy, boys were doing box jumps and medicine ball throws really close to my squat rack.
    Ok, quick question.
    I make plans to meet my friend to lift. She wanted to do T/Th. So I skipped yesterday to run. Then she cancels on me for both days and asks if we can meet Wed. Ok, but that would mean I get only 1 good lifting day. So I went today. But now I'm going tomorrow and will take off Thursday instead. It's throwing off my rhythm for lifting and making progress. And what lifts should I do tomorrow if I went today?
    (I did squat, bench, OHP, pullups, and single leg squats.)
    How do I address this with her? It's like a running joke with hubby that she will cancel...
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I went to the weight room. I was so happy that I worked up to squats@140. Yes, it was only 3x4, but it's still baby steps fwd. And I know I could have done more...but the weight room was really crowded and noisy, boys were doing box jumps and medicine ball throws really close to my squat rack.
    Ok, quick question.
    I make plans to meet my friend to lift. She wanted to do T/Th. So I skipped yesterday to run. Then she cancels on me for both days and asks if we can meet Wed. Ok, but that would mean I get only 1 good lifting day. So I went today. But now I'm going tomorrow and will take off Thursday instead. It's throwing off my rhythm for lifting and making progress. And what lifts should I do tomorrow if I went today?
    (I did squat, bench, OHP, pullups, and single leg squats.)
    How do I address this with her? It's like a running joke with hubby that she will cancel...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE SQUAT!!!

You could do deads, abs, and some upper body cable work. Depending on how your quads are, you could focus more on upper body work.

I had a friend who did that. I actually bought a gym membership so I could go with my friend, and she never ever made a single session. Eventually I gave up asking her. It hurt, to be honest, but I still went.