Weight No More Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,899 Member
    @bjaneb
    I'm just going through doing the tallies, and I hope you are still here! Could you please post here letting @minstrelofsarcasm know which day you have chosen for weigh-ins? And then, of course, your weight for the week? Thanks!
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Username: FaithIt365
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 358.5
    CW: 364.5
    😔
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    results-design-power-name.gif

Congratulations to everyone who participated this past week. Way to start November out strong!

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

w2w327aiccx0.png
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Steps for the last week..

10/31- 5,017
    11/1- 4,752
    11/2- 14,416
    11/3- 13,470
    11/4- 3,513
    11/5- 12,593
    11/6- 3,113
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 570 Member
    Username: CassieGetsFit2013
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 216.4
    CW (Current Weight): 215.2

I want to be happy that I lost 1.2lbs, but I'm also skeptical I guess! Cause I'm on my period and I had cupcakes! Like 4 cupcakes one day, so I'm just paranoid at my scale at this point, thinking it's lying to me, lol. Anyway, I feel like when I'm 215, I'm still 220 and when I finally get back to 200, I'll think I'm really 210. I guess I just want to be and need to be further away to actually feel like I am where I am! It's confusing, but just how I feel and maybe others feel the same way!
  • bjaneb
    bjaneb Posts: 50 Member
    No sure if my post went through.
    PW: 192
    CW: 185.2
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    bjaneb wrote: »
    No sure if my post went through.
    PW: 192
    CW: 185.2

Just fine. Got you now. This is week 1's late or week 2?
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Steps..

Sun- 10,253
    Mon- 8,981
    Tues- 9,296
    Wed- 7,470
    Thurs- 9,720
    Fri- 10,609
    Sat- 6,881
  • jugar
    November Week 2 Challenge is UP!

Come enjoy playing the numbers this week:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10848383/november-week-2-challenge-magic-numbers/p1?new=1
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Good morning WNM! Welcome to all the new ladies & gents!

I'm Melanie and I'm from Kansas. I’m the other team Co-captain. Truly, Ashley does the heavy lifting (literally!).
    I was always was skinny (no, not thin, skinny, all knees and elbows). At 18, I weighed between 110 and 120 at 5"6'. Maybe. When I got married at 24…I weighed maybe 160. But I was a happier person. I've got none of the reasonable reasons for gaining...no kiddos, just the husband. I got out of school (no more climbing those KU hills all the time), started working more sedentary jobs, started eating more, snacking, until August 2016, when I found myself weighing in about 230 and my six sixteens were too small. I bought a couple pairs of 18 pants from the thrift store and joined MFP.

I lost ~70 pounds in about a year and was pretty pleased. But I wanted another 20 off...and it didn't move. And things got a bit crazy with my husband's family (we won’t talk about that—it always leads to crazy-pants ranting)...so I decided to maintain for a bit and then come back. What came back was most of the weight. So...now I'm here and working on losing 60 pounds (40 of the 50 I 'found' and the 20 I never lost).

My special snowflake challenges
    I'm fairly significantly asthmatic (on meds all the time), have terrible allergies and connective tissue issues (not enough collagen, too stretchy, lots of joint slippage). Last August, I acquired some vertigo problems (or, maybe they just got worse)... I think it is sinus related and many of those problems have now resolved, after switching ENT’s. July was a struggle vertigo-wise and I’m off coffee as a result (this is very sad…I LOVE coffee). The point behind saying this is not woe-is-me, it is that a lot of exercise people promote is bad, and sometimes dangerous, for me.

So...where am I this November?
    I've been doing support for more than the past month. My job got crazy and I just decided there were other priorities. I even quit logging consistently (this was a bad call), which I haven't done in all the time since I joined MFP. Everything was just too much. It is still crazy but has calmed down enough to start focusing on weight loss again. And I will. My connective tissue issues have also been acting up--my shoulder has not been in the right place for over three months. Sometimes it feels okay but off, others it is excruciating. I'm going to try some PT and see if that helps. I've been working remote since Sept 15 and while I did okay last spring getting exercise, between a few ugly vertigo episodes and my shoulder, I have not been doing much. Anything, really. I have to get back to walking. I hope to be back to work next Monday (not covid--construction) but I'm not holding my breath.

I haven't been as supportive of others as I'd like lately--probably because I have not been in a great head place...so I'm going to do better. Let's have a great month!
  • jugar
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    steps
    Sun 4648 - 1.6 mi
    Mon 7938 - 2.8 mi
    Tue 4977 - 1.7
    Wed 5315 - 1.9
    Thu 4245 - 1.5
    Fri 4311 - 1.5
    Sat 4767 - 1.7

We went to the Panthers/Patriots game yesterday in Charlotte. Fun time with the family. My daughter's stadium cushion sprung a leak. We were able to take the escalator down to the first floor to buy her some dry pants but had to walk back up to the sixth level - fortunately ramps not stairs! The step count for that will be on next weeks report.

I just found this over on the results thread! Here it is at home again.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited November 2021
    ~~ November Week Two ~~

Welcome to our second week of November! It's that time of the year when we are both dreaming of and dreading the food to come, when the burnout hits just a little harder, and seasonal affective disorder appears to play. The question is not how these things will impact our journeys, but what we do in spite of them.

And here's my weigh-in...
    minstrelofsarcasm
    November Week Two

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 170.8 (November 2nd)
    CW (Current Weight): 174.6
    LTD (Loss to Date): 59.4 lbs

Why the gain? I spent the weekend in my hometown for an old friend's baby shower. Celebrations + Alcohol + Being Around My Parents = Guaranteed Gain. Some of the gain is guaranteed to be bloat, and some of it is something that will need to be worked off, whether that be in the gym or, more likely, in the kitchen.

I was considering excusing myself for the week, but that wouldn't change the fact that I've put some weight on. It's an entirely normal thing. Weighing the same thing every day isn't something that could be realistically expected for me. I do not eat the same thing every day, I do not burn the exact same amount of calories every day (even if I'm not working out)... my body is in a constant state of flux, and I recognize that. There's nothing wrong with that. Besides, being excused isn't solely because you don't want to weigh in, but because you CANNOT weigh in.

STEP COUNTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED LATER TODAY, SO GET THOSE STEPS IN!

And lastly, here's a reminder about the weight loss team vs. cheer squad vs. goal zone from the group leader, jugar...

jugar wrote: »
    The Support Team is for short term use by members who are ill, on vacation, have no access to a scale, or are going through something that will come to an end and allow regular participation again. Members on the Support Team should continue to post when possible - just a bit of news or a hello from time to time is enough. A hospital stay or vacation with no way to post can be an exception, of course. The biggest difference is that their weigh-ins do not count while they are there, even though weighing in is still an option. They are still members of the team and should not just disappear. Even those who are taking a break because they are frustrated or burnt out can keep in touch, I hope!

The Support Team and the EXC notation should not be a way to hide when there has been a weight gain (or continues to be for a bit). Gaining happens to us all - it is useful information, even though we hate it. If the team member can weigh in, they should continue to do so and get the support and encouragement of their team in order to work through it. Of course, if there is more serious depression or upset, then the Support Team can be useful to let things calm down for a while in order to be able to come back to regular participation. I know all of our Captains are good at judging these situations. If ever there are questions or things are not clear at any time, please never hesitate to get in touch by message.

If a member is in support because they have reached a goal, even an interim one, and wants to maintain for a while or permanently - please use the Goal Zone. They still weigh in every week, but it does not count in the team tallies, since their goal is not to lose. If they go above their chosen "zone" for 2 weeks in a row, they go back to regular team until they get back down again.

If there are questions, please feel free to ask. Most likely, you're not the only one thinking that way.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    ~~ Step Challenge Results ~~

Team Statistics:

8 Steppers
    506,311 Steps (that's over half a MILLION steps, folks!)
    63,289 Steps per Person

I'm SO impressed with this team reaching over half a million!

yawnface.gif

The Leaderboard:

Over 10k Per Day:
    @MotylekOkruchy - 113,162 total | 16,166 average - Most Steps in One Day!!
    @IDebraK - 83,290 total | 11,899 average

Over 4k Per Day:
    @lennoncpa - 63,484 total | 9,069 average
    @ljdanny - 63,210 total | 9,030 average
    @ama3387 - 57,711 total | 8,244 average
    @sandielewis2001 - 56,874 total | 8,125 average
    @pacsnc6 - 36,201 total | 5,172 average - Most Consistent!!
    @dbrinkmeyer - 32,379 total | 4,626 average

1d75f4013ead1d28cdc4154a262ae5b8.gif
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member

Kaj848

Thursdays

PW: 158.0

Cw: 160.4

ouch. But not surprising. I haven’t been putting in the work or even tracking so of course this is going to happen. Getting back in the 160s is motivating though. I do not want to go that direction; I’m getting this back on track! Next week WILL be better.

This discussion has been closed.