Freestyle Libre?

trackercasey76
trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
My Doc put me on the freestyle libre system and I love it, however the cheapest I can find is $170 per month! I tried GoodRX and that was even higher. anyone have any suggestions? (I have 3K Deductible on my insurance so they are no help)

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,246 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yikes. That is a LOT.
    Maybe someone else has an idea?

I’m going to be promoting this group more in the next few days so hopefully it will become more active.

Oh! I can’t tell how old you are from your profile picture. Any chance you’re a Vietnam vet? Because the VA can get you a CGM for free.
  • bigzig0305
    bigzig0305 Posts: 5 Member
    I just got one myself and love it. My first arm sensor stopped working after only 3 days when it is supposed to work for 14. I called the company and talked to a tech person. They are sending me a new one in the mail and I’m supposed to send the faulty one back to them so they can figure out what happened. That tells me a lot about the company. I know what I paid for the monitor and 2 sensors so I’m not sure how much my insurance will cover on just the sensors. Hope fully most of it.
  • ghbrown60640
    ghbrown60640 Posts: 1 Member
    I've had it for a while now. There are some annoying things that they seriously need to fix but the data is invaluable.

One recommendation is to get the medical tape cut to fit over the top of it on Amazon and some skin tac or you'll find it easy to pull off and likely break
  • sandra2bfit1
    sandra2bfit1 Posts: 747 Member
    I have been using mine for over a year love it my insurance pays for mine.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member

I have always been interested in this sort of thing. I have dawn effect, and I have wondered what the glucose levels do while I sleep.

• sandra2bfit1
    I take mine to bed have to check my B/S during the night I have gone down to 35 which wakes me up shaking.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    I take mine to bed have to check my B/S during the night I have gone down to 35 which wakes me up shaking.

Whoa - that IS low. I wake up sometimes at 2 or 3 AM, and just out of curiosity, I have checked BG before going back to bed, and it will be 100(ish). It will be 120 at 5.
  • sandra2bfit1
    I keep a few chocolate kisses on my night stand in case I need it.
  • My friend has this, and she loves it.. it seems to stick to her arm OK. My concern was cost, and that she needs to use her phone. I got the cheapest phone sold at T-Mobile.. $29, and I don't use it at all.. unless someone calls ME.. she started talking apps and lost me. I use laptops. Does this have a site where I could check what it is throught the day? That would work a lot better.

I test 3 times a day, but used my meter to design what I eat now. the idea of constant data, sounds awesome, so I could test more theories, and lower BG even more.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Yes there is a site but you will have to google it. I prefer my phone.