KIM so scary for your pooch.

TERRI I love the bear sculpture

Julie, France

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member

2 or 3 days I don't feel up to snuff. 😐️

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member

Sent one more email off today. I'm taking it slowly. One foot in front of another.

Raining and miserable here. I'm going to set foot outside in a bit to buy a baking potato for tonight's meal. DH bought brussel sprouts, so the meal is organised around them. I actually LOVE them, but I may have to spend the night upstairs! 🤤

Friday night is wine night.

It's our 17th wedding anniversary in 8 days time. I can hardly believe it! DH still feels new to me. ☺️ We have decided to go out for lunch rather than dinner as neither of us likes going out in the cold and dark. I'm going to ring somewhere in a bit that I like the sound of. Last night I ordered a silk tie for one of his presents. It's pale blue with pink dots. He hates ties and only ever wears them for the formal evenings on the cruises, but I think it will be nice to have a change from the one he bought for our wedding!!!! Last Christmas I bought him a formal white shirt and gorgeous Blue John cufflinks. So now he is kitted out!

I think I will leave the potato until later. It's pouring and blowing a gale out there!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,366 Member
    edited November 2021

Carol - so pleased the cataract surgeries went well!

Tracey - Thinking about you. Your symptoms sound like my struggle with iron and thyroid issues and are so destructive for your quality of life. That bone-deep tired shouldn't go on this long, and I hope the doc can help.

Julie - I'm so sorry you're not feeling well...

SueBDew - Dang woman, it has been a rough summer for you! Hope things are turning around, and it's so good to see you posting again.

Allie - Not being able to see the community in the Android app is a known bug, but they say you can still go to the website on your phone... The board change does not sound like a good thing, but here's hoping I'm wrong. Thinking about you as you walk through the transplant process.

Eileen in MS - We're glad you're here. Drop into any conversation that interests you. The thread moves pretty fast, so don't feel you need to respond to all of them.

Rori - Just hugs, my dear. It seems the depth of our grief is equal to the depth of our love for the person we've lost. Your grief for your husband and brother shows what amazing people they both were. Thinking about you. Oh - and your cheese is firmly on your cracker, dear heart, more than most.

Kim - Still thinking about you and Levi - hope he's doing much better this morning and back to his old self.

Pip - Love the pics of the Grand Canyon! Y'all look very happy, all three of you. 🙂

For those who are disturbed by the glare, that same link also shows that they ARE getting a lot of feedback on all the white space and are working on it.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    edited November 2021

morning ladies

I dont like this new format at all, i cant get on my phone and chat with you all like I used to and, it only lets me go to one page at a time..

anyway, SueBDew so sorry you went through all that, but so glad your on the mend..

im glad I blew the leaves I had but without being able to put up some type of barrier they have all blown in again darn it...it is supposed to rain all day today and is windy.. so its a stay inside day today..

Trudy asked my yesterday morning if I wanted to go to Greece and as much as I would have loved to I know my body would not have been able to take all the walking around the ruins she wants to go see.

I am hoping with this wind today it takes down the last of the leaves and I can do one last blow of the leaves and put the blower away for the winter..

I started trying to crochet that afghan for Taliah with that Jumbo yarn and am not happy with the outcome so far so will look on Youtube and see if I can get some pointers there.. I do have to say that the yarn is soft and plush and snuggly .

I'm hoping I can figure out how to get the community page working on my phone so I can communicate more often..

found out that they are having an issue with the community page with android users which would be me, so hopefully they will get that fixed soon

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    edited November 2021

I tire very easily these days I have a doctors appointment at 3 and hopefully can get some answers to help me. 

Tracey in Edmonton

--------------------------

I feel like I do too and I don't know why. I've been to the Dr and have had tests etc. with nothing specific pointing to why I might feel so tired.

I fall asleep on the bus on the way home almost every evening.

This evening, I couldn't keep going and napped on the sofa.

On the weekends, I often get 10+ hours of sleep and could go on sleeping longer than that.

I feel like the No. 1 thing I want to do is sleep ... or even just lie in bed and stay there for several days.

I hope you do get some answers!! ❤️

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    edited November 2021
    Allie - Not being able to see the community in the Android app is a known bug, 
    but they say you can still go to the website on your phone...

For those who are disturbed by the glare, that same link also shows that they ARE getting a lot of feedback on all the white space and are working on it. 

Thanks Lisa.

Yes, if anyone is interested, we can all follow along with the progress they are making with the new software. 🙂

They've got updates and things at the top of the page here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories

I am also affected by the Android app thing but that's all right, I can use the website if I wanted. Lately I've been that busy, I've been working with my phone on the bus on the way to work and sleeping on the way home, so I have hardly noticed that the Android app isn't working.

M in Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    edited November 2021

"Get to do"s and "chose well"s

Chose well: BP, made up Monday’s SWSY, Tumble nail trims.

Bonus: ordered Hanukkah and otters-in-snow stamps, walk with T and Shadow

Just one thing: raincoat to dry cleaner, printed eye dr. records release request

Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, practice WBW, B, SL, GDLL, DM, SWTD, T’ai Chi, make up Tuesday’s line dance, backup files then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fire district: submit finalized Safety and Security grant app, meeting minutes, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan next spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).

Reminder: Weekly: Mon=20 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=20 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins wii balance games.

November

11: Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way. Hard to accept sting of correction while remaining true to self, being kind to myself as well as others. Can see now a little more how peoples’ feelings get hurt and how they handle it.

12: Find out something new about someone you care about:  

Joe invited me to watch the end of the Robert Osborne 20th anniversary celebration recorded in 2014. Really enjoyed it but now I’m sleepy and jumpy (from the unusual late night tea) at the same time. :laugh: Funny, caffeine never used to bother me. Ah another joy of the years…

Terri that has been a long time to wait. Trusting the appointment on the 19th will bring quick resolution and healing.

KJ your leaf story reminds me of another pair of giggling young girls who filled a boy’s mg convertible with popcorn…

Machka respectfully disagree about the spoiler, as I only had to type it once in my template document, then when I copy/paste to the next day it was there. Now I have to select every time. May just have to eliminate all those details from postings… That three little words meme made me laugh out so loud Joe could hear. Rally like the color background of your posting.

Pip really enjoying your trip, vicariously, thanks. :love: the sofa cushion covers!

Karen which channel broadcasts the “Martha” Medicare ad?

Flea what you said about the yellow star. Miss it.

Vicki so sorry to hear of the shocking loss and daughter’s reticence.

Oh Kim! So scary.  Our Tumble acted like that once after licking a salamander. Some exude toxins through their skin as a predator deterrent. Thankful to hear Levi is recovering. ((hugs))

Rebecca I can see your apple didn’t fall far from that pretty tree.

Carol happy for your good surgery results!

Michele “Improvements my you-know-what”. Mine too.

Katla that hotel solution sounds like best case. Whew!

Heather and Rori wishing you both safe travels. ((hugs))

Suebdew we are not bored. Sad to hear of your astonishing and previously-unheard-of   side effects from the vaccine. Glad the dermatologist’s treatment is having success.

@soluthernmom3 Eileen from MS you joined by posting. We look forward to getting to know you too!

Tracey sorry to hear it. Hate it when the problem person has the power to drive the helpful person out. Fingers X’d the appointment gives you some help for the pain and fatigue.

Kate and Cheri always happy to see your smiling faces popping in.

Karen, how did you send message about background color?  When I tried to “submit a request” I couldn’t enter in the required Device Type and Reason fields, then it kicked me out.

Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

November: leaner/stronger/kinder than October.

daily: sit with Joe:11, weigh/wii:11/1/18; steps>7391=5404 vits=11, log=11, CI<CO=11, CI<250<CO=8, Tumble=10, Shadow=9, mfp=11, outside=12, up hill=9, clean 10=3, excavate 5=4.                  

wkly: Sun:W=1, Mon:SWSY=2.4, Tue:LD=1 , Wed:TC=2.3, PW=2, Thurs: BB&B=1.1, Fri:TC=1, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=1.

wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/31:145.1 11/7:141.1

mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=4, plan=, waist=42.

bonus: AF=5, play= sew=

2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    edited November 2021

Allie - I always use the website on my phone. No problem finding us.

A good morning with booking our anniversary lunch at a French bistro in town. I told them the occasion, so she said she would give us the best table.

Then I found our Christmas present to each other. A lovely super king duvet cover set. Ikat print. Won't open it when it arrives, until Christmas. DH approved! 🤩

Then the best news. It looks like my interview will go out on Monday. It should have been today, but the presenter is sick. They hope she will be back on Monday and will confirm over the weekend. If it does go out it will be just after 13.00 GMT. Sarah Gorrell. Her slot runs from 10.00 -14.00 and the interview is the Lunchbreak segment. The Sounds app has it, or you can get to it direct through Google. BBC Radio Sussex. Also catchup so you don't have to get up early!

CORRECTION !!! Just heard it's going to be Friday November 19th. 🙃🤯🤪

So, not a bad morning.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member

Vicki, I am so very sorry for the loss of your son-in-law. No matter the circumstances, it is always a shock. Sending love and prayers.

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member

Kim

That just clenched my heart about Levi. I hope he recovers OK. Did you actually see him eat something?

Barbara

I'm not sure - I think I put "other" for the device - anyway, it went through okay the first time - I used my laptop to do it, though, as I don't like using my tablet or phone for MFP because it just doesn't work as well.

Michele

Covid disease doesn't give you the same level of immunity as Covid immunization. Getting the immunization is recommended whether you have had Covid or not.

Lisa

That sounds like a lovely houseful.

Karen in Virginia