November 11

Replies

• DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,389 Member

~🦃~~11 / 11 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🙋🏼 ~~ NOVEMBER ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ 💖 ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 210+ min.

Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am

Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 25,140+.......... 150 walking ........ 30 min. house cleaning.... 30 min. yard/gardening

(Its Suppose to snow Storm this weekend... so finished up some yard work)

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY

(if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11

• znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,983 Member

Yes, yes and yes

Walking, stretching and push-ups

@Caroline_slowandsteady I could not help but relate to your post on some level. When my kids were younger, my fantasy was a secret apartment where I could just go and sleep.  Weirdly I am still thinking this now.  My younger overworked son (30ish) and I both joke if we were ever to win the lottery, the first thing we would so is sleep for a week… Sending hugs to you!

In regard to things that give joy, the best for me is simply being with my dog and anytime spent with family. This is a little backwards from the question asked but I am especially appreciative of random happy moments that simply come to be during the course of day and try to do my best to acknowledge and reflect upon them.  This too gives me great joy.  

In regard to the format change, I am used to vendors changing formats on me and it is quite frustrating. I have learned to adjust but this one especially bothers me because the predominantly white screen seems to be very hard on my eyes. I find it painful to view.  I am hoping they make some modifications based on feedback.

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member

@MadisonMolly2017 - I know I’m a day late on this, but I seriously thought about this all day yesterday. I probably have too many hobbies and they all bring me joy. Now that I’m retired, I finally have time to really enjoy them. But the phrase that has been rattling around in my head was regarding finding something to do in place of boredom eating. And THAT is my nemesis. Our evenings are spent in front of the TV, something I don’t particularly enjoy but hubby considers that our “together” time so I go along with it. However, I get the munchies because I’m bored. I know if I can keep my hands busy it helps but sitting there doing a sudoku puzzle or other game isn’t productive and gets boring too. I realized I have all kinds of mending sitting waiting for me, I also like to knit and hand quilt. So my goal is to prepare a nice bag or box that can sit by my chair, ready with supplies and projects. At night I’ll whip something out to work on. That way I can watch TV, chat with hubby, keep my hands busy, be productive, and keep my mind occupied. Thanks for bringing this up.

@Caroline_slowandsteady - trust me, it does get better. I had twins when my oldest was 3. That first year, the goal was to just make it through each day. And for many years after that, “me time” was pretty rare. I understand your frustration. Hang in there, it will get better.

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited November 2021

Good morning! So I gotta remember this list. I M unfortunately guilty of mindless eating while doing some of these so I gotta take that out.

reading

playing games on my phone

walking

watching today show

exercise-yes treadmill!

tracking and calories-no-messed up last night

talking to family/friends

• calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,125 Member

Nov. 11

Exercise: 90 minutes mountain biking, 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes

Calories: under

Pass days used: 0

• readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member

I’m at 4 passes.  I am working on it and will continue to post.   This meeting new people seems to involve lots of lunches, dinners and alcohol.  The opening post is quite timely for me right now.  

Thursday, November 11

Tracking: Yes

Calories:  over 

Exercise:  Yes, lifting, golf, focus flow yoga

Pass days to date - 4

• MizSpiffy
    MizSpiffy Posts: 145 Member

November 11

RECORD ALL CALORIES – YES

STAY UNDER LIMIT – NO

EXERCISE 20 – NO

Boy do I suck at this lol! Must get better disciplined.

• ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Nov 11
    Fun with Freggies: 26.5oz Almost 9 servings. Pleased with this 😃

Maybe that is why you havent been hungry. Boosting up vegetables and fruits usually helps my satisfaction level a lot.

• ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,221 Member
    ✅ Exercise: 50 minutes swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ()

Some of the things I like to do are: play with or cuddle with my dog, read, do mindfulness meditation, soak in our hot tub, talk a walk outdoors, take a Spanish lesson (I love the service Baselang.com because I can almost alway have a lesson within 1/2 hour of seeking one, and the South American teachers are so friendly), watch Netflix, search for something new to learn.

I almost never watch television-- I get too bored and there are more triggers to eat than when I am at my computer.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    yes x 3
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,262 Member
    November 11, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain/work on this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (9 days "nuts" free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (7 days)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 Thought-provoking post, ty. I have a list of things to remind myself and focus on when I'm tempted to binge eat. These are more related to combating stress and for replacement behaviours when I'm triggered. But I will have to think more on what gives me 5-10 minutes of pleasure. A lot of the things that used to give me pleasure don't anymore: reading being the biggest change. I just don't find it relaxing anymore and don't seem to have the attention span for it. I think it's the type of job that I have now; at the end of the day I just want to turn my brain off and enjoy mindless activities. I do enjoy sipping flavourful herbal teas and have done a lot of that lately, especially in a softly lit room (lighting a candle, just the fireplace on, etc). I tried crocheting 2 winters ago but found I no longer enjoyed it - probably for the same reason I don't enjoy reading anymore. My daughter is moving back home from Uni at Christmas, and I'm looking forward to it. We'll definitely do a lot of things together and she will be the wind in my back so to speak for a lot of fun activities. But I really need to find motivation within myself for fun activities because she will most likely find her permanent job in a larger city a good distance from us. Having said that I do think it will be easier once I retire from this 7-4ish M-F job but that's a few years off still.

Yes to exercise - today my husband and I left the city for a day trip at one of our favourite rural areas to do a couple of hikes. The weather was beautiful. And speaking of tea, we stopped at another favourite place, Distinctly Tea, and I've already enjoyed 4 of the teas I bought. But no to logging and staying under my calorie budget. I did show up and reported in today so I am meeting my goal of being a champion. Sadly I've only made champion a couple of months over the last 1.25 year. Progress is progress though...

Thank you!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    ideas2 wrote: »
    ✅ Exercise: 50 minutes swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ()

Some of the things I like to do are: play with or cuddle with my dog, read, do mindfulness meditation, soak in our hot tub, talk a walk outdoors, take a Spanish lesson (I love the service Baselang.com because I can almost alway have a lesson within 1/2 hour of seeking one, and the South American teachers are so friendly), watch Netflix, search for something new to learn.

I almost never watch television-- I get too bored and there are more triggers to eat than when I am at my computer.

@ideas2
    I’m with you on the TV!
    I also love your Spanish lessons idea!!
    Learning always perks me up, too!
    Thanks!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited November 2021
    @MadisonMolly2017 - I know I’m a day late on this, but I seriously thought about this all day yesterday. I probably have too many hobbies and they all bring me joy. Now that I’m retired, I finally have time to really enjoy them. But the phrase that has been rattling around in my head was regarding finding something to do in place of boredom eating. And THAT is my nemesis. Our evenings are spent in front of the TV, something I don’t particularly enjoy but hubby considers that our “together” time so I go along with it. However, I get the munchies because I’m bored. I know if I can keep my hands busy it helps but sitting there doing a sudoku puzzle or other game isn’t productive and gets boring too. I realized I have all kinds of mending sitting waiting for me, I also like to knit and hand quilt. So my goal is to prepare a nice bag or box that can sit by my chair, ready with supplies and projects. At night I’ll whip something out to work on. That way I can watch TV, chat with hubby, keep my hands busy, be productive, and keep my mind occupied. Thanks for bringing this up.

@biketheworld We're the same way. We don't watch much TV, usually in the evenings, after supper - which is my crochet time. I look so forward to it. It's very relaxing for me. Here is a pic of my current WIP (work in progress).... which is a Christmas gift for the chiropractor that I work with. He's a H-U-G-E Ohio State fan....in fact, the whole chiro office is decorated in OSU stuff. Lol.

(pic is in the spoiler since it's such a huge pic!)
    n0omdawlw2xu.jpg

My goal is to have this one finished by Thanksgiving so that I can start on the one that I give every year at the Hoffer family Gift Exchange at my husband's parents' home.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    @Mrs_Hoffer Wow.. your crochet skills are amazing, that must be a ton of work. Such a nice gift.
  • MizSpiffy
    MizSpiffy Posts: 145 Member
    Thank you @StayFITTer! I appreciate your encouragement. I guess if were easy, we'd all be as thin as we want to be.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    I have never crocheted anything quite on THAT scale ... love color work like that be it crochet of knitting.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited November 2021
    11/11/2021 (late posting again - tried using my phone and only getting a blank white screen when I go to "Community." And when I reloaded the app, it doesn't show anything for my food diary. Hope all the bugs get worked out of this update soon.)

Exercise? No
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? Definitely not.

Did absolutely nothing right today.