Replies

• lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,699 Member
    Turning up and logging in – well done!

@WhatMeRunnning – take it slowly, it will be better in the long run
    @LazyBlondeChef
    @_JeffreyD_
    @biketheworld
    @Caroline_slowandsteady – so sorry these vaccinations make you sick.
  • lesdarts180
    @Jana_2020 – you’ve reminded me that I worked as a supply teacher for several years and enjoyed the opportunity to go to several different schools and meet lots of different people. I often got a call at breakfast to go in to work that day, and also often found myself supervising classes that were not in my subject. It was all good experience – even the bad days.
  • lesdarts180
    @BMcC9 – thanks for the x-stich app! I can see myself using it on holiday.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Nov 12
    ✅✅✅
    Pass Days Used: 1

Sorry for the late post - I couldn't log onto the community at all last night, so I gave up and determined that I wouldn't let it get to me. Lol. I drove to Cinci to get my sister and bring her up to my home for a weekend visit. I got 30 mins of walking in before I left to go get her.

I don't do change very well, and find that I seem to getting worse about it as I get older. Lol. I like what several of you wrote about breathing in/out, especially the one about the gold pixie dust!! Cute! That'll stick with me and I'll try to remember to do it when I'm feeling overwhelmed. Lol. I'm envious of those of you who embrace change! I wanna be like you when I grow up!! :lol:

@WhatMeRunning Chris, be kind to yourself as you heal from your surgery. You knew coming into this month that it was gonna be challenging. I love your sense of humor tho, and always look forward to your posts! :)

@Caroline_slowandsteady hope you are feeling better! You're right, today is a new day! :wink:

@biketheworld what a beautiful view!

@Jana_2020 I love your outlook about change, and you inspire me to try harder to "look at the glass half full" !!! Thanks for sharing!

@tahm42 I hope they can get things figured out for you, soon.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,483 Member
    Thx for those words of wisdom. For some reason I am fine with the changes. It seems easier for me to find stuff?
    Exercise-yes
    tracking and calories-no
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    @biketheworld OH MY GOSH that view!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
  • ashleycarole86
    edited November 2021
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 15 minutes yoga, 20 minutes Peloton, 42 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I don't mind change but my initial reaction is usually to react. I just need some time to settle as overall I find change fun once I get used to it. In terms of this change my first reaction was that it looks much more modern and I enjoyed that but I then saw the bugs and understand the frustration.

I just try not to overthink the thing that's changing because when I ruminate it doesn't help.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,469 Member
    ✅ Exercise - 67 minutes of a neighborhood walk.
    ✅ Calories - Pretty much ate the same thing as yesterday, but I was HUNGRY most of the day
    ✅ Tracking
    Closed all my Apple watch rings today.
    3/3 Pass days used

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Nov 12
    ✅✅✅
    Pass Days Used: 1

@Jana_2020 I love your outlook about change, and you inspire me to try harder to "look at the glass half full" !!! Thanks for sharing!

Actually ...... ask any molecular chemist, and they will remind you that the "glass is ALWAYS full - it's just a matter of proportion ...." ;)

Whatever portion of the interior volume is NOT filled with liquid .... IS filled with air molecules! B)

And who ever made The Rule about which metaphor label to apply where? hmmmmmm? :D
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,229 Member
    ✅ Exercise: 40 minutes swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ()

• seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    11/12/2021

Exercise? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? No
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,770 Member

Late night snacking.
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,024 Member
    Friday November 12

A very busy and active day with a very high “calories out” calculation. I tracked everything and did allow myself to eat some of those exercise calories. So, ✅✅✅

Had a lovely a lovely visit with our daughter and her partner who were down for a few nights with us. We had some terrible news from his family and it made it all the more of a blessing to have them with us. It doesn’t change the outcome but it gave us all comfort to be together. I didn’t eat my feelings and used the opportunity to bolster my endorphins for a bit of relief, and did get a good sleep last night. 💛

Julie
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,757 Member
    yesx3
  • ashleycarole86
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    Friday November 12

A very busy and active day with a very high “calories out” calculation. I tracked everything and did allow myself to eat some of those exercise calories. So, ✅✅✅

Had a lovely a lovely visit with our daughter and her partner who were down for a few nights with us. We had some terrible news from his family and it made it all the more of a blessing to have them with us. It doesn’t change the outcome but it gave us all comfort to be together. I didn’t eat my feelings and used the opportunity to bolster my endorphins for a bit of relief, and did get a good sleep last night. 💛

Julie

Sorry to hear you received this news, glad you had the comfort of being together during your difficult time. Thinking of you <3