Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Reactions

Cindy01Louisiana
Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member

Like many others, I read a LOT here. While "like," "hug," and "disagree" are helpful sometimes, there are two emojis/expressions missing that would so much more accurately convey my feeling/reaction: "Funny" and "Agree." Very often, when reading, I either laugh or think to myself "Yeah, I agree," but the only option is "Like." "Like" doesn't convey my thoughts when I'm actually cracking up at another member's wit/humor.

[Edited by MFP Staff: Title edited to reflect the feature name]

7 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,125 Member

I agree that "Funny" and "Agree" would be nice options. (I would click "Agree" on your comment above, if only it were available)

Weeks ago, in one of the discussions I participate in, I jokingly asked "Where's the cracking up button when you need it?" From time to time since then, one of us mentions the cracking up button. 😂

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,813 MFP Staff
    Hello! Great suggestion. We do have the ability to add more reactions, but also don't want to overwhelm members with too many if that makes sense. We'll keep an eye on this suggestion and will consider a poll to have members vote on some possible new reactions in the future.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Seems like a day or two ago MFP added lots of emoji's and now they are gone. Too bad. The few they have are so limited.
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,813 MFP Staff
    mjglantz wrote: »
    Seems like a day or two ago MFP added lots of emoji's and now they are gone. Too bad. The few they have are so limited.

Hi @mjglantz! Just to clarify, we switched back to using BBCode for our posting editor which does not have the same robust list of emojis that the other posting editor (Rich Editor) had. While I personally loved all the emoji's available with Rich editor, it was missing out on some key functionality that members were missing so we made the choice to switch back to BBCode for now. Mobile users can still use the emoji keyboards built into their phones to use additional emoji's.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 487 Member
    Betty wrote: »
    mjglantz wrote: »

Hi @mjglantz! Just to clarify, we switched back to using BBCode for our posting editor which does not have the same robust list of emojis that the other posting editor (Rich Editor) had. While I personally loved all the emoji's available with Rich editor, it was missing out on some key functionality that members were missing so we made the choice to switch back to BBCode for now. Mobile users can still use the emoji keyboards built into their phones to use additional emoji's.

Thanks Betty. Understand now and hopefully one day you'll be able to get them back.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I don't think "funny" should be added.
    It could be used in a sarcastic or passive-aggressive way.
    If you think something is funny, you can use "like" or just type a reply.