Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,769 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 40/Squat Rack Legs followed by XTrain All Out Low Impact HiiT and Core 1. I also took a nice walk because it is sunny with a temp near 70. Even though it is somewhat breezy, it felt wonderful.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry your back was bothering you though. Our recovery time can’t get here fast enough for me, that’s for sure. Like you, I am really struggling with the fact that Thanksgiving is a week away. DH and I have decided to forego the traditional Thanksgiving meal this year, though. Because he smoked a couple of turkeys throughout the year (and we still have quite a bit in the freezer), we thought we would try something we haven’t done…..smoked salmon. I will take salmon every day over turkey, so I know I will love it. I did promise to make a from-scratch real pumpkin pie this year though. No we won’t be traveling for the holidays. After doing that once at Christmas, (some 26 years ago), I swore never to do it again. Crazy busy airports during unpredictable weather season are just not my thing. B) What are you doing for the holidays?

Laurie, great workout and I am glad you continue to heal. It is so hard when you get to the stage where your parents start getting rid of things. I mean, there is a reason my MIL’s dining table is in our house. :) I completely understand why your mom would want help selling her dolls, though. They probably mean so much to her. But it just isn’t something young people collect anymore. Anyhow, I have my favorite old Hallmark Christmas movies too. Many of them play in the middle of the night, so I have them all lined up on the DVR for when I want to watch them. Since I tend to want to watch my favorites, I admit I have seen few of the new ones over the last couple of years.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,505 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Zumba, gentle yoga flow, Xtend Barre Legs.

My back was doing better this morning but I went to a friend's house to pick something up with the intention of leaving there ASAP. Nope! I volunteered to help her unpack her Christmas decorations. She loves Christmas and has a huge collection of ornaments and dishes. I unpacked two boxes of Nativity scenes and packed what was on the cabinets to make room for the Xmas stuff. We have yet to get to the tree ornaments; which I'm sure are a lot because she has a 10' tree. Her china cabinet looked beautiful with her Christmas dishes. My back was killing me 4 hours later. I had never seen so many Christmas things before. She has hundreds of Santas, a lot of villages, angels, multiple Christmas trees, outdoor decorations for their wrap around deck.

Laurie, great workout and I'm glad your toe is doing so much better!
    I hope you find a good way to sell your mom's doll collection.

Laurel, great workouts! We also had a gorgeous day here. I wish it would stay like that with no humidity. I am so looking forward to our recovery rotation!

The smoked salmon and pumpkin pie sound delicious! I hear you on holiday travel. It is always a nightmare. We will just have our traditional turkey breast and will make a pumpkin pie.

Talk to you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,410 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This mornings workout was 30MTF Cardio Pump W1. I enjoy this one every time I do it.

Laurel, Great job on your workout. Nice that you where able to take a walk in those lovely temps. Even though we had temps in the 50's it felt colder because of the wind. My Mom has some mid century modern items, and those are pretty popular right now. My youngest likes that style, so she is getting a clock. I told her when they are ready to redecorate, she has to offer it to someone in the family before we get rid of it. The clock was a wedding gift, and it still works. So that is when Hallmark puts those movies on, I didn't realize that. Will have to scope out the ones that I don't have on DVD, and see if I'm missing something good. :D We are going to be having some smoked salmon as an appetizer, so great minds think alike. ;)

Thelma, I'm so sorry to hear about your back. Good job on your workouts though. The amount of Christmas you are talking about is on par with what my DH puts out every year. I collet Santa's, so there are many of those around the house too. We do not have a 10' tree though. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a tough 45 minute HiiT and Hills spin followed by 45 minutes of yoga. Boy did I need that yoga today.

Thelma, great workouts….especially the Christmas decorating. That is hard work. Sounds like your friend enjoys the season. That’s even more stuff than I have! And I have a lot. B) We will be decorating a week from Saturday, and my back already hurts thinking about it. But, aside from the back pain, I absolutely love decorating for Christmas. I keep forgetting to mention this….did you know Cody has made it to the DWTS Finale? Crazy.

Laurie, great workout. Mid-century has become very popular lately. I noticed that when DH and I were shopping for furniture. What we got from my MIL is vintage 1990’s……which isn’t popular, including with me. :# But we make it work for us right now. It was definitely the right thing for us to do and, honestly, the table makes for a perfect puzzle table, which we have, of course, been doing since the pandemic started. Definitely check the middle of the night listings for Hallmark. There are some gems there.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were a Peloton ride and Disc 36 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. One more week to go! My back felt great today! Yaay!

Laurie, great workout!
    Our friend even rents/leases a storage unit for all her decorations. She has another large tree in the loft area, one in their bedroom and more out on the porch. She also has artificial poinsettia plants that go on her window boxes around the deck. One of her friends suggested she kept the main Christmas tree up year-round and decorated it according to the season or special holiday. It's no wonder she needs a storage unit! Her fall tree was very beautiful. We have to little trees, which are collapsible and don't require decorations but we added lights. What our friend does required too much work!

Laurel, great workouts. I'm glad you and Laurie are enjoying practicing yoga.

All the Christmas decorations our friend has require a lot of work. She had hired a friend to help her. I told her that I would help her gladly and that she didn't need to pay me. She spends a lot of time helping me with my shooting skills, so this is the least I can do for her. By the time her friend showed up I'd been there for about 1.5 hours. I used to love decorating for Christmas but the amount of work it required was too much so I gave my Christmas decorations away. I didn't feel like decorating for Christmas for a very long time. I do now but in a very minimalist sort of way.

OMG with Cody going to the finals! I've been watching the show and he doesn't deserve to be in the finals. Clearly his Peloton followers are voting for him.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 36/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps followed by Cathe Live In The Ring and a standing core workout from Peloton.

Thelma, great workouts! Like you said…..just one more week! I must say, though, that I feel really strong right now. Don’t get me wrong….I want a long break from STS! But feeling this way at the end of nearly eight months of STS makes me happy that we will be doing it again….in a few months. :) I am so glad your back is feeling better. If I had to rent a storage unit for my Christmas decorations, I would get rid of some decorations. :# That’s just a step too far for me. What I like most about Christmas decorations is the light it provides during these dark weeks and the multitude of memories we have attached to the various things we have bought along our journey. But I have taken to decorating in softer colors because too much red causes me anxiety. :D It is good of you to offer to help your friend because it really is a lot of work. About Cody, I get the feeling people are voting for Cheryl Burke more than they are Cody since she is an old-timer instructor. But he also must be doing a little something right, though I didn’t see it in the one dance I watched. B)

Laurie, I hope you are enjoying your day off.

See you Monday. Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was busy. We went back to help our friends on Saturday and DH went back on Sunday afternoon too to try to help him with their internet service, tv installation and software updates, a ceiling fan that was hanging off the ceiling by the electric cables! More Christmas stuff and she's still not done! They were very thankful for our help though and invited us to their home for Thanksgiving dinner. We accepted and it will be the first time we will go to someone else's home on Thanksgiving Day.

We had nice weather this weekend. A little on the cooler side but nice. Tonight though we had some torrential rain.

My workouts on Friday were Slow flow yoga, Xtend Barre and stretch and a short Peloton ride. On Sunday I did a low impact Peloton ride and STS Disc 35 Plyo Legs. Last week of the rotation! YAAAY!

Laurel, great workouts! How is your elbow doing? I definitely feel stronger too but I can't wait to finish the last two STS workouts.
    Our friend rents a storage unit for her Christmas and other seasonal decorations. She changes her livingroom tree decorations according to the seasons! OMG! she has decorations for inside the house and her wrap around porch. Like you, she has ornaments and figurines that she's collected during their travels or as anniversary gifts. Some were her mother's.

Two years ago when we bought our Christmas tree I bought warm lights. Those are so soothing and relaxing! DH loves them and that is the reason why last year our tree was up until April. The tree became our source of light at night! LOL. Our two trees are simple. They are these collapsible tinsel trees with little shiny discs for decorations. We added lights to them and that is it! My kind of Christmas decoration!
    I am sure some people are voting for Cheryl, but I think the LGBT and Peloton community are voting for them. I'm sure they will be the first ones to get kicked out next week because the judges votes are the ones that matter on finale day.

Laurie, I hope you had a nice long weekend!

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Horrible day yesterday here in Waukesha. I don't know if you heard about the vehicle that plowed through the holiday parade. Just tragic. So far there are 5 dead and 40 injured. They have the suspect in custody, and will be giving out more information later today.

Had a good day off, and it was a busy one. We went out with our oldest on Friday night. It was nice to be with her. The only workout I did was on Friday, and that was Yoga Warrior 365 Freed Warrior. Saturday was an off day for me, and Sunday was a deep clean in our living room. I figured that was enough of a workout, since I was up and down on a ladder. I even went out in the cold and cleaned the windows. :D

This morning's workout was RAW Tabata Sculpt Ladder. This was a fun workout.

Laurel, Some great workouts you got in. I here you on the 90's decor. We do tend to have that, since we build during that timeframe. DH did get some really nice pieces of furniture from his grandmother, so those are put to great use. She gave him a wrought iron stand lamp, and I would love to find a tiffany shade for that one at some point. You do have to love a table that is perfect for puzzles. I just bought a new puzzle from the thrift store. It is a Kincaid print, so it should be fun to put together.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Very nice that you will be going to your friends house for Thanksgiving. I'm actually needing to take Wednesday off, just to make sure that I have the pies done. We are hosting, and it will be just after noon when everyone arrives. I can't even imagine how much work your friend and you went through putting out all those decorations. DH usually uses the warm lights also, it does have a more soothing effect than all the bright ones.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was busy but nice. Saturday we spent on errands and chores in and around the house. Yesterday, because the weather was warm and not windy, we decided to decorate the outside of the house for Christmas. We got it done just in time because it poured buckets of rain throughout the evening. But I am glad that part of the decorating is done.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a 30 minute Jessica Smith Power Walk followed by 45 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was STS Disc 35/Plyo Legs and a 30 minute spin. Today was STS Disc 34/Chest and Back followed by Cathe Live Cardio HiiT Plus Core.

Laurie, I thought about you this morning when I read that horrible news. My heart breaks for all those people just out for a nice holiday day. I just don’t understand anything anymore. I pray for no more deaths and full recovery for those injured. I am glad you enjoyed your day off and time with your DD. Great job with the yoga on Friday and the workout this morning. That does sound like a fun workout.

Thelma, great workouts! Like you, I am counting minutes until this week’s workouts are done. :D I am so looking forward to next week’s break. My elbow is actually doing really well. It gets a little stiff after lifting but is fine after a few hours. I only really feel it if I am doing something like pouring a heavy pan out or when I need to lift anything heavy using primarily my forearm. But I am encouraged it will heal completely with this break. How nice of you to help your friends out. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with them.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Jessica Smith's Power Walk, Yinyasa yoga and STS Disc 34 Chest and Back, stretching.

Laurie, OMG! No wonder Waukesha sounded familiar to me. I kept thinking that the name of that town sounded familiar. It was a really horrible tragedy. My heart and prayers are with the victims and their families. I was just reading about the suspect and he has a bad record.

I'm glad you had a good day off even if it was a busy one! Good job with the deep cleaning and for going out in the cold to clean the windows!
    Great workouts!!

How many pies are you making? Are you cooking the full meal or are you having people bring side dishes?
    It was a lot of work to do all those Christmas decorations. I am dreading the day she has to pack all that stuff. It's way too much work!

Laurel, I'm glad you had a good weekend too! Sounds like you had the same storm we had here! What kind of Christmas decorations did you put outside? We never do anything outside. It wouldn't even make sense to do it here because it's pitch dark outside and no one would see the lights. I did order a Christmas comforter set. I finally found something with a subtle design. I've never had a Christmas comforter but have wanted one for a while. I hope it's just as lovely in person or back it will go! LOL

One STS workout left for me. I was just thinking that I might want to do the Squat Rack workout without weights during the recovery rotation. I'll have to keep that in mind.
    I am so glad your elbow is doing better! I hope we will have a nice Thanksgiving with our friends too. DH and I are both such homebodies that it feels very strange going to someone else's house for a holiday.

Did you watch Dancing with the Stars? Cody didn't win and I was surprised at the winner. He did well considering his height but I didn't think he deserved to win.

I'll talk to you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Stepboxing. Very simple workout as far as using the step, so my kind of step workout. :D I used my 1lb egg weights throughout the workout.

I'm off tomorrow, but hoping to get online in the morning.

Laurel, Good job getting those decorations up before the rain came. I can imagine how much of a relief it is to get them up. We actually should have done that on Sunday, since it was cold but not horrible. Awesome job on your workouts. There are a lot of gofundme sites that are being set up for the families. Some of these parents have multiple children in the hospital right now, just can't imagine what they are having to go through.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts. I'm actually surprised at how many reporters are actually not mispronouncing the cities name. Unfortunately the suspect does have a very long record. They will be sentencing him later today. Now I'm really hoping that my name doesn't appear for jury duty. :/ I'm planning on making at least two different pies. Pumpkin, because my family loves it. I will probably also make a banana cream, since my BIL loves those too. I'm going to be making the full meal, and my SIL will be bringing the side veggies.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute spin followed by 45 minutes of Barre with Peloton. I finished it with 10 minutes of much-needed yoga focused on the hips.

Thelma, great workouts. I still have two STS workouts left since I am doing the Squat Rack Leg workouts. I had to force myself not to do that workout today just to get it over with! But I am still feeling the Plyo Legs workout from Sunday, so the extra day will do me good. I didn’t see any of DWTS last night, but I think Cody should be happy/proud with how he did. He got way further than I imagined. But, selfishly, I will be glad when he is back on the bike at Peloton a little more. :) Our outdoor Christmas decorations are pretty simple. It seems many people in the neighborhood are opting to have lights professionally installed which, while pretty, is a little sterile in feeling. Our decorations are definitely more amateurish, but they are ours. :D But they consist of wreaths, lighting on the hand railings, lights on an outdoor pine tree, a small Christmas tree on the front porch, bows on our outdoor lights and one giant polar bear in our garden area. I hope you enjoy the Christmas comforter.

Laurie, great workout. You made my mouth water when you mentioned making a banana cream pie. It has been forever since I have had a good banana cream pie. My heart breaks whenever I read more about what happened on Sunday. I cannot begin to imagine what some families are going through.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B's 3000 Steps, Revive and Restore Yoga, Pilates Abs, a short walk with Chico and stretching.
    Chico wanted to switch sides during our walk and walked in front of me and I somehow hurt my knee. It's a good think I'm doing upper body on Wednesday.

The temps dropped into the low 20's last night and tonight too. I finally broke down and took my long down coat out of the closet and wore it! It is freezing! The temps were in the low 40's during the day but I swear, our property is in the middle of a wind tunnel!

Laurie, great workout! Kelly's boxing workouts are so much fun!

Interesting that reporters are not pronouncing the name of the city correctly. If on location, I would've expected them to ask the locals how to pronounce it. I just read that the guy's bail was set at 8 million dollars and that he drove into the crowd intentionally! Too low as far as I'm concerned!

You're going to be doing a lot of cooking! Is the banana cream pie pudding based? Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Laurel, great workouts! Thank God for those yoga practices focusing on hips! Good for you for listening to your body and not doing the Squat Rack workout!

Cody got much further than I ever imagined too. It is clearly a show based on fan votes and he is such a ham! I'm sure he will be very happy to be back on the bike too. His boyfriend is adorable!

I love what you did outside for Christmas! I can't imagine paying someone to install Christmas lights for us. Call me cheap! I'm sure we'll be setting up our little trees in the next couple of days too.

Our Christmas comforter arrived today and we didn't like it. I should've known better given that I like neutral colors in the bedroom. We also checked how it would fit in our washer and dryer and it's way too big. We haven't owned a comforter in over a decade. We prefer a quilt and use a winter weight blanket and an electric blanket.

I'll talk to you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 40/Squat Rack Legs followed by Cathe Live HI/Lo HiiT. I must say, I was pretty happy to be putting the set of Squat Rack Leg workouts back on the shelf today. :) I always say that I will never do them again, and I have always done them again. I have no doubt they will come off the shelf next time I do Meso 3, but, goodness, they are just not fun workouts.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry you hurt your knee. I am finding with this colder weather I am feeling my aches and pains all the more. I think next week I may actually try some epsom salt baths and see how my body likes those. Cathe highly recommends them, but I am not much of a bath person. Actually, I am not somebody who likes to clean my bathtub every day, which makes me not a bath person. B) I am sorry you didn’t like the comforter. We use a duvet and duvet cover, which is easier to keep clean than a comforter. We have a quilt on our spare bed which is easy to clean as well. I can’t imagine I will ever willingly own a comforter again because of that size issue you are talking about with washing.

Well, it’s time for me to go make some pumpkin bread and our pumpkin pie. Happy Thanksgiving!!! I will be back on Friday to celebrate the end of this STS rotation!!!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today's workout was a low impact Peloton ride and STS Disc 36 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. What a relief! This was my last STS workout for now!

I'm still nursing my knee injury. It was pretty swollen today.

Laurel, great workouts and congratulations on finishing the STS rotation. I hear you on the Squat Rack workout! LOL

Cold weather can definitely bring up aches. Interesting about the Epsom salt baths. I am not a bath person either. Let us know what you think if you give them a try.

The Christmas comforter came in a duvet but I don't think it would've liked either.

We decided to make our Thanksgiving meal on Sunday and will be making a pumpkin pie too.

Have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day. We had a great time with our friends and ate way too much!
    I did get up early to do cardio and yoga. I did Gina B Disco Low impact and Slow Flow yoga.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving. We had a very nice day. It was so enjoyable with just a simple meal planned. It gave DH and I time to take a super long walk, which I love doing on Thanksgiving. I also did a good 60 minute spin before that.

I finished STS today!!! I did Disc 36/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps followed by 4DS Kickbox Cardio and Core. Like Thelma said…..it is such a relief. But I am so happy to have been able to do it again. Thank you, Thelma, for the inspiration!!

Thelma, I am glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. What a good idea to make your own meal on Sunday. I am sorry about your knee, though. I hope it gets better soon. Sounds like perfect timing for a true recovery week. Congratulations on finishing STS! We did good. :)

Enjoy the weekend! I will be shoulder deep in Christmas stuff for much of it. :D

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a good weekend. Ours, was nice, quiet and busy. The weather was nice too.
    We made our simple Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. We both loved it and were glad we decided to make it.

My workouts on Friday were a Peloton Low Impact Ride, Slow Flow Yoga and Pilates.
    Sunday I did a Peloton Low Impact ride, Xtend Barre and Core focused openfit yoga class.
    I'm happy to report that my knee is back to normal again. Thank God!

I was on chicken watch patrol all weekend. We started the integration process. We put the new chickens in their kennel next to the coop so they all can get to know each other from a distance. I let the chickens take turns outside their cages. There's been a little pecking here and there and mostly from our tiny Roosty! Poor thing lives in the land of the giants! LOL

Laurel, I'm glad you and your DH had an enjoyable Thanksgiving.
    Congratulations again for finishing the STS rotation. We really did good!
    I think the next rotation will be so much better because we won't be doing that single body part week.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice but super busy week. It was nice to see both families, but this is one of those holidays that I'm really tired by Sunday. I didn't workout at all, it feels like I really didn't do to much this past weekend. Everyone in our family is doing good. I did make an adult bib for my dad. I made it out of a flannel shirt that I purchased from the thrift store. Everyone loved it, and said that I should sell them online. So again I need to check into all the sites for selling.

Sounds like everyone had a good Thanksgiving, and enjoyed the pumpkin pie.

My workout this morning was 30MTF Train Like a Contender W1.

Laurel, Congrats on finishing up the STS rotation!!! I'm sure that you are looking forward to some different workouts for the next few weeks. Great job on your workouts too. The banana cream is a vanilla pudding base, and I'm one of those that makes it from scratch. Just one pie has a tablespoon of vanilla in it, so when you add the bananas it really does taste yummy. I have a couple of cans of pumpkin, so I will probably be making some bread too.

Thelma, Congrats on your finishing up the STS rotation also!!!! WTG on the workout also. I see that you where making pumpkin pie too. I have some left, so I think that will be my treat for after dinner tonight. We will be eating turkey again tonight, buy I will be freezing up some portions. My nephew had to get rid of his roosters, they where attacking his "girls" to much. Hope all goes well for all your chickens with the intergration.

Have a great day, need to get back to work!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was very nice. On Saturday, we decorated the house for Christmas. I did quite a bit of the work on Friday afternoon, so Saturday, with both DH and I working on it, it all felt manageable. And the house really does look nice this year. Yesterday we went shopping for gifts for a couple of charities we support. It was actually really fun because the stores weren’t crowded at all.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a 30 minute Jessica Smith walk and 30 minutes of Peloton yoga. Yesterday was a 45 minute spin and 45 minutes of Peloton yoga. Today was LITE Cardio Party followed by an old Pilates workout I have called The Method Pilates with Jennifer Kries. I did the 45 minute floor toning work and, even after 20 years, thoroughly enjoyed it. But it reminded me how much stronger I am than I was 20 years ago, when I thought this workout was brutal! :) Now I find it quite pleasant. :D

Thelma, great workouts. It is day two into our recovery week and I am already feeling better! No doubt that is all mental, but it does feel good. I am glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. I hope the integration with the chickens goes well. Poor Roosty! He must feel overwhelmed.

Laurie, great workout this morning. I am so glad your Thanksgiving went well, that your family is doing well, and everybody enjoyed the holiday. But, no doubt, you had every reason to be exhausted yesterday. Between meals and guests and everything…..it just is a lot in a few days. I have no doubt in my mind that you could sell some of your projects on-line. You are truly creative and highly skilled.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel