What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,091 Member
    After a long-ish day at work (during which I had the stressful task of telling my boss I'm quitting my job) I wasn't in the mood for fiddling with the speed buttons on my treadmill. So a simple run: 5km at a constant 8kph.

Quite surprised to see that the whole run was Z2 and lower. Quite happy with Runalyze, I have to say, I've really made a lot of progress after stagnating for months on end and being stuck below 8 kph for so long.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    dralicephd wrote: »
    Did my typical 30 min. elliptical "run". I'm not fast, but I'm loving to see the progress. When I started at the end of July, I couldn't go over 20 minutes without knee pain (and I only covered 1 mile). Then I progressed to 30 minutes (same pace - covered 1.5 miles). Over the last couple of weeks I've consistently been able cover 1.7 miles in 30 minutes without feeling like I'm pushing too hard. It feels good. Today is the 2nd day in a row that I reached 1.7 miles about a minute before the end of the 30 minute workout. Not a huge gain in pace, but it's a gain! :smiley:

*insert cuss words* So, despite trying to be careful with my out-of-shape butt, I guess I've pushed myself too hard. I woke up mildly sore this morning. No big deal. I sat on the floor while drinking my morning tea and did a little bit of mild stretching to wake up. (Yes, mild. It was child pose.) Somehow or another I moved while trying to get up and I felt a giant *twang* in my quad. Ouch. What. The. Kitten?

My leg's been hurting all day. Ice and ibuprofen are my friends. It's getting better, but seriously... "How did you hurt yourself?" "Sitting on the floor". *sigh*

Guess I'll be taking a break from work outs for a bit.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    After a long-ish day at work (during which I had the stressful task of telling my boss I'm quitting my job) I wasn't in the mood for fiddling with the speed buttons on my treadmill. So a simple run: 5km at a constant 8kph.

Quite surprised to see that the whole run was Z2 and lower. Quite happy with Runalyze, I have to say, I've really made a lot of progress after stagnating for months on end and being stuck below 8 kph for so long.

Sorry about the job. Or, maybe, Congratulations on getting out of a bad job? Anyway, hang in there.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Stationary bike, the basic putative going-nowhere 10k (pretty easy pace, Z2-3) + 3' CD, though the need to CD is disputable. 😆

Indoors. 🙄😐

Outside: Cold rain, wind. 🙄☹️

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Gym workout with my trainer this morning. When I signed up, I asked her to focus on stability and balance work and I sure am getting my wish, lol. Most movements are done on a ball or a foam pad, which is a real challenge for me, such as weighted split squats, etc. Also some challenging core work today with med ball weighted crunches, weighted dead bugs, etc. I had forgotten how much I enjoy gym days.

This afternoon will be very warm, so I'm going to sneak in an outdoor ride with a few friends. Probably no more than 25 miles, since it gets dark so early.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    7-8 am:
    Warm-Up
    Jumprope - 1m on 15s off x 10r (10m)

Strength: E5-15MOM
    Pull-up - 12-6-6-6-6r (36r)
    Dip - 8-4-4-4-4 (24r)
    Squat - 5x12r (60r)

Core Finisher: Ab Wheel Rollouts - 3x10r (30r)
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Cold and windy outside this morning, so
    Spin bike intervals indoors!!

Warm-up -> 5 minutes
    Intervals:
    Cadence time (sec)
    110/75 - 60/60
    115/75 - 60/30
    120/75 - 30/30
    Burnout -> 130+ for 60 seconds
    Cool-down -> 5 minutes
    Total -> 51 minutes
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Yesterday was Bootcamp x2
    High knee burpees
    Glute bridge march
    decline pushups
    duck walks
    Lunge L-raise
    Medicine ball toss up slams
    Bird Dog crunches
    Barbell Kayak sits
    Bicep curl, press with tricep extension
    TRX single leg squats
    1 minute crunches
    1 minutes wall sit
  • Lietchi
    Strength training today, I wasn't really 'feeling' it but I won't progress if I don't train often enough.
    - 4 sets of step-ups
    - 3 sets of barbell bench presses
    - 2 sets of barbell shoulder presses
    - 2 sets of incline dumbell flys
    - 3 sets of hanging leg hip raises
    - 2 sets of triceps cable push downs

Curious to find out if my hanging leg raises will lead to 4 days of sore abs again, like the first time 😆
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    6 sets of 8 heavy reps no breaks
    Waiter Curls
    Iso Tricep Exts
    Preacher Curls
    Skull Crushers
    Dbell Curls
    Tricep Overhead Press
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Another round of 3 x (2k on, 2' off) rowing machine, so 6719m all told. Decided to slow the split another couple seconds to somewhere around 2:36-2:37 (hit 2:36.3, 2.36.7, 2:36.5 at 20-18-18spm).

Still Z3 and below of course, still hit 144bpm at max, but didn't get there as quickly nor flirt with it as long.

Surprisingly, this felt subjectively noticeably easier than Tuesday, at a sacrifice of only 3W - maybe more just the different day, who knows. (Yesterday included excess calories, including extra carbs - it was my birthday, #66, so maybe I was just well-fueled for today. 😆)

It's fun to play around a little with the variables - spm, subjective pressure/intensity, split - and watch HR. There's more than one way to get to the same split, and the subjective energetic costs are similar, but I think not identical, even though consistent split is consistent watts. Can mess with damper setting/drag factor, too, of course, but I don't like to, mostly.
  • Lietchi
    @AnnPT77 a belated happy birthday to you!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    I went climbing on Wednesday with my little brother. It was good, I got a reasonable number of harder routes. 90 minute session.

I lifted yesterday, doing
    3 sets of 5 (bench), 50 kgs
    3 sets of 5 (deadlift), 100 kgs.

It was my first lifting session for a while, I seem to be fairly weak.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    5 mins walk 4 mph @ 4 inc
    3 mins 8 @ 2
    1 min 4 @ 4
    2.5 mins 9 @ 2
    1 mins 4 @ 4
    2 mins 10 @ 2
    1 min 4 @ 4
    1.5 mins 11 @ 2
    1 min 4 @ 4
    1 min 12 @ 2
    1 min 4 @ 4
    30 sec 13 @ 2 (Max treadmill speed)
    5 min walk 4 @ 4
    Stretching

40# pack hiking 60 min's
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    7-8 am:
    Warm-Up
    Jumprope - 1m on 10s off x 10r (12m)

Strength: Shoulders/Legs
    HSPU: 4x4r (16r)
    OHP: 4x8r (32r)
    Face Pull: 4x8r (32r)
    Squat: 4x8r (32r)
    RDL - 4x8r (32r)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Snuck in a (last?) weekday afternoon ride yesterday in 65 degree weather. I got to chase my friends "The Torture Sisters" for 25 hilly miles. Ended up at a 17.1mph ave. It was slightly windy, but a beautiful day for mid November.

With both strength work and a bike ride yesterday, I was dragging a bit this morning. 25 minutes of yoga helped. Resting this evening.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited November 2021
    Lietchi wrote: »
    @AnnPT77 a belated happy birthday to you!

Agreed! Happy B-Day a day or so late Ann.

Took today off myself. Had to take my cat, Dempsey, to the vet. Dempsey is 11 and has been to the vet exactly once before in his entire life. I think it was as stressful for me and my wife as it was for him. He's doing really well and back home now.

Dempsey is a 16 lb Maine Coon that we got from a shelter as a kitten and he believes he's my fourth dog.