What's everyone favorite salad recipes?

I'm just rejoining MFP again 3 days back. I'm looking for new salad recipes.
I normally do alot of chicken breast type salads. Bbq chicken, chili chipotle chicken to name a few.

If you please don't mind sharing recipes I would really appreciate it ❤️❤️. Anyone wanting a new friend to swap recipes with feel free to friend request me.

Thanks in advance Carol

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I have two:

My first is a BLT salad. I use mixed greens, chopped cherry tomatoes, fried Speck (which is a lean spiced smoked pork) instead of bacon, lemon pepper, and mayo (can cut this with yogurt for fewer calories).

My second is an orange salad. I use mixed greens, thinly sliced onion, sliced orange, sunflower seeds or pepitas, feta, goji, salted dried beef sliced thin (or can use another sliced meat or tuna), lemon pepper, and EVOO.
  • dracarys82
    dracarys82 Posts: 5 Member
    Roasted mushroom, onion and bellpeppers with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and red cabbage. I sprinkle Italian seasoning, add ground seeds (flax, chia, pumpkin) and salt. I sometimes add a mint and cilantro sauce dressing with a dash of olive oil.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I have two:

My first is a BLT salad. I use mixed greens, chopped cherry tomatoes, fried Speck (which is a lean spiced smoked pork) instead of bacon, lemon pepper, and mayo (can cut this with yogurt for fewer calories).

My second is an orange salad. I use mixed greens, thinly sliced onion, sliced orange, sunflower seeds or pepitas, feta, goji, salted dried beef sliced thin (or can use another sliced meat or tuna), lemon pepper, and EVOO.
    I also add chopped green olives.

I just saw that you're trying to cut down on sodium. Then you'll have to substitute low salt meats. Read labels for low salt alternatives.
  • walkie_eggs
    walkie_eggs Posts: 7 Member
    edited November 2021
    I like lentil salad, did a pretty good one last week. Cook some lentils in chicken broth, drain (keep the water for veggie broth if you like), stir in a bit of olive oil or canola (1 tablespoon ish, you can skimp on this if you don't have the calorie or macro budget, it'll still come together), several shakes of rice wine vinegar or lemon juice as you like, and stir in some goat cheese while the lentils are hot. No need to shred or chop the cheese, it all melts and emulsifies to make a nice dressing, pepper and herbs and proteins to taste. Goes really well with a big handful of cold cherry tomatoes for texture contrast.

Very filling, lots of protein and fiber for the day. I usually make enough lentils so that I can prep a cold salad for another meal.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    Spinach
    Romaine lettuce
    Carrots
    Cucumbers
    Slivered almonds
    Sunflower seeds
    Grated cheddar cheese
    Onion slivers
  • Mise_enPlace
    Mise_enPlace Posts: 61 Member
    https://www.cookincanuck.com/thai-chicken-salad-recipe/

I love a salad with a light peanut dressing. This one's my fave.
  • Thank you all for the wonderful recipes an inspiration to try new salads. I'm making a list of things to get.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    A spinach salad with grilled chicken, mandarin oranges, craisins, sunflower seeds, and raspberry vinaigrette dressing is delicious.

I also like grain salads like the lentil one described above. Basically, anything you would put in a pasta salad would also go great with a grain like lentils, barley, buckwheat, quinoa, etc instead of pasta. I like a bit of Italian vinaigrette dressing, along with some quartered cherry tomatoes, sliced black olives, cremini mushrooms, diced bell pepper, crumbled feta, and a little protein of your choice - smoked sausage (turkey or beef/pork) goes great in this, but whatever you want to use is probably fine. Publix sells a quinoa salad that has feta, craisins, spinach, and bell pepper in it (and I think some other stuff too? I don't recall offhand), it's very good as-is but you could really dress it up into a proper meal by putting it on a bed of mixed greens and maybe adding a grilled chicken breast or fish fillet.