NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie I’m glad that your back is doing so much better and yayy for that 2 lb. loss! Glad your dog didn’t get hurt falling in the pool. One of these days, I am going to have to try that PB and ice cream. ;)

@theslightedgeforever I sure hope the doctor can help fix your foot pain. The cardio doesn’t aggravate it? You are totally right that we don’t overeat healthy foods. One of the reasons why I quit counting calories again is because when I’m eating the healthy foods that work for me, I don’t over it and I lose weight. It’s when I go off plan and eat the junk that I gain and no amount of counting helps me when that is happening. :/

@trooworld That is awesome that you are down 4.2 lbs!! I want some of those cookies that don’t make you gain weight! :D

Good morning! I woke up at 5:30 and lay there until 6:00 and finally got up. I needed to read my Bible study for tonight, so I knocked that out and now I’m about to go get ready for staff meeting and to clean both buildings. I’m still trying to get my head back in the weight loss game. I think the biggest struggle is that I am so often out of my normal routine with all that is going on. I’ll get it together! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you. I chose the Digital 360 plan, if that's what you mean. They don't have green, blue, and purple anymore, it's all just Personal Points now, you take an assessment so everything ends up being tailored to your preferences. It's all unique to you. You are doing great, too! :)

@TeresaW1020 LOL! No guarantees there. ;) It's pretty tough to get back in weight-loss mode when you were off it. Can you make small goals to achieve daily to get back to where you were?

Hi all. Despite bringing snacks with me, I ended up having 3 of those darned cookies. They were delicious. I am only slightly disappointed that I had 2 more cookies than planned; I brought over 50 cookies to work, so 2 more out of 50 ain't bad. ;)

I re-took the WW assessment because I wanted to get whole grain pastas as a zero-point food. I ended up getting: beans, peas & lentils; poultry; fish & shellfish; fruits; non-starchy veggies; pasta & noodles (all whole grain like chickpea pasta, whole wheat pasta etc); potatoes & starchy veggies; and non-fat yogurt & cottage cheese...all these will cost me zero points.

I feel great on this new plan. I've eaten more veggies than I ever have and am drinking my water now. I'm delighted that fish and shellfish are now zero for me. And the addition of the pasta will be nice, I will just have to be sure to measure it.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited November 2021
    @teresaw1020 I can be asleep for 7 hours and wake up and have worse foot pain than when I'm just moving around. Or just be sitting in a chair and have shooting pains in my feet. It's not really an injury but more a condition, I think. We'll see more when the xray comes back. She thinks it plantar fasciitis though. So I'm doing the stretching, icing, etc.

@trooworld I had read the WW blog to see the new program details and they had shown the green blue purple but I guess that was showing the kinds of food someone prefers when they do the assessment. https://weightwatchers.com/us/blog/weight-loss/myww

exercise-45 min dancing, weights, stretching
    211/238 Green

Heading to bookclub tonight We read The Other Wes Moore One of them is now running for governor of Maryland.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning all, I am not up to par. I was up half the night coughing. I swear every bone/joint in my body hurts right now. I took a hot shower, hoping that would help....NO. So I have rode my bike yesterday and hopefully today. Wow, I am looking out the window and our mail man is here...HE NEVER gets here before 4 or even later..LOL

I will answer post tomorrow...It's killing my wrist to type, but wanted to check in and not go MIA again...

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, I am not up to par. I was up half the night coughing. I swear every bone/joint in my body hurts right now. I took a hot shower, hoping that would help....NO. So I have rode my bike yesterday and hopefully today. Wow, I am looking out the window and our mail man is here...HE NEVER gets here before 4 or even later..LOL

I will answer post tomorrow...It's killing my wrist to type, but wanted to check in and not go MIA again...

Cbabie

I hope you feel better today!
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I think maybe that they forgot to update that section as there are definitely not Green, Blue, and Purple plans anymore. Some people have asked if it is possible to go back to the Blue plan etc. but they were told by others that it is just one plan now. It's weird, when you click on one of the colors on that page, it takes you to more information about how that plan works but at the top, it says "We have a new program! Learn how PersonalPoints can help you...". Great job with the exercise and the food. I hope you enjoyed the book club meeting. Was it virtual or in-person?

@cbabie Oh dear, I am sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon. Hugs to you, dear cbabie. <3

Hi all. I'm still doing well. I had a good dinner last night, homemade sloppy joes and lots of veggies. My stomach is a little upset because of the increase in veggies but it will get used to it, I'm sure. I have been drinking out of a boring blue insulated tumbler that has a lid on it with a spout. I decided yesterday to buy a nice Terva tumbler, it has Winnie the Pooh on it. Hopefully it will entice me to drink water. ;)

• gemwolf110
    I can’t wait!!!!
    754cxaycx1eu.jpeg
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Wow that is a lot of zero-point foods that you get to have! How do you manage not to overeat the zero-point foods? So much of your foods are so nutritious and that is awesome, but I could eat my weight in pasta so I don’t know how that would work for me. I have a Terva tumbler and love it. You deserve a great tumbler to drink your water out of. :)

@theslightedgeforever Well, I sure hope that you can find some relief for your foot. Do you need special shoes? :/

@cbabie Ohhh no, I pray that you will feel better soon. <3

@gemwolf110 HaHa you are hilarious!! I saw that graphic and my brain was like, WHAT!!! And then I really looked at the picture. :D:D

Hi everyone. Well, DH and I had some bad news yesterday. He went to a lung doctor yesterday because they had seen a spot on his lung when he was in the hospital for the low sodium. The doctor is scheduling him for a PET scan next week and a biopsy after that. I am refusing to worry at this moment. My mom had the same thing four years ago and had to have surgery and she is just fine. My Joe will be just fine too! But I am praying extra hard. :/ Tomorrow we have to go up to the church to set up for the Thanksgiving potluck and then I will come home and cook a huge turkey. I will just heat it up on Sunday. I’m looking forward to our church family being all back together again doing normal stuff, like eating! :grin:
  • gemwolf110
    @trooworld Wow that is a lot of zero-point foods that you get to have! How do you manage not to overeat the zero-point foods? So much of your foods are so nutritious and that is awesome, but I could eat my weight in pasta so I don’t know how that would work for me. I have a Terva tumbler and love it. You deserve a great tumbler to drink your water out of. :)

@theslightedgeforever Well, I sure hope that you can find some relief for your foot. Do you need special shoes? :/

@cbabie Ohhh no, I pray that you will feel better soon. <3

@gemwolf110 HaHa you are hilarious!! I saw that graphic and my brain was like, WHAT!!! And then I really looked at the picture. :D:D

Hi everyone. Well, DH and I had some bad news yesterday. He went to a lung doctor yesterday because they had seen a spot on his lung when he was in the hospital for the low sodium. The doctor is scheduling him for a PET scan next week and a biopsy after that. I am refusing to worry at this moment. My mom had the same thing four years ago and had to have surgery and she is just fine. My Joe will be just fine too! But I am praying extra hard. :/ Tomorrow we have to go up to the church to set up for the Thanksgiving potluck and then I will come home and cook a huge turkey. I will just heat it up on Sunday. I’m looking forward to our church family being all back together again doing normal stuff, like eating! :grin:

I hope his PET scan comes back all clear. Sometimes imaging can be wrong. Will be praying for you and him.
    Haha 😂 yeah that turkey pic was circulating around my friends Facebook profiles so I obviously had to join in on the fun lol.
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 LOL! At first I thought either you or one of your pups was pregnant! This is hilarious! I'm going to share it on FB and see what people say. I bet there will be people that don't pay attention and think I'm pregnant. ;)

@TeresaW1020 Well, that's easy: it's not stuff I tend to overeat so I'm not tempted. :) Now, if chocolate was zero points, I'd have a problem lol! Oh I forgot pasta. I do overeat that. I haven't had it yet but am going to have it this next week. I will just have to MEASURE it for sure. I could also eat my weight in pasta! A friend at a WW meeting gave me a Terva tumbler that I use at work and I've had it for years and loved it's cheeriness. It has a floral pattern and is really pretty. I decided I needed a different one for home. I do deserve a great tumbler! :D That's good that you have already had the experience that your mom went through with the lungs, it shows you that everything can be okay. I am sending all the love and good thoughts your way. Good luck with the potluck and the turkey. <3

Hi all. I had a good dinner last night. @TeresaW1020, it was a low-carb dinner you may want to try: Sriracha-Spiced Shrimp and Broccoli Sheet Pan Meal - https://kalynskitchen.com/sriracha-spiced-shrimp-and-broccoli/ I didn't make it exactly like the recipe, I made the shrimp separately in the air fryer and I added peppers to the broccoli. It was delicious! Tonight, I am making a Salvadorean meal with WW recipes: bean & cheese stuffed pupusas, quick curtido (like a slaw) and rice & red beans. But first, I have to go to get groceries this morning, including my Thanksgiving groceries. I expect that the stores will be crazy so I am leaving at 7:15 a.m. and bringing my headphones lol. Oh, also, I saw my doctor yesterday for a video visit about my headaches. She threw out all of these possibilities and said it might have something to do with menopause but she didn't seem to really know. She is referring me to neurology.

• theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie I'm worried about you. Take care of yourself.

@trooworld That's great that you are getting in lots of veggies. I'm better but not where I want to be. I still haven't found a good water bottle to make me drink more water. LOL Bookclub was in person. First time I've seen them since Jan or Feb 2020. Other than zoom. 6 of us. It was nice. We're all vaccinated. I wouldn't sit with them if they weren't. I'm still not taking chances.

@gemwolf110 Love the pic. I had to keep looking at it. First I thought it was you to be congratulated, then I thought oh maybe this is a doggy ultrasound. lol I kept thinking why does the doggy have his legs wide open like that?

@teresaw1020 Are you back on your eating plan? Special shoes. Then they wouldn't be pretty. lol I don't know. It comes and goes. I'm still trying to do my stretching and PT exercises. It's hard first thing in the morning when I get out of bed. I'm still able to exercise though. Plain walking is bad so I'm doing aerobics which doesn't seem to bother it. Well, prayers for your hubby. My friend has had a spot for years that they just keep watching and it just sits there. So hopefully this will turn out to be nothing.

Went over yesterday. 196/164
    Exercise rest day
  • trooworld
    @cbabie If slightedge is worried about you, I am worried about you. Hugs.

@theslightedgeforever I really like the Tervis tumblers, they are colorful and fun and easy to clean: https://www.tervis.com/ I'm glad you had a good time at book club. I'm also glad you aren't taking chances.

Hello all. Yesterday was pretty busy but I still managed to make dinner. I made 3 WW recipes for Salvadoran food: Gallopinto (Rice & red beans), quick curtido (a sort of cabbage slaw/salad), and bean & cheese stuffed pupusas (kind of like puffy stuffed tortillas). Pic below. It was delicious but a lot of work after a long day. This morning, DH and I are going on a walk. After the walk, we will come home, have mimosas and he will make a Georgian dish (the country not the state) called Adjaruli Khachapuri which is a bread dish that is shaped like a boat and has a well on top that is filled with feta and mozzarella that melts. It's delicious. He's also making some complicated potato dish. I've saved up my points for today and planned a low-point dinner so it should be fine.

rcrn5g0p4qpz.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Your food looks nice and healthy. yaaay on your walk. I make the cheese boats (that's what I call them) I love those. I wonder if I can find the pic I once took. It's been awhile. I like to put black sesame on them. I looked just now and I think they are on my old phone.

182/238 Green
    no exercise
  • neffyworld
    neffyworld Posts: 89 Member
    Hi. I signed up for Weight Watchers 2 or 3 weeks ago. I tracked everyday and found it really discouraging. I was over 200 points some weeks. I have been making myself walk 4500 steps per day, which isn't many for me, but it felt sustainable. It's barely made any dent in the points I recieve. It's hard because theres food like my cappuccinos which would be like 200 calories on myfitnesspal but on weight watchers its 8 points. Whole fat milk is 8 points for a cup, which is crazy, because it's not that high in calories and it's supposed to be good for you. I find the food on WW quite extravegant, I'm poor and can't really afford it. I'm really unsure of what I can actually eat. It's so frustrating. I better get used to it because I've signed up for six months. Why was myfitnesspal so much easier to work with? I signed up for Weight Watchers because I basically have diabetes, and needed something that was focused on health and wellness. I like the program overall, I'm just finding it hard with the way I currently eat. My sister was a leader about 15 years ago and has basically told me to eat as many stirfrys as I can (which is difficult because I hate them!).
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever It was! Here is a picture of my husband's cheese bread dish, which is called Adjaruli Khachapuri. I had a little more than planned but not much.

@neffyworld Hi and welcome! Doing things that are sustainable is key. I hear you about the cost of food. Here is a list of foods that are reasonably priced: https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/cheap-healthy-15-nutritious-foods-about-2-dollars and here's another one: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/29-cheap-healthy-foods and another: https://greatist.com/health/44-healthy-foods-under-1 I'm sorry you are struggling. What kinds of foods do you usually eat? Maybe we can give you some suggestions.

Hi all. Yesterday was a less-healthy day. I did okay and made sure to eat veggies with it. I had this thing below. It's delicious. DH also made some fried potato dish which I had a little of. In the afternoon, I attempted to make dinner rolls for Thanksgiving. I attempt to make them every couple of years and always fail miserably. This year was no exception. I will try again on Wednesday and hopefully have better luck. Me and yeast are not friends.

fvuqxpfwy4jb.jpg
  • neffyworld
    trooworld wrote: »
    What kinds of foods do you usually eat? Maybe we can give you some suggestions.

I usually eat rolled oats with protein powder and tinned fruit, grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato and onion relish, pasta with tinned tomatoes and cheese, pizza, fish and chips, turkish salads with mixed meat and chips, kfc, mcdonalds, hawaiian burgers and whopper burgers from burger king, frozen cokes, coke no sugar, nandos chicken, sushi, avocadoes, banana smoothies, salads, toast with marmite or peanut butter, rice cakes with tuna, salt and vinegar anything, pickles, cucumber & carrot sticks with salsa, guacomole, starbucks caramel frappaccinos or chocolate chip drinks, cheese on toast, stuffed potatoes with cheese bacon and peas, enchiladas, wraps... and other things. I think I need to eat low carb, I eat way too much bread, potatoes and cheese.
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever I’m back on my eating plan somedays and other days not at all. Church potluck for instance was a zero eating on plan and today will be 100% on plan. Trying to do the balance thing as much as possible. 😉 Yeah, when I was having so much foot pain a few years ago and working at the furniture store, I had a terrible time finding cute shoes that wouldn’t make me cry in pain by the end of the day.

@trooworld That cheese bread looks amazing!! I wouldn’t even attempt to make my own dinner rolls so good for you for not giving up! B)

@cabie <3

@neffyworld Welcome! :)

Good morning! Well, the potluck last night was a huge hit. We had close to 100 people, and everyone ate too much and had a great time. I printed out these fun coloring/activity placemats and had crayons on the tables. Young and old had fun with those. I was exhausted by the time I came home and I’m still tired out this morning and of course, the scale is up many pounds! It will come down hopefully by Thursday, so I can do it all over again. :grin: Today, I’m going to Walmart, and then later DH and I are going to buy our new mattress. I’m excited about that!!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @neffyworld Welcome to the group! Change is hard for me. I am a baby-step person. There was a movie with Bill Murray in it called What about Bob? It was funny and there was a thing in there about babysteps. He babystepped his way to success. Any kind of progress is progress. So if you had 200 points over and today you had 190, that's progress. I think the thing that kills us is all or nothing thinking. If I can't do it right, I'm not going to do it at all. Thus the yo-yo dieting. I've been doing that all my life and now I'm just starting to figure some things out about me. I have to eat food I like just less of it. So what kinds of food do you like? I'm pre-diabetic. I'm doing a carb cycling program. I noticed you have started making some good habits. You tracked your food and you began walking. That's great.

@trooworld Are you related to neffy? :D:D The cheese boat looks so good. Now I want to make them again. Maybe on the weekend. If I do, I'll send you a pic. Your food list made me hungry. lol How are your migraines? Are you using your Tonal?

@teresaw1020 Balance is good as long as the overall trend is down. I'm still trying to get back in my routine. I've done pretty well with exercise. Food has been 80/20. Too many invitations from friends that I haven't seen in a while. Bookclub. So I'm working on my own balance. My foot was really getting better and then it started hurting all over again. I think I figured it out. Walking inflames it. I guess extended walking. I was at the clinic this morning doing blood tests and I had to walk over to the Dermatology area to try and make an appt and then back to where my car was parked. Lots of walking. Then it started hurting again. Aerobics, dancing, doesn't seem to bother it. So I will keep doing my stretches and all. I'm still waiting on my x-ray results. I didn't think it would take this long. I keep checking MyChart. Hopefully my glucose will be okay and my A1c with today's bloodwork. The iced tea at my daughters house might have put me over the edge. LOL I'm glad your potluck was a success.

163/150 Yellow
    43 min YouTube video, dancing, stretching
    20 min walk

• gemwolf110
    neffyworld wrote: »
    Hi. I signed up for Weight Watchers 2 or 3 weeks ago. I tracked everyday and found it really discouraging. I was over 200 points some weeks. I have been making myself walk 4500 steps per day, which isn't many for me, but it felt sustainable. It's barely made any dent in the points I recieve. It's hard because theres food like my cappuccinos which would be like 200 calories on myfitnesspal but on weight watchers its 8 points. Whole fat milk is 8 points for a cup, which is crazy, because it's not that high in calories and it's supposed to be good for you. I find the food on WW quite extravegant, I'm poor and can't really afford it. I'm really unsure of what I can actually eat. It's so frustrating. I better get used to it because I've signed up for six months. Why was myfitnesspal so much easier to work with? I signed up for Weight Watchers because I basically have diabetes, and needed something that was focused on health and wellness. I like the program overall, I'm just finding it hard with the way I currently eat. My sister was a leader about 15 years ago and has basically told me to eat as many stirfrys as I can (which is difficult because I hate them!).

Welcome! Last time I was on WW I got frustrated with the points and felt like I couldn’t eat anything. I like their support system but just not the points system.
  • neffyworld
    @trooworld Are you related to neffy? :D:D The cheese boat looks so good. Now I want to make them again. Maybe on the weekend. If I do, I'll send you a pic. Your food list made me hungry. lol How are your migraines? Are you using your Tonal?

I don't think any of my family is on here. My sister tracks her food on the fitbit app. I have a few real life friends but I don't think they use the forums. Probably better that way!