Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Hellllllllllo everyone :* Everything went well in Vegas and I stuck to OMAD but....after I got home I reintroduced carbs and and then worked myself into some stressful situations where I didn't put my goals first. I stopped OMAD and...Result...gained 8 pounds despite still running 6 days a week. It doesn't take much for me to gain weight...I have to be pretty perfect to lose it. So....I'm back to posting in order to keep myself accountable and on track. Will start weighing everyday. Gonna do 1 hour eating window dinner OMAD with one cup of coffee with cream in the morning. Will keep running as long as I can and start reintroducing the gym which I miss. Somehow when I don't post, my goals work themselves further back in my head as far as priorities go.
    This is the best time of the year to have an eating plan....tooooo easy to make Halloween - New Years one great big prolonged holiday.
    I'll catch up on everyone & hoping everyone stayed well :)
  • katjustkat
    First two days went well :) I'm so relieved to have gotten through them. I definitely think posting on here is helping. I had a gyro for dinner and fajitas last night. Both pretty yummy.
    Hope everyone had a great day <3
    6cmbxo767nl0.jpg
    robj3k8ifn8w.jpg
    6zx8eckdkmnb.jpg

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Way to jump back in. The accountability definitely helps. Both of those meals look super yummy
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    I am the same ❤️❤️❤️ It does not take much for me to gain weight but when it comes to losing weight, it's so so hard. Great job in getting back up onto the wagon 👍
  • katjustkat
    Thanxxx T & Jade...ya...my lifelong 'one thing'....It's all good just gotta keep things in check. Jade I always say that if you hold onto weight you actually have a great survivor metabolism...it's just not so great in times of abundant food but we would have been survivors 100's of years ago.
    Today was a successful omad day. Kinda got hungry around 1 but it was manageable with lots of water next to me.
    Got my run in and had chili for dinner (5 pm).
    Great time of the year to keep the diet in check :)
    0vl957av7uoe.jpg
    p68wor90ucmc.jpg
  • jadepearl
    I guess that's true😅 Glad to hear your OMAD went well. For me, not great this week as I am eating lots of carbs to ease my vertigo😣😢 It's going to be November already... time sure pass do fast.
    Take care ❤️
  • katjustkat
    Hi Jade :) So sorry to hear that your vertigo is ongoing. I think I told you that I have meniere's...rotational vertigo. But...it only happens maybe once a year. I can't imagine it being ongoing. Doc have any clue as to what is going on? Wish I could help you out.
    Good OMAD again today & got my run in. Trying to not run as far.
    Hope everyone's OMAD is going welllllll <3
    *Had Vietnamese take out for dinner...it was yummy.
    Weird....I'm posting at the exact same time as last night. :o
    d2tcai6o5cgi.jpg
    l5p5n6e7nu9w.jpg
  • jadepearl
    It's alright as I had vertigo since I was young. I was thought to do the 4 types of exercises but I tend to do mostly the Foster. 😊 I was told that I have to live with it. A do have some years where its once appears once a while but other years, it's constantly. Your dinner looks delicious 😍
  • katjustkat
    Omad was fine today. Being accountable on here is really helping me out. Got my run in and had a tuna sandwich for dinner and baked beans, also a chocolate pudding cup.
    Days are going by quickly and I'm starting to worry about Christmas already :#
    I'll probably get another couple thousand steps in as it's just 6:20 right now. Bonne nuit all.
    e32ww0wh1uaw.jpg
    158v0xpj0zcn.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Good OMAD day. I did my run later...around 9am and that helps get me closer to my dinner OMAD time. Less time to twiddle my thumbs. It's not super hot out anymore so I will aim for the later start time.
    Had chicken parmesan, pasta with red sauce, broccoli, and a pudding cup. Yep...I'm stuffed :)
    Hope everyone has a great weekend! Time is flyingggggg by!
    bwwttlx9ko3d.jpg
    e91ub3zvtv5d.jpg
  • jadepearl
    Are you guys getting into Winter soon? For us here, we are in Spring now and going into Summer in December. Keep up the good work & have a nice weekend!
  • katjustkat
    Yes, I'm in Denver. Has not really been cold yet. Pretty weird. Denver does advertise more sunny days a year than Miami.
    Pretty tired today. I keep waking up before 5am and really only getting about 5 hours sleep. Did my run and kept going till I hit 7 miles. Dinner was leftover chicken cutlet in a baguette and a kale salad. Had 1/2 a Panera brownie.
    Will post my weigh in tomorrow. Bonne nuit everyone yawnnnnnnnnnnnn :o

zv9q5am41ezk.jpg
    rcmbz4thtncq.jpg
  • katjustkat
    I'm still here! Just been busy. I got a 7 mile run in today but haven't had dinner yet. I got into some halloween candy for two days and that threw me off and had me craving more sugar. Haven't had any in 5 days now phewwww. Having Armenian kiftas for dinner; bulgar wheat, tomato paste, olive oil, diced onion, yellow/green peppers, parsley, salt, pepper, all spice. All cold and formed into large balls. Probably my favorite thing to eat and it happens to be vegan. I'll take a pic later. Hope everyone is grrrrrreat!
  • katjustkat
    Still here but haven't been keeping up on posting or reading. Omading but having a bite (like a tomato) once during the day. So very busy, I can't tell you how fast the time is flying by for me. Hopefully after the holidays life will slow down. Hope everyone is making positive strides. <3
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    One tomato per day?? Now that's strict OMAD!
  • katjustkat
    Ok I'm bacccck. I just posted a long post and then hit edit and poof the whole thing was gone...So I'm just gonna say I'm rejoining everyone here and will try to put up a pic of my dinner and exercise every day. Had spaghetti and meat sauce (couldn't finish it all), asparagus ( a few of the spears in the pic) and I'm totally stuffed. That's great because my appetite has been continuously all day long lately. Not gonna weigh for a while because it messes with my head. Will have 2mad every other Saturday because my husband likes breakfast out. My omad will be at 5 pm.
    Gonna try to catch up on some reading to see how everyone is. I'm super glad to be back...I tried a few times and didn't make it to the 5pm eating window. :s
    poa9bsd0898z.jpeg
    gj2q1el8o9f7.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Today went well. Did a shorter run because I had a dentist appointment. Ate chick fil A on the way home so no pic. Hope everyone had a great, easy day! Hasta manana :)
    gx2if3shgz0d.jpg
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Excellent activity stats!
  • katjustkat
    Thank you Nevadaden :) I really enjoy my jogging time. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do it for a few days...we're getting a bunch of snow today and I'm always afraid to slip... so I stay home.
    I had a good omad day. Had errands to run before the snow so that took a few hours of food thoughts away. I'm so happy that I'm adjusting pretty easily this time around.
    I had a tuna sandwich and home made potato leek soup and topped it all off with an ice cream drumstick :p Hope everyone had a fantastic day!
    h20y95blkhfn.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Had a good omad day. Stayed in except for shoveling snow off the driveway, sidewalk and street gutters. That was an hour and a half of heavy work but I wanted to get some exercise in.
    Ate omad at 5 and was anticipating getting to eat. Much easier for me when I spend time away from the house.
    Made some enchiladas, black beans and kale salad...had 3 samoa girl scout cookies...what's the deal? They didn't have anywhere near the amount of caramel they used to have....I won't be craving those anymore! :/
    Hope everyone had a great day...see you tomorrow ;)
    8owy6wfejgos.jpg