What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    My mom's recipe for contact fried fish with ginger and spring onions with westernized som tam using julienned granny smith and spiralized carrots instead of green papaya. Sticky rice.
    sxwgoygyidb3.jpg

• acpgee
    Roast pork shoulder with apples and onion was not an unqualified success. The recipe I used instructed me to put the apples and onions in when the pork had two hours to go which was way too long. That stuff was burnt to a cinder. Roast potatoes were put in for the last 20 minutes of the cook, and carrots were microwaved and glazed on the stove top.ryfn98jjjyix.jpeg

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    @acpgee ... what was the recipe creator thinking? I can make applesauce in about 20 minutes stove top using apples cut into eights. I'm pretty sure 30 minutes in the oven would be more than enough. Otherwise that looks like a great idea for a winter meal.
  • acpgee
    @acpgee ... what was the recipe creator thinking? I can make applesauce in about 20 minutes stove top using apples cut into eights. I'm pretty sure 30 minutes in the oven would be more than enough. Otherwise that looks like a great idea for a winter meal.

Next time I will add onions and apples 30 minutes before finishing. I will also reduce temperature to 120 in the air fryer. I did cut down total roasting time to 1.5 hours at 160C but the pork was still dry in parts.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/roast-pork-apples
  • acpgee
    Minced bulgogi bowl is a go to weeknight dinner at our place as you can make it and a vegetable side in the time it takes to cook rice. Accidentally pulled out pork mince instead of beef out of the freezer last night. Som tam on the side with hard to find green papaya substituted with a combination of julienned granny smith and spiralized carrot. Baldo rice was not quite sticky enough to eat easily with chopsticks.
    elvvjqjzkoem.jpg

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,530 Member
    Lunch at Panera Bread... Autumn Squash soup and a Peppermint Crunch latte...

q3onka45kf8s.jpg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    @tams_89 Those kabobs look delicious.
  • soulo_ridah
    soulo_ridah Posts: 50 Member
    So i threw some octopus on top some parsley.

bf7f0b9dnj7z.jpg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Cauliflower, Leek & Red Pepper Cheese. Cheese Sauce made using just 8g oats (blitzed into flour) and Almond Milk. New idea to me but very good! With Asparagus & Salad.

syly2xbfiv84.jpeg