You get to make the stuffing

The MOST important side, imho. I am nervous to mess it up, I got 2 different back up plans! LOL. What's your favorite side? Anyone else get the jitters with the stuffing?

Replies

• MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    I just follow the instructions on the box of Stove Top. :D
  • I made two sorts and baked them in muffin cups for portion control. Traditional bread stuffing with sage and a cornbread stuffing with cranberries and onion and herbs. I rehydrate dried cranberries for this.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    The last few years, I have been making my Grandma's stuffing recipe to bring to the family celebration. I was nervous the first time I made it, because everyone remembers what it tasted like when Grandma made it. But, it's actually a really easy recipe, so no more jitters.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    I make a fruit stuffing: raisin bread, fresh cranberries, broth, a little butter, salt, and sugar. It's delicious!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    My wife makes the stuffing: cornbread, sauted peppers, onions and celery, diced turkey/turkey broth and spices.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 841 Member
    I do a vegan cornbread stuffing with mushrooms, celery+onion, corn, spices and a brown gravy. It's one I've been doing for a few years now and it pretty tasty so I don't worry too much about it. It probably also helps that I make stuffing a LOT during the winter months though, since my dad and I love it so much :) Same with sweet potato casserole (though Thanksgiving is the only time I add vegan marshmallows to it lol)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    I've made stuffing in the past but no longer. It tastes great but it just fills you up and prevents you from eating more of the "good stuff" (ie., the turkey).

The only "sides" that I prepare now are mashed cauliflower and pan (or over) roasted brussel sprouts plus turkey gravy prepared from the drippings.

I also use canned jelly cranberry sauce as a condiment. People either love or hate the stuff. I love it.

I've made it from "scratch" many times before and it's a waste of time for me because it just doesn't taste as good as jellied cranberry sauce to me.

Add some pumpkin or apple pie w/or w/o ice cream and that's a wrap for TG lunch or dinner at my house.
  • alexandramosenson
    alexandramosenson Posts: 50 Member
    It ended up well :) I made it stovetop, oven, and crockpot. There was no way I could lose!
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 206 Member
    I'm loving wild rice as my main stuffing agent at the moment.