Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Maintaining healthy lifestyle through stable financial inflow

From my personal experiences with lot of friends I have met, one of the strongest challenges of keeping healthy and practicing proper hygiene in terms of meals is lack of money or insufficient money to run the upkeeps as most of the meals might be expensive,paying for gym instructions and workout equipments, so I suggest we open a forum where finances are discussed and members can share on how to make profits and money and tips on saving, it's what I do and I will love to carry people along
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    Best way to have more money available............................get rid of your loans as much as possible. I'm pretty much debt free and make well under 6 figures, but always have money available to do what I want to do. I started off by paying off my smallest debt, then continued to pay all off. I finally got debt free about 15 years ago and haven't exceeded since. The freedom and stress free life you lead from this is so great.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I'm fine with a thread on saving money, but I don't understand how "expensive" meals are going to hold you back. Cook. Shop. Peruse the ads and buy food on sale. Eat out as little as possible.

As for gym and equipment expense, walking is free, as is running. There are ways to exercise without spending--buy a used bike and go! People tend to be intimidated by the cost of "fitness". Just budget what's important to you. Most people I know here do that, even if they have funds to spend. Good luck with your thread and your fitness goals.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    I'm pretty hardcore involved with some online personal finance communities, but I also don't understand the concept that health and fitness have to be expensive.

It *can* be expensive, but any level of health can be expensive.

For me, as a frugal minimalist, my food is very healthy and extremely cheap, and exercise is free. My health and fitness are probably the most frugal parts of my life.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Beans, rice, onions, carrots, apples, chicken, tuna: Nutritious, and cheap-ish where I am. (Closer to the equator, maybe those are not the cheap fruit/veg - but there's something.)

I have to admit, your posts are raising alarms for me. Are you seeking clients? Catphishing? Something similar?

Maybe not - I hope not! - but it's coming across that way, to those of us with a little internet history, I think. If you're a sincere participant in the Community, pure motives . . . give a thought to what impression you may be creating. I mean that in the kindest possible way.
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,117 MFP Staff
    You're welcome to create a thread in the main forums discussing tips on maintaining a healthy lifestyle within a budget- That sounds great!

That being said, there's no possibility that we're going to open an entire "Finance" category as that is not within the scope of our forum.