Getting fit at 50 and beyond...200+ pound club

Replies

• HRHJoDee
    HRHJoDee Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2021
    I started at 240 pounds on August 28th, 2021.
    I weighed 194.4 on November 22, 2021.
    45.6 pounds lost - another 45 pounds that I want to lose by May 2022. I am halfway there:)

I am 5'8" tall and 63 years old.
    What worked for me is the following:

16:8 intermittent fasting every day (I chose 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.)

Eating as many vegetables I wanted (I put it in a blender and made gazpacho soup), diced fresh fruit and fresh berries, and 2 ounces of nuts or 2 tablespoons of skippy creamy peanut butter a day.
    For traditional protein sources I also had 4 oz. of filet mignon every other week with a demi glace sauce; 4 oz. of chicken breast once a week and 4 oz. of smoked salmon once a week.

I logged everything I ate on MFP, as well as how long a time I had walked that day.

NO sugar or artificial sugars, no oils of any kind, dairy, processed meats, or white flour/pasta/bread/rice/potatoes.

I gave away virtually everything in my refrigerator or pantry that would tempt me on a typical day. Salad dressing, Milk, butter, cheese, salami, candy, chocolate, frozen quiche, mac & cheese, ice cream, etc.

I only drank water or hot tea without any sugar or honey.

I walked 30 minutes - 60 minutes, six days a week.

I only weighed myself once a week (I chose Sunday mornings).

I avoided going to other peoples' homes for a meal; It would have been impossible to eat clean.

What didn't work for me is when the cravings would start overwhelming me, or I would have a horribly stressed out day. I cheated a few times over the 12 weeks.
    Once with a hamburger with bun, BBQ sauce & fries.
    Once with a lunch of chinese food and white rice.
    Twice with a caesar salad with heavy dressing and croutons.
    Once with a bowl of pasta carbonara.

I beat myself up pretty good afterwards. And then got right back on track.
    I kept my mind focused on the end goal. Improving all of my blood test numbers (blood sugar, heart, cholesterol, etc.; and getting the scale down.
    I did a 3 day 'water only with electrolytes' fast after I cheated. Stayed home and stayed out of the kitchen except for a teaspoon of pepperoncini juice for flavor on the third day. Shocking how good that tasted when you've only had water for 60 hours!!

I didn't even think about my clothes being too big - and I have gone from a 5x bathrobe that was tight to a 2x bathrobe today; and from wearing 3XXX sweatshirts and XL men's basketball sweat pants - to wearing XL sweatshirts and L men's basketball sweat pants.
    Not sure why the clothes haven't gotten even smaller, but I really don't care. The numbers on the scale say it all to me.

Some people have noticed the difference and started making comments:):)
  • HRHJoDee
    HRHJoDee Posts: 20 Member
    p.s. this isn't the first time I have been heavy and lost weight (and then gained it all back again through overeating). I have been overeating for the last 15 years, but 240 was the heaviest I have ever been. I weighed 130 pounds when I was in my 20's, 30's and almost all of my 40's.
    I would go gangbusters, lose a bunch of weight - and then get discouraged about something, or stressed, and eat and eat and eat, stop writing down my meals on MFP and just give up.

I didn't realize that I am an emotional eater - but I am.

I also wasn't worried about blood sugar or cholesterol or my heart. Now at 63, I REFUSE to have anything but good numbers, naturally. No prescription meds with side effects, and no insulin shots.
    I believe our bodies can heal ourselves naturally if we give them the chance to over time.
    I ma living proof with my HbA1c starting at 6.9 on Aug 28th and going down to 5.5 on November 8th.

Keep the faith, everyone! Taking care of your health is being good to yourself. You deserve that loving!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,733 Member
    🍁🍂November Challenge🍂🍁

Highest Weight: 234
    November starting weight: 212.4
    Current Weight: 209
    November Weight lost so far: 3.4 pounds

🍁November 1….212.4… this is my jumping off point… October was pretty much a wash…. But I’m happy to have maintained. Here we go!

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7,849 steps taken
    🔸ATE UNDER CALORIES…. Without starving myself.

🍁November 2…211.1…getting back my groove! 💛🧡❤️ Feeling fabulous!

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9,460 steps… walked Roxie an 10 minute Up to the Beat uTube warm up video
    🔸ATE UNDER CALORIES… 2 day streak

🍁November 3… 209.5…am I still sleeping? Is this a dream? 😴 😁

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,030 steps
    🔸Ate under calories… 3day streak! Still not starving…. Just more water and less night time snacking.

🍁November 4… 208.4…everything is working in sync… let’s keep it going! 🙂🙃🙂

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8,275 steps
    🔸Ate under calories… 4 day streak!

🍁November 5…208.2… really enjoying this roll I’m on. Happy Friday 🥰

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9725
    🔸Ate under calories… 5 day streak

🍁November 6…208….😁😁😁

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,300 steps…Walked Central Michigan University with my daughter… She had a scholarship competition and a campus tour.
    🔸Ate OVER calories…. But I am so proud of my 5 day streak!

🍁November 7…208…whew! Glad for maintaining. This may readjust tomorrow, but I’m ready for it. Happy Sunday!

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸5,793 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🍁November 8…209.2… there is the correction from the weekend. Still happy it’s below 210. Back at it today! Happy Monday!

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6675 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🍁November 9… 209…😁 moving back in the right direction. Only 5 more pounds from my 30 pound challenge!

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸12,034 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🍁November 10…207.9…🥰 back on eating under calories and increasing step count. Feeling great!

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8413 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🍁November 11…210…😕There is the correction from yesterday’s Popeye’s lunch. I would have been fine if I ate salad for dinner, but I did not. Ah well, it’s been logged and it’s time to move forward. No guilt monster… just healthier choices today.

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8398 steps from walking the dog, vacuuming, and putting away deck furniture for the winter.
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🍁November 12…207.8…😁 kind of shocked to see it go down so far…
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7788 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🍁November 13…208.8
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8180 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🍁November 14…209.5…OK no more😟
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7168 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🍁November 15…209.2..time to get back into rhythm. Time to move down and not up. Happy Monday!
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t drink enough water
    🔸7376 Steps
    🔸Over ate snacks! I let my snack 👹 run wild yesterday. Butter pretzels are not my friend. I ate the entire bag of 1,120 calories… and it wasn’t even a big bag…. Ah well, water under the bridge.

🍁November 16…210.2…yep… there it is. Not surprising. I woke up so thirsty this morning, so I’ve had 32 ounces of water so far! Today is about hydration…let’s see what happens. 💦
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,524 steps
    🔸ATE UNDER CALORIES- 1 day streak started

🍁November 17…209.2…back at it! It’s amazing what proper hydration, a kick start to my morning routine with a dance walking video , and eating under calories can do. Feeling fabulous and back in control. Today I’ll dance clean the house then pick up groceries. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7516 steps
    🔸Ate over calories by 100. Sa constant work in progress. 🙂

🍁November 18… 207.9…getting it together!
    Progress with imperfection. 🥰
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10053 steps… another campus tour with my daughter… glad I had my winter coat on!
    🔸Ate over calories.. 😟.. gonna pay for it tomorrow.

🍁November 19…207.1… kind of shocked after eating pizza, garlic knots, and brownies for dinner… not gonna lie. Skipped lunch but overindulged dinner.

I did my usual step on the scale 4 times and divide by 4… just to make sure.
    Today I will make up for it with salad for lunch. 🥗.
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7960 steps
    🔸Overate hummus and pita crackers for dinner. 😟 Did not feel good afterwards. Logged and acknowledged it, and today begins a new day.

🍁November 20…207.9…Got my booster shot yesterday and was not feeling well last night at all… especially after over eating hummus and crackers… 🤢
    🔸Logged and Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water… drank TONS of water today
    🔸4401 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🍁November 21…208.5…Feeling much better, but achy and a bit foggy 😶‍🌫️
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6925 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🍁November 22…209…Feeling more like myself
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8615 steps
    🔸Ate at calories

🍁November 23…209…Last day of work before Thanksgiving! Can’t wait to have my son home from college.

November 24

November 25

November 26

November 27

November 28

November 29

November 30
  • jm216
    HRHJoDee wrote: »
    p.s. this isn't the first time I have been heavy and lost weight (and then gained it all back again through overeating). I have been overeating for the last 15 years, but 240 was the heaviest I have ever been. I weighed 130 pounds when I was in my 20's, 30's and almost all of my 40's.
    I would go gangbusters, lose a bunch of weight - and then get discouraged about something, or stressed, and eat and eat and eat, stop writing down my meals on MFP and just give up.

I didn't realize that I am an emotional eater - but I am.

I also wasn't worried about blood sugar or cholesterol or my heart. Now at 63, I REFUSE to have anything but good numbers, naturally. No prescription meds with side effects, and no insulin shots.
    I believe our bodies can heal ourselves naturally if we give them the chance to over time.
    I ma living proof with my HbA1c starting at 6.9 on Aug 28th and going down to 5.5 on November 8th.

Keep the faith, everyone! Taking care of your health is being good to yourself. You deserve that loving!

What an amazing journey and transformation! 🥰
  • jm216
    🍁🍂November Challenge🍂🍁

Current Weight: 209.3
    November Weight lost so far: 3.1 pounds

🍁November 1….212.4… this is my jumping off point… October was pretty much a wash…. But I’m happy to have maintained. Here we go!

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7,849 steps taken

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,030 steps
    🔸Ate under calories… 3day streak! Still not starving…. Just more water and less night time snacking.

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8,275 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9725

🍁November 6…208….😁😁😁

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,300 steps…Walked Central Michigan University with my daughter… She had a scholarship competition and a campus tour.

🍁November 7…208…whew! Glad for maintaining. This may readjust tomorrow, but I’m ready for it. Happy Sunday!

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸5,793 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🍁November 8…209.2… there is the correction from the weekend. Still happy it’s below 210. Back at it today! Happy Monday!

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6675 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🍁November 9… 209…😁 moving back in the right direction. Only 5 more pounds from my 30 pound challenge!

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸12,034 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🍁November 10…207.9…🥰 back on eating under calories and increasing step count. Feeling great!

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8413 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🍁November 11…210…😕There is the correction from yesterday’s Popeye’s lunch. I would have been fine if I ate salad for dinner, but I did not. Ah well, it’s been logged and it’s time to move forward. No guilt monster… just healthier choices today.

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8398 steps from walking the dog, vacuuming, and putting away deck furniture for the winter.
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7788 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🍁November 13…208.8
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8180 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7168 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🍁November 15…209.2..time to get back into rhythm. Time to move down and not up. Happy Monday!
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸7376 Steps
    🔸Over ate snacks! I let my snack 👹 run wild yesterday. Butter pretzels are not my friend. I ate the entire bag of 1,120 calories… and it wasn’t even a big bag…. Ah well, water under the bridge.

🍁November 16…210.2…yep… there it is. Not surprising. I woke up so thirsty this morning, so I’ve had 32 ounces of water so far! Today is about hydration…let’s see what happens. 💦
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,524 steps

🍁November 17…209.2…back at it! It’s amazing what proper hydration, a kick start to my morning routine with a dance walking video , and eating under calories can do. Feeling fabulous and back in control. Today I’ll dance clean the house then pick up groceries. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7516 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10053 steps… another campus tour with my daughter… glad I had my winter coat on!

🍁November 19…207.1… kind of shocked after eating pizza, garlic knots, and brownies for dinner… not gonna lie. Skipped lunch but overindulged dinner.

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7960 steps
    🔸Overate hummus and pita crackers for dinner. 😟 Did not feel good afterwards. Logged and acknowledged it, and today begins a new day.

🍁November 20…207.9…Got my booster shot yesterday and was not feeling well last night at all… especially after over eating hummus and crackers… 🤢
    🔸Logged and Weighed in
    🔸4401 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6925 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8615 steps
    🔸Ate at calories

🍁November 23…209…Last day of work before Thanksgiving! Can’t wait to have my son home from college.
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9,374 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🍁November 24…209.3…Gotta stop the slow creep… after Thanksgiving. 😉

November 25

November 26

November 27

November 28

November 29

November 30
  • jm216
    🍁🍂November Challenge🍂🍁

Current Weight: 207.2
    November Weight lost so far: 5.2 pounds

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7,849 steps taken

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,030 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8,275 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9725

🍁November 6…208….😁😁😁

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸5,793 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6675 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸12,034 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8413 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7788 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🍁November 13…208.8
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8180 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7168 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸7376 Steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,524 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7516 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7960 steps

🔸Logged and Weighed in
    🔸4401 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6925 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8615 steps
    🔸Ate at calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9,374 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸11,151 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🍁November 25… 207.2… weighed in later than usual… and skipped the popcorn and soda at the movies last night… pleasantly surprised.

November 26

November 27

November 28

November 29

November 30
  • jm216
    🍁🍂November Challenge🍂🍁

Current Weight: 206.1
    November Weight lost so far: 6.3 pounds

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7,849 steps taken

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,030 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8,275 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9725

🍁November 6…208….😁😁😁

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸5,793 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6675 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸12,034 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8413 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7788 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🍁November 13…208.8
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8180 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7168 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸7376 Steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,524 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7516 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7960 steps

🔸Logged and Weighed in
    🔸4401 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6925 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8615 steps
    🔸Ate at calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9,374 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸11,151 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🍁November 25… 207.2… weighed in later than usual… and skipped the popcorn and soda at the movies last night… pleasantly surprised.
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water—- should have drank more
    🔸5918 steps… with lots of standing in the kitchen.
    🔸Ate over calories

🍁November 26…206.1…Totally 😮! I did overeat yesterday… mostly on cheese and cracker snacks… but I didn’t go completely overboard. Tomorrow may be the correction from yesterday, but I’ll take it!

November 27

November 28

November 29

November 30
  • jm216
    🍁🍂November Challenge🍂🍁

Current Weight: 209.2
    November Weight lost so far: 3.2 pounds

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7,849 steps taken

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,030 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8,275 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9725

🍁November 6…208….😁😁😁

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸5,793 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6675 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸12,034 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8413 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7788 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🍁November 13…208.8
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8180 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7168 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸7376 Steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,524 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7516 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7960 steps

🔸Logged and Weighed in
    🔸4401 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6925 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8615 steps
    🔸Ate at calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9,374 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸11,151 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸5,918 steps... Mostly of standing and cooking
    🔸Ate over calories

🍁November 26…206.1 kind of shocked… may be a correction tomorrow. So tired from Thanksgiving. 🥰
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8,348 steps from decorating the house for Christmas...
    🔸Ate over calories

🍁November 27...208...The creep has crept back..I could see it coming.
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8,025 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🍁November 28..209.2...And there it is. The leftovers stop today... no more.

November 29

November 30
  • jm216
    🍁🍂November Challenge🍂🍁

Current Weight: 209
    November Weight lost so far: 3.4 pounds

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7,849 steps taken

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,030 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8,275 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9725

🍁November 6…208….😁😁😁

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸5,793 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6675 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸12,034 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8413 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7788 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🍁November 13…208.8
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8180 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7168 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸7376 Steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,524 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7516 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7960 steps

🔸Logged and Weighed in
    🔸4401 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6925 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8615 steps
    🔸Ate at calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9,374 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸11,151 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸Ate over calories

🍁November 26…206.1 kind of shocked… may be a correction tomorrow. So tired from Thanksgiving. 🥰
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8,025 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸5,034 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🍁November 29… 209… progress! The leftovers are gone, and I’m picking up my Kroger Clicklist tonight on the way home from work. Veggie taco soup is planned for tomorrow’s dinner. 🍲

November 30
  • dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 123 Member
    I turn 51 on Christmas and I am currently at 206.8. Today is day 1 and my goal is to lose 30lbs. I'm inspired to make this happen!
  • jm216
    dblirondog wrote: »
    I turn 51 on Christmas and I am currently at 206.8. Today is day 1 and my goal is to lose 30lbs. I'm inspired to make this happen!

Welcome! This is a fun place to lose the weigh. Post as often as you’d like. 😁
  • jm216
    🍁🍂November Challenge🍂🍁

Current Weight: 207.6
    November Weight lost so far: 4.8 pounds

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7,849 steps taken

🔸Logged & Weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,030 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8,275 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9725

🍁November 6…208….😁😁😁

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸5,793 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6675 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸12,034 steps
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8413 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸Ate UNDER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7788 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🍁November 13…208.8
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸8180 steps
    🔸Ate Over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Didn’t track water
    🔸7168 steps
    🔸Ate OVER calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸7376 Steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸10,524 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7516 steps

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7960 steps

🔸Logged and Weighed in
    🔸4401 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸6925 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8615 steps
    🔸Ate at calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸9,374 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸11,151 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸8,025 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸5,034 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🍁November 29… 209… progress! The leftovers are gone, and I’m picking up my Kroger Clicklist tonight on the way home from work. Veggie taco soup is planned for tomorrow’s dinner. 🍲
    🔸Logged and weighed in
    🔸Tracked water
    🔸7691 steps
    🔸Ate over calories

🍁November 30…207.8… kind of shocked… not gonna lie. There was a Lindor chocolate balls episode last night…but I’ll take the loss.

Total November weight lost: 4.8 pounds 😮
  • aqua14lisa
    aqua14lisa Posts: 35 Member
    Started Jan 3 2021 at 236, 65 yo female, 5'8".
    November 1, 193.2 up 0.3 from October 1.
    DH had hip replacement late November, ate 3 days of fast food near hospital, stayed within calories, somehow. Not much food compared to what I eat at home so made it count. Over a week without using the rowing machine, some walking, not the usual 2km-4km daily though.
    Today 185.8, back to my volume salads, higher protein meals, lots of liquids, used rowing machine yesterday and walking more in house tending to my patient who is doing really well.
    Looks like 52 pounds in 52 weeks will happen. No firm 'end' goal in mind, its an on-going process.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Hi there. Ok, I've left myself down. I started out here about 10 years ago and I lost almost 50 pounds, just tracked my food, reduced calories and started running. Found the weight came off rather easily. However, life changed, divorce, 2 moves (one cross country back home to WI), retirement from my job and now I'm a full time student & working part time, and I'm only 3 pounds back from my starting weight! I can say "oh, stress, oh, hormones, oh arthritis, oh this, oh that", but I'm the one shoveling the ssssss-"shaving cream" into my mouth. I'm responsible for eating bad things and regaining the weight. I need to snap outta it!

I do have plans to get back into a healthier life style, but nothing too organized right at the moment, as I will be going to Florida in a few weeks for a week to visit family, and have plans to eat, drink and be merry! (Mum is a fabulous cook!)

With that being said.... Tomorrow is Dec 1st.
    I'll make a mini goal for Dec 1 - 10: Take 5 walks, track all of my food, & stay as close to or as under as I can for calories.
    And for stats: My name is Helen, I will be 53 on Dec 15 (yikes!), I'm 5' 4 1/2" and I weighed in Monday morning at 224.8.
  • jm216
    aqua14lisa wrote: »
    Started Jan 3 2021 at 236, 65 yo female, 5'8".
    November 1, 193.2 up 0.3 from October 1.
    DH had hip replacement late November, ate 3 days of fast food near hospital, stayed within calories, somehow. Not much food compared to what I eat at home so made it count. Over a week without using the rowing machine, some walking, not the usual 2km-4km daily though.
    Today 185.8, back to my volume salads, higher protein meals, lots of liquids, used rowing machine yesterday and walking more in house tending to my patient who is doing really well.
    Looks like 52 pounds in 52 weeks will happen. No firm 'end' goal in mind, its an on-going process.

You are doing so well! 🥰
  • jm216
    Hi there. Ok, I've left myself down. I started out here about 10 years ago and I lost almost 50 pounds, just tracked my food, reduced calories and started running. Found the weight came off rather easily. However, life changed, divorce, 2 moves (one cross country back home to WI), retirement from my job and now I'm a full time student & working part time, and I'm only 3 pounds back from my starting weight! I can say "oh, stress, oh, hormones, oh arthritis, oh this, oh that", but I'm the one shoveling the ssssss-"shaving cream" into my mouth. I'm responsible for eating bad things and regaining the weight. I need to snap outta it!

I do have plans to get back into a healthier life style, but nothing too organized right at the moment, as I will be going to Florida in a few weeks for a week to visit family, and have plans to eat, drink and be merry! (Mum is a fabulous cook!)

With that being said.... Tomorrow is Dec 1st.
    I'll make a mini goal for Dec 1 - 10: Take 5 walks, track all of my food, & stay as close to or as under as I can for calories.
    And for stats: My name is Helen, I will be 53 on Dec 15 (yikes!), I'm 5' 4 1/2" and I weighed in Monday morning at 224.8.

We are here for you Helen! 🥰
  • jm216
    🌲December Challenge🌲

Highest weight: 234
    Current weight: 208

September weight lost: 6 pounds
    October weight lost: .2 pound gain
    November weight lost: 5 pounds

December weight lost so far: Stay Tuned!

December 1—208 pounds
    December 2
    December 3
    December 4
    December 5
    December 6
    December 7
    December 8
    December 9
    December 10
    December 11
    December 12
    December 13
    December 14
    December 15
    December 16
    December 17
    December 18
    December 19
    December 20
    December 21
    December 22
    December 23
    December 24
    December 25
    December 26
    December 27
    December 28
    December 29
    December 30
    December 31
  • jm216
    🌲December Challenge🌲

Highest weight: 234
    Current weight: 206.3

September weight lost: 6 pounds
    October weight lost: .2 pound gain
    November weight lost: 5 pounds

December weight lost so far: 1.7 pounds

December 1—208 pounds…Here we go!
    🌲Logged
    🌲Weighed in
    🌲14,495 steps
    🌲Ate over calories

December 2—206.3 pounds…My daughter and I did another college campus tour yesterday, so we walked EVERYWHERE! 🥰
    Talk about a calorie burner!

December 3
    December 4
    December 5
    December 6
    December 7
    December 8
    December 9
    December 10
    December 11
    December 12
    December 13
    December 14
    December 15
    December 16
    December 17
    December 18
    December 19
    December 20
    December 21
    December 22
    December 23
    December 24
    December 25
    December 26
    December 27
    December 28
    December 29
    December 30
    December 31
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited December 2021
    Of course, the evening of Nov 30, one of my headaches started. I suffer from clinical migraines, and, unfortunately, even with all my medication, they last for several days. Even today, I'm struggling with tiredness and head pain, but I had to come to class this morning and I'm sticking it out at my work. (knees also acting up..hmmm, is there a front somewhere planning to come through? Snow maybe?)

Was not able to go on my walk yesterday like I planned, but I DID manage to log my poor food choices, and I was still 393 cals under. Didn't wear my Garmin watch as I figured it wasn't worth it, let it charge. Logging today, trying to keep with my goal!
  • jm216
    Of course, the evening of Nov 30, one of my headaches started. I suffer from clinical migraines, and, unfortunately, even with all my medication, they last for several days. Even today, I'm struggling with tiredness and head pain, but I had to come to class this morning and I'm sticking it out at my work. (knees also acting up..hmmm, is there a front somewhere planning to come through? Snow maybe?)

Was not able to go on my walk yesterday like I planned, but I DID manage to log my poor food choices, and I was still 393 cals under. Didn't wear my Garmin watch as I figured it wasn't worth it, let it charge. Logging today, trying to keep with my goal!

So sorry about you painful migraine! I hope sleeping helped. 🤗