NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @neffyworld theslightedge gave you some good advice and I agree with her about baby steps I also have some thoughts. I can see why you are struggling with the new plan. That food sounds delicious but it would be hard to fit a lot of those foods into the plan on an everyday basis. My advice to you is that if you want to stay on WW, I would pump up the veggies and fruits (if you are eating tinned fruit, make sure the fruit is in its own juices only, no added sugar). Also add in more lean protein sources like 99% fat-free ground turkey and ground chicken, boneless skinless chicken breasts, fish (not fried, just pan-seared with a little cooking spray or oven-roasted), and eggs. Do you eat fat-free cheeses or something else? If you want to eat cheese, there is nothing wrong with that in small quantities. Choose lower-fat cheese or no-fat cheese and something stronger, like extra-sharp cheddar so you don't have to use so much of it. If you focus on fresh veggies and fruits and lean proteins, you can work the not-so-healthy stuff that is high in points into your plan on an occasional basis. I still eat some of that stuff but I do it on a once-a-week basis. I like that I don't know anyone on this site in real life. It gives me a certain amount of anonymity.

@TeresaW1020 That cheese bread was everything, girl! Yeah, I'm going to try again probably tomorrow. I'm glad your potluck was a success! It sounds like a lot of fun. Oh, that's good you are getting a new mattress.

@theslightedgeforever Well, we both like cheese! That cheese boat was delicious. Yes, if you make your cheese boats, please send a pic. My migraines...I am getting about one a week. I can't use the Tonal because I get an almost instant migraine. I received a message from neurology yesterday wanting to schedule my appointment about them, so I will hopefully get some help and be able to use the Tonal again.

Hi all. I started feeling sick at work yesterday so I came home early. I am fatigued and my throat is sore but no fever. I might get a COVID test since Thanksgiving is this week if I can get in. I don't think I have it but I want my loved ones to feel comfortable being around me. I was supposed to have jury duty today but I am going to call and reschedule it for when I am not feeling sick. Last night was my DH's turn to make dinner. He didn't feel like it and wanted to order food delivery. I said that's fine but I want to order something that fits into my WW plan. We chose Panda Express. I was able to get super greens mix, string bean chicken breast, and mushroom chicken and fit it into my plan. I really wanted orange chicken but that would be 18 points which is way too much: I only get 18 pts for the day! I weigh in tomorrow and I am concerned about what the sodium is going to do to my weigh-in. I will have to drink a lot of water today to make up for it.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @gemwolf110 It's important we like our plan. Helps us to continue. I'm learning to change my habits. Some are so deeply ingrained it's taking longer. But I will conquer them if I just keep trying.

@neffyworld I was making a joke because you and troo both have world at the end of your username. I guess not a very good joke. :D By the way, my sister is in this group. @cbabie This can be a good place to vent so it's sometimes nice when you don't have any real life friends here in the group. But the good thing is that I have made virtual friends here.

As you can tell, yesterday wasn't so good. Some of those ingrained habits. McDonalds. My goal is to change the habit to a double quarter lber cheese with no bun and then cut that up and put that in one of their salads. I saw that trick on a keto forum. Yesterday I had been fasting since I had a clinic appt for bloodwork and couldn't eat until almost lunchtime. Dh said bring home food and that was the closest. I didn't even think about the trick just ordered what I usually do. Next time as they say.

171/100 Red
    45 min cardio, weights, stretching
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever It’s good that you figured out that it’s the extended walking that is hurting your foot. The good news is that you can keep up with your workouts. The bad news is that you are going to have to moderate how much walking you do at one time. I suppose Christmas shopping should be online for you this year. 😉 Changing our habits when we eat out is one of the harder things to do, I think. But there will always be a next time! :grin:

@trooworld I hope you are feeling better and that you don’t have the dreaded Covid! Yeah, with only 18 points for the day, I can see how you have to be careful and focus on those zero point foods. :)

Good morning! I woke up at 5 am thinking and praying. Today, DH goes to get that PET scan to find out what is going on inside his body. I’m not sure when we will find out the results. Hopefully soon! I was supposed to get my hair done yesterday, but my stylist had to cancel. So, I went to work and did the cleaning for the week. I’m not going into the office today because our bookkeeper wants to leave early. Works for me! I will clean house and I need to concentrate on the ladies' Bible study Christmas luncheon that we are having here on Dec. 4th. My mom is so excited! She is putting together gift bags for each lady and having so much fun with them. I’m happy that I can do this for her. :)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Oh now I get the joke! LOL What's a double quarter lber cheese with no bun? You will get it next time. Good job on the exercise.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks. Unfortunately, not feeling better. :( It definitely makes me focus on the zero points foods! I'm thinking good thoughts for your dear husband and also for you for having to go through this. That's really nice that your mom is putting together gift bags for the ladies. Your mom seems to be doing really well, no?

Hi all. I'm down -1.0 lbs this morning pre-going to the bathroom. This may be my final number for the week. I'm still not feeling well. I rescheduled my jury duty that was supposed to happen yesterday and I didn't go to work. I don't think I will be going to work today, either. I took a COVID test yesterday and hope to have the results back before Thanksgiving. If I don't get them back, I don't know if I will go to my brother-in-law's for Thanksgiving; I'll have to drop off my husband there and eat alone at home. :( But hopefully, that won't happen and I'll get negative test results today. I doubt I have it but I can't take a chance considering my BIL's health situation. I did make my chicken stock yesterday. Today, I will have to try to cook some of the food for tomorrow. I'll do the best I can. I am still on a quest to make rolls lol.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    2l3dsnxyugln.jpeg

Good Morning 😃🌞☀️ hope everyone has a great day!

@TeresaW1020 continued prayers 🙏🏻
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited November 2021
    @teresaw1020 Waiting on results is the hardest thing. Hopefully they will come quickly and will be clear. Prayers sent. I'm glad I can continue with my exercise. I'm just being real careful now on walking round the house. How is your balanced eating going?

@trooworld I guess I should not have abbreviated. Quarter pounder with cheese no bun. oh we must have both been posting at same time the other day. I was thinking I don't remember troo being sick. So I went back and looked. You did a great job of saying no to dh and making sure the food fit in your plan.
    I hope it's not covid and just a changing of the weather type illness. Get well soon. Yaaay on your weight loss.

@gemwolf110 Really nice post.

97/100 Red
    45 min dancing, weights, stretching

As of today I've lost 3 lbs since I got back home. Yaaaay me. Now to continue.....

• gemwolf110
    My baby is all prepared for this cold weather 🥶

xuu7anwluwgv.jpeg
  • stephonww
    stephonww Posts: 7 Member
    Hi everyone

This is Neffyworld. I deleted that account because I was unable to delete all my previous food entries. I have decided to start logging my food on mfp instead, because the points weren't making sense to me. My sister made a curry for lunch today and it was something like 20-50ww points. I'm sick of going so over points every fricken day. I will keep going to meetings and using their recipes though. I have paid for six months, so its a bit of an commitment.
  • gemwolf110
    tl1rcilkposk.jpeg
    6986kzwk7uxs.jpeg
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Awww, he/she is adorable in their sweater! <3

@theslightedgeforever Ah I see. Thanks for the clarification. Oh yeah, probably posted the same time. Thanks. My COVID test came back negative so it must just be allergies. Congrats on the loss! Woo hoo!

@stephonww Maybe MFP will be a better fit for you. That does sound like a lot of points.

Hi all. I am not feeling better but my COVID test came back negative so I'm going to Thanksgiving. Yesterday, I was on my knees looking in the bottom of the fridge and I got dizzy and fell over. I've been dizzy when I bend over ever since. I do have some good news: I attempted the rolls another time yesterday and low and behold, they came out well! This is the first time in 20 years that they've been edible lol. I also made a sweet potato pie with homemade crust and some cranberry compote/sauce yesterday. Today my husband is going to finish everything up.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, MY FRIENDS!

ugycg73tcc8t.jpg
  • trooworld
    w0ul6hxuizk9.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Yes, my mom is doing really well. She is very much an introvert, but she loves going to church and her health is really good, so we are all thankful for that. Yayyy on the negative Covid test but yikes on getting dizzy and falling over! :o Those rolls look amazing! Good for you for not giving up on making them. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. <3

@gemwolf110 Your little baby is soooo cute!! I wish I had started putting clothes on my Maggie Mae when she was little. There is no way she would let me do that now. And I would totally have you over for Thanksgiving dinner too! <3:grin:

@theslightedgeforever My balanced eating is going OK, but the scale would say I’m failing miserably. I’m cutting myself some slack for the next couple of days. I do know that before the New Year gets here, I need to get myself back into the losing mindset and cut out all the excuses. Or I will never see a goal weight! How are you doing with your eating? :)

@stephonww You have to do what works for you and for some counting points isn’t the right thing. The good thing about WW is that it will help you learn to make healthier choices, so maybe focus on that while you still have a membership with them. :)

@cbabie I hope you are doing OK? <3

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving! My poor DH came down with a head cold yesterday. Right now, he doesn’t have any symptoms other than a whole lot of sneezing, but I’m keeping a close eye on him. His PET scan went well yesterday, and he has his biopsy scheduled for Dec. 6th. I’m sure we won’t know any results until after that is done. So, in the meantime, we will spend the day relaxing and eating yummy food. This evening we will watch the National Dog Show and I’ll drink more wine!! :grin:
  • theslightedgeforever
    w2hlxyf3gr3w.jpg
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Oh that is great about your mom doing so well. I'm glad she has activities she enjoys. Yeah, I don't know if I just have a case of vertigo or what is going on? The rolls were great! Thank you, I did have a wonderful day yesterday. I hope you did, too. Oh gosh, your poor husband! What a day to get sick on. I watched the National Dog Show yesterday. I hope you enjoyed the day.

@theslightedgeforever Indeed!

Hello all. I went overboard yesterday at dinner. I was so stuffed that I had to unbutton my pants. :( We took leftovers home with us but I didn't take many despite my husband's prodding. I tracked almost everything and ate 84 pts yesterday. I only get 18 a day. I am -32 for the week. But DH and I are going to go on a long walk this morning so that should help a bit. I hope you all had a good day yesterday.

• theslightedgeforever
    I hope everyone had a nice holiday.

@gemwolf110 OMG, what a cutie. I love the turkey post.

@stephonww I think its important that you feel successful on whatever plan you use. I don't do low-fat programs because I have to watch my carbs and I can't have low carbs and low fats and do it consistently. So I've found something that suits me. Just keep working towards Steph's plan. Keep what works and throw away what doesn't. You'll figure it out.

@trooworld Yaaay on a negative test. I was just reading about a new variant coming out of S. Africa and then Germany having almost 76000 cases in one day. Guess I won't be going to Europe anytime soon. My daughter and I have it on our bucket lists. I wonder what your dizziness is from? Do you have high blood pressure? Inner ear problems? The rolls looked yummy.

@teresaw1020 my eating: I've been a bit over my boundaries on most days this past week but I ended up losing 0.2 So back to my boundaries. I'd like to at least lose about .7 each week. At this rate I can still get to where I want to go and enjoy the journey.

OK peeps, Thanksgiving is one day not the weekend or week. So everyone back to their plans. Move your bodies. Let's lose some weight this week. Think how good you will feel losing weight on a holiday week.

217/238 Green
    50 min dancing, weights, stretching
  • theslightedgeforever
    Just got my blood test results: No longer pre-diabetic. Cholesterol was 143. I lowered my bad cholesterol. But also my good but I'm still above 50 so that's good. But needs work. I lowered my triglycerides.

Woohoo! Now to lower my weight.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Oh gosh, I heard there was a new variant but I didn't hear how it was spreading so quickly. My husband and I wanted to go to Paris next year but maybe that won't happen. I don't have high blood pressure, it actually tends to run on the lower side rather than high. I don't know, maybe I had vertigo. I'm okay now. Thanks. And thanks for the reminder that Thanksgiving is one day. I've made it into 2 but it stops now. CONGRATULATIONS on no longer being pre-diabetic! What a victory!

Hi all. I was totally off track yesterday but vow to be on track today. I did go for a long walk with DH yesterday so that was good. I've pretracked half my day, I don't know what I am having for lunch so I couldn't track that. And breakfast is up in the air, too.

• gemwolf110
    55ke1o3uz2eu.jpeg
    88xltjf5aoci.jpeg
  • gemwolf110
    @theslightedgeforever that’s great that you are no longer pre-diabetic and that your cholesterol is going down as well.

@trooworld same here was off track the last two days but I did get a bunch of raking done yesterday. Did eat a meatball calzone yesterday but my body must not have liked something in it (probably a preservative) as after eating it my cheeks got red and hot. So not ordering that again. Took an allergy pill just in case and it went away eventually.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited November 2021
    @trooworld I don't know that new variant is the one in Germany. I could be wrong though. They haven't got ahold of the other ones yet. So you've enjoyed Thanksgiving and now back to your regularly scheduled program. LOL

@gemwolf110 They look chill. Funny the differences in the dogs. Alert, half alert, relaxed Do you like raking leaves or is it just a necessary evil? I bet it burns alot of calories.

I walked with dh this morning and now my foot hurts again. So I guess I'm going to have to put our Saturday morning walk on hold until this problem goes away. I will just have to go to the gym instead.

129/150 Yellow
    35 min walk