Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    I ignore it and it usually goes away
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Torture my coworkers and/or my family
  • JonnyWiller
    JonnyWiller Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2021
    Totally understand what you mean but meditation is a thing. I thought that's it's just a movie trick or something like that but after I tried it I tell you I was extremely surprised at how efficient it was. Just try it, I mean, it'll take only 10 min of your day but you'll see the result. There are different guides on the internet but in case you'll be serious about it you can get meditation certification and even start tutoring yourself
  • ChiefBaba
    ChiefBaba Posts: 29 Member
    edited November 2021
    Play piano & sing...and work on finishing the three books I'm writing...or practice Swahili...
  • Lady_ov_leisure
    Lady_ov_leisure Posts: 99 Member
    Music dance sing baking cakes … yes all at the same time.

But if I’m angry like a ticking bomb stressed.. I clean house .. while singing and wiggling myass to music ☺️
  • JonnyWiller
    JonnyWiller Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2021
    Totally understand what you mean but meditation is a thing. I thought that's it's just a movie trick or something like that but after I tried it I tell you I was extremely surprised at how efficient it was. Just try it, I mean, it'll take only 10 min of your day but you'll see the result. There are different guides on the internet but in case you'll be serious about it you can get meditation certification and even start tutoring yourself

Hope it'll help you, guys
  • GymBunnyPaige
    GymBunnyPaige Posts: 18 Member
    I know there's a ton of comments already and mine will likely get lost at sea but here goes...
    Meditation. Let me tell you, as a teenager, every school counselor, every nurse, every therapist, every freaking stranger and their dog, told me I need to be meditating. I was a VERY stressed out teen, with horrible untreated anxiety, panicking at the sound of loud cars several streets over.

They were right in that I needed to meditate, but they were negligent in expressing how. None of them even bothered to tell me what meditation was. One therapist briefly explained that it's finding some place quiet, closing your eyes, and breathing while not thinking about anything.
    To be honest, I'm actually laughing to myself as I type this because that woman was so FULL OF IT! :D

I had to eventually (years later! thanks for nothing, expensive therapy) learn what meditation meant for me. It was very simple. It meant that I am present in each moment, and aware of my own thoughts and feelings, giving them space to exist without scrutiny. I could spend some time alone, and have a pressure-free moment to examine how I felt and reflect on my life and my being. That's it!

Now I meditate all the time! Every moment I have with myself I have turned into an opportunity for meditation. Driving, exercising, cooking, writing, small little moments where I get to assess how I feel, count my blessings, and express gratitude.
    Staying grounded, present, and thankful is how I deal with stress. The idea of meditation is no longer stupid and pointless in my mind, but rather something I look forward to each day!
  • Eltriste73
    Eltriste73 Posts: 126 Member
    Very inspirational, thank you for sharing
    I know there's a ton of comments already and mine will likely get lost at sea but here goes...
    Meditation. Let me tell you, as a teenager, every school counselor, every nurse, every therapist, every freaking stranger and their dog, told me I need to be meditating. I was a VERY stressed out teen, with horrible untreated anxiety, panicking at the sound of loud cars several streets over.

They were right in that I needed to meditate, but they were negligent in expressing how. None of them even bothered to tell me what meditation was. One therapist briefly explained that it's finding some place quiet, closing your eyes, and breathing while not thinking about anything.
    To be honest, I'm actually laughing to myself as I type this because that woman was so FULL OF IT! :D

I had to eventually (years later! thanks for nothing, expensive therapy) learn what meditation meant for me. It was very simple. It meant that I am present in each moment, and aware of my own thoughts and feelings, giving them space to exist without scrutiny. I could spend some time alone, and have a pressure-free moment to examine how I felt and reflect on my life and my being. That's it!

Now I meditate all the time! Every moment I have with myself I have turned into an opportunity for meditation. Driving, exercising, cooking, writing, small little moments where I get to assess how I feel, count my blessings, and express gratitude.
    Staying grounded, present, and thankful is how I deal with stress. The idea of meditation is no longer stupid and pointless in my mind, but rather something I look forward to each day!

• SFnBald
    SFnBald Posts: 134 Member
    Cigars and whiskey take a lot of my stress away