Hi I'm looking for friends

If anyone is looking for friends I'm always accepting new friends the more I have the better. I've been very determined and motivated to get my workout in before I even get to work.

Replies

• Onewarriorwoman
    Onewarriorwoman Posts: 7 Member
    Hi im new and I have no idea what I'm doing.. Posting etc.. 🖤
  • IFJagain
    IFJagain Posts: 96 Member
    Hi and welcome to MFP! Y'all can add me if you'd like, ask questions, post comments, support each other, push each other and generally have fun while we're getting healthier!

• I'm looking for new friends Add me I can't figure out how to add people.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    With recent changes to the forums, its not as easy to get to peoples profiles profiles anymore. The easiest way (from a computer) is to replace the user name (like in the url below) with the user name of the person you want to add. ( i cant help you with doing it from a phone as I dont use the forums on my phone). I dont care if you add me, but I will warn you, I am not the friend for everyone. I am very supportive, and off and on all day, so see most things, but I swear like a sailor and ramble incessantly about my life, and not just about diet and weight crap. I have an awesome group of friends who are pretty much the same. You are welcome to board to crazy train and hop off if you so choose. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/callsitlikeiseeit
  • karenwheeler8
    karenwheeler8 Posts: 10 Member
    I would love more friends in here, im struggling so bad, not lost anything at all, keep messing up and don't think 1200 cals is enough for me, my daily work is very heavy duty, im 52
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    I would love more friends in here, im struggling so bad, not lost anything at all, keep messing up and don't think 1200 cals is enough for me, my daily work is very heavy duty, im 52

1200 is not enough for most people. especially those with active jobs.

if you havent lost anything, and you admit you keep messing up, its a good indication you are binging (because hello, you are HUNGRY).

What is your activity level set at? Do you use an activity tracker of any kind (fitbit, apple watch, etc?), how are you logging your food? (eyeballing, cups, food scale?)

Are you doing any intentional exercise on TOP of your job? If so, how are you calculating those calories and are you eating any of those back?
  • karenwheeler8
    Hi thank you for your reply,
    I've raised my calorie level to 1500,
    Activity level? Didn't realise you can set that?
    No extra exercise since hurting my back 2 months ago, im awaiting physiotherapy, but im still very active in work and at some at home.
    I do weigh my foods, sometimes use a small cup, but i honestly don't understand most of it.
  • karenwheeler8
    Also i use a xioami mi fit band 5
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Hi thank you for your reply,
    I've raised my calorie level to 1500,
    Activity level? Didn't realise you can set that?
    No extra exercise since hurting my back 2 months ago, im awaiting physiotherapy, but im still very active in work and at some at home.
    I do weigh my foods, sometimes use a small cup, but i honestly don't understand most of it.

For learning how to properly weigh and log your foods, check out these threads:
    Useful Links
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

It really is not as complicated as it SEEMS, especially once you get the hang of it.

when you set up your goal and such in MFP, you would have set an activity level (sedentary, moderately active, active, etc). Their descriptions are not the best. https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ - This one is a lot better, and will give a much better idea. Now, all of this is a law of averages, which, by definition, MOST people fall under. I... do not. But *I* am an anomaly. Most people ... are not. It takes time and experimentation to figure that out, but for most... not necessary. In any case, from that site, gauge your activity level and you can either use that to base it and select it on MFP OR (if you want to get fancy and a bit more complicated) run your numbers on sail rabbit, calculate your TDEE on there, subtract 500 and use that as your deficit, and manually enter the number on MFP to 'eat to'. Regardless, as you lose weight, you need to adjust that number periodically. MFP used to adjust it (or remind you to recalculate) automatically) but no longer does, for whatever reason.

You also dont say how tall you are/how much you weigh- which can play into it. if you only have 20 pounds to lose ... it will take a lot longer than if you have 50 pounds to lose. its a sad reality. the less you have to lose, the harder it is. it also makes accurate logging of food even MORE important. and that 500 calorie deficit needs to change to a 250 calorie deficit. So... lots of factors to consider, depending on your current stats, and as your stats change.
  • __manda__
    __manda__ Posts: 1 Member
    I’m also looking for new friends! It has definitely helped keep me accountable in the past.
  • Hi - After a recent health scare I am determined to turn my life and health around. I would absolutely love it if you add me.

In me you will find someone who will give the words you need to hear, not the ones you want to. Although, don't worry, I'll always do it nicely ;)

Thanks - Michelle x 😊
  • theworkoutreview
    theworkoutreview Posts: 41 Member

I would love to be friends, with you, or anyone else for that matter, but I can't seem to figure out how to add friends. Is it some sort of glitch?
  • callsitlikeiseeit

I would love to be friends, with you, or anyone else for that matter, but I can't seem to figure out how to add friends. Is it some sort of glitch?

With recent changes to the forums, its not as easy to get to peoples profiles profiles anymore. The easiest way (from a computer) is to replace the user name (like in my profile url below) with the user name of the person you want to add. ( i cant help you with doing it from a phone as I dont use the forums on my phone). I dont care if you add me, but I will warn you, I am not the friend for everyone. I am very supportive, and off and on all day, so see most things, but I swear like a sailor and ramble incessantly about my life, and not just about diet and weight crap. I have an awesome group of friends who are pretty much the same. You are welcome to board to crazy train and hop off if you so choose. https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/callsitlikeiseeit

• blondii31
    blondii31 Posts: 1 Member
    Im looking for supportive friends aswell. Please add me if you log everyday. 😁