Weight No More Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Replies

• sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    November Week 4
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 193.8 (November 18th)
    CW (Current Weight): 194.2 (November 25th)

Loss to date: 76.9 lbs
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Username: Bumpbreakcar

Weigh In Day: Thursday

PW (Previous Weight): 142.1

CW (Current Weight): 143.5

I forgot to weigh in first thing before I ate 😞
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last week's weight: 136.0
    Current weight: 136.0
    Steps: 53,685
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I forgot to weigh in yesterday and today got a little crazy. I will weigh in tomorrow if that's ok. On top of my granddaughter who lives with me I am watching my other granddaughter and 2 dogs for the weekend. I swear my dog gets everyone barking just for fun, especially when the girls are just going down for nap.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Pw:138.2
    Cw: 137 pounds
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Username: FaithIt365
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 361.1
    CW: 364.2 🤦🏾‍♀️
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was a great one. I got to see all of the grandbabies at Thanksgiving. I'm so grateful no lives far away.

IDebraK
    Weigh In: Saturday
    Start Weight: 159
    PW: 132.2
    CW: 130.8

I really have no idea when I last weighed 130. This is exciting!

Step count:
    Sat: 6173
    Sun: 5426
    Mon: 12482
    Tues: 12488
    Wed: 19464
    Thurs: 6419
    Fri: 22372

• Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 409 Member
    Zumba_luvah
    Pw- 182.6
    Cw- 184.4
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited November 2021
    Username: MayLan
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 249.8
    CW: 249.6
  • ljdanny
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MotylekOkruchy
    Saturday
    PW:
    CW: 141.5

I should have picked Wednesdays for my weigh in days! That way I would weigh before Thanksgiving, not after. :D Still, considering 2-day feast, I'll take such a small increase.

Steps:
    (last) Saturday: 22429
    Sunday: 14811
    Monday: 17994
    Tuesday: 18290
    Wednesday: 17418
    Thursday: 16717
    Friday:12150

I plan to take today easy since I am still tired after having visitors for 3 days, but tomorrow - back to more active (more walking) life. I already picked the hike for tomorrow.
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Kaj848
    Thursday
    Pw: 158.8
    Cw: 159.8
  • IDebraK
    So today I was wondering about my BMI. At 130 pounds and only 5 feet tall, I am still overweight. (I already knew that being this height). So as I looked a little further, for my height, it states that I should weigh between 95 and 128. I had chosen 125 as my goal weight with the high side at 128. I chose the 128 because that was my weight before ever having children some 27 years ago. At 128, I am on the high side of BMI and just teetering on the overweight category. If I take the lowest weight of 95 and the highest weight at 128 and average them, I get 111. That would put me dead in the middle of the BMI range for my height. I don't think 111 is doable for me. At a certain point in weight loss, I look like my head is too big for my body.
    Does anyone else look at the BMI charts for their goal weight?
    I know doctors do.
    I feel like maybe I should change my goal weight a little lower. I just don't know that I could lose another 20 pounds.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    steps
    Sun - 2813
    Mon - 4584
    Tue - 4348
    Wed - 5805
    Thu - 4177
    Fri - 6667
    Sat - 4589
    Just over 11 1/2 miles this week. Have a sinus infection/cold that is making me sleepy and lazy
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    IDebraK wrote: »
    So today I was wondering about my BMI. At 130 pounds and only 5 feet tall, I am still overweight. (I already knew that being this height). So as I looked a little further, for my height, it states that I should weigh between 95 and 128. I had chosen 125 as my goal weight with the high side at 128. I chose the 128 because that was my weight before ever having children some 27 years ago. At 128, I am on the high side of BMI and just teetering on the overweight category. If I take the lowest weight of 95 and the highest weight at 128 and average them, I get 111. That would put me dead in the middle of the BMI range for my height. I don't think 111 is doable for me. At a certain point in weight loss, I look like my head is too big for my body.
    I know doctors do.
    I feel like maybe I should change my goal weight a little lower. I just don't know that I could lose another 20 pounds.

So here's the thing about BMI...

It doesn't take into account the composition of your body, and tends to assume that women have less muscle on their bodies than they actually do. Find a weight that feels good to you, one that you feel like you can sustain in a healthy way without restricting your food to starvation portions. I wrote a long blog post a while ago about the origins of BMI and how it is discriminatory against anyone who isn't a 30-something European man. I can share the link to it in here if it would be helpful to anyone.

All that in mind, I would recommend going no lower than 120 unless you absolutely feel like that is still too high. Not on a numbers basis, of course, but on a feeling basis. You know your body better than anyone else.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    results.png

Our forth week of November has concluded! Be sure to check out the results of this past week in the link below.

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

8b973j1pqk93.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    bjaneb wrote: »
    Bjaneb
    Pw: 185
    Cw: 182
    Made it through the long holiday week without going overboard!

I found this weigh-in over on WaistAways! @bjaneb - looks like you went astray :wink: Glad you did not have a wild gain during the holiday week - WTG!!
  • ljdanny
    Steps..

Sun- 3,632
    Mon- 9,553
    Tues- 11,941
    Wed- 12,259
    Thurs- 8,251
    Fri- 7,339
    Sat- 9,020
  • ljdanny
    My steps were horrible for the week. I have to start walking more. I didnt even reach my goal most days. We had a busy weekend with the grandkids. We decorated cookies, I did not eat any. We went to an indoor play place and we chased then around for 2 hours. We did take them out to dinner and they both behaved so that was a plus. I just got my Christmas presents wrapped. I have to set up my tree this week, I couldn't do it with all the kids and dogs, it was to busy and crowded here. We are changing some things around in the basement so I am going to set my treadmill back up cuz it's getting a little to cold to walk outside.
  • IDebraK
    edited November 2021
    IDebraK wrote: »
    I know doctors do.

So here's the thing about BMI...

It doesn't take into account the composition of your body, and tends to assume that women have less muscle on their bodies than they actually do. Find a weight that feels good to you, one that you feel like you can sustain in a healthy way without restricting your food to starvation portions. I wrote a long blog post a while ago about the origins of BMI and how it is discriminatory against anyone who isn't a 30-something European man. I can share the link to it in here if it would be helpful to anyone.

All that in mind, I would recommend going no lower than 120 unless you absolutely feel like that is still too high. Not on a numbers basis, of course, but on a feeling basis. You know your body better than anyone else.

Thanks! I'd be interested in reading it.

Somehow, I feel like a calculation of whether you're male or female and age should also be a factor. I did manage to find one calculator online that did take those factors into consideration. However, it seemed to only matter if you were over the age of 65.

I'll get to my goal of 125-128. That, I am sure of. If I feel like I can go lower and not look like a bobble head doll, I may reconsider lowering it.
This discussion has been closed.