Coronavirus prep

Replies

• makinlifehappen
    makinlifehappen Posts: 110 Member
    so long as toilet paper stays available I will have no complaints.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    My take on it is we can't keep getting mass inoculations every six months forever just because there's another variant, and they don't believe that will be necessary

It seems highly likely to me that the long term maintenance will be annual jabs.

Even though immunity might wane somewhat after, say, 9 months, for reasons of real life practicality I think it will be annual thing like flu vaccine.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Are they still giving the 'dig into your skull' Covid test?? My poor neighbor had to have one yesterday and he's already suffering anxiety/agitation(he's 88) and it was he!! for him. :(
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Are they still giving the 'dig into your skull' Covid test?? My poor neighbor had to have one yesterday and he's already suffering anxiety/agitation(he's 88) and it was he!! for him. :(

It depends...some places still do that deep swab because it's supposed to be the most accurate.
    I'm tested twice a week for work, two tests each time (a rapid test and a PCR), and they are nasal swabs, but not deep ones. Probably about halfway up the nose. They are not terribly comfortable, but also not painful and only take a few seconds.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I had to get tested about a month ago as I came down with some bug and my work requires a negative test for me to come back to work. It was a self administered nose swab, but just inside the nostrils
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    @Fuzzipeg have you tried phoning to book an appointment? I have a relative who had success that way.