What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,034 Member
    My heel is still a bit sore/stiff, so no running today. Didn't feel like strength training, so I did some indoor rowing:
    5736m in 30min. Entirely in Z2 or lower.
  • gem_t_86
    gem_t_86 Posts: 40 Member
    My workout for today was a 'Spirit' class (mix of yoga, pilates with a bit of meditation at the end). Not a particularly strong workout but my flexibility is terrible so I keep going.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Today was my first day back on the elliptical after hurting my quad. In the days off, I decided to buy a heart rate monitor. I used one years ago (it has since died) and had good success with making sure I was working out at the right level. Today, I kept my heart rate in the 80-90% range and it felt good. Based on how this felt, I'm pretty confident that I was really pushing myself too hard previously and that's why I got hurt. Live and learn....
  • theworkoutreview
    theworkoutreview Posts: 41 Member
    I did an interval workout, ran at 8mph until my HR hit 170, then walked until it hit 140, repeat for 40min. I also did some pull-ups and push-ups but nothing worth bragging about.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,718 Member
    Rowing machine, repeating the 3 x (2k on, 2' off) + 1k on + 3' CD, still aiming for around 2:36 pace and Z3 on the meter pieces . . . but failing, sort of.

I starting playing with increasing meters per stroke: I find it fun in machine season to practice things that put more power into each stroke (and patience into recovery, a thing boats appreciate). It's hard to practice consistently the same way on water, because I usually row multi-person boats, so matching has to happen.

Geekier interlude: With a goal of slow-ish pace and low-ish heart rate, more meters per stroke means reducing spm. Being less practiced at very low spm, I'm inconsistent at simulataneously holding both spm and pace, and frankly the "li'l ol' lady who dislikes strength training" thing means I'm not all that strong which makes power production difficult . . . so I ended up with pace often a little faster (doesn't show up in the average because I compensated), and heart rate creeping a little higher than ideal. Hrmph.

End up with 8,113m (including row in/out + CD), 2:35.5 average split, 16spm overall (pieces were 18, 16, 15, 15 so declining spm), but HR peaked at 149, in Z4 around 10' (22%), Z3 around 24' (53%), remainder below. On the plus side, I was getting up to 13m/stroke or thereabouts sometimes, which is good, for me.
  • AnnPT77
    Lietchi wrote: »
    My heel is still a bit sore/stiff, so no running today. Didn't feel like strength training, so I did some indoor rowing:

@lietchi, that's a nice pace for half an hour while staying Z2 and below!
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Tuesday 30 Nov 21

5 mins elliptical or walk (4mph@6inc)
    15 Pull-ups
    30 DBell Swing
    30 Hand Release Push-ups
    60 Leg Tucks

10/8/6
    Seated Iso Land Mine Arc Press
    Iso Rear Flys
    Monkey Rows
    Arnold Press
    40 Dips & Knee Tucks
    Rev Grip Press (curl bar)
    Mil Press
    Laterals
    Fwd Leaning Wide Grip Row (Rear Delt Focus)
    30 Frog Burps / Incline Pushups

Colt 45s
    Situps/ Jack Knifes/ Frog X/ Hip Lifts/ Flutter Kicks/ Mtn Climbers/ Choppers/

917 total reps
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    7-8 am:
    Warm-Up
    Elliptical - 1mile (8m)

Mobility - (10m)

Yoga - (10m)
  • theworkoutreview
    theworkoutreview Posts: 41 Member
    I did some eccentric bench and pull-ups. Then I did some overhead lunges, sled pushes, and bear crawls. Just a little something to "get the skin leaking"
  • dralicephd
    Rest day today, because I can't be trusted to not overdo it. haha.... Today's "exercise" goal is to get up from the computer frequently to refill my tea. This increases my NEAT a little bit and keeps me hydrated. :)
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Bootcamp today morning...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Full body weight room and 10 minutes rowing afterwards. Take the dog for a walk later this evening if I can get home before dark.
  • Lietchi
    Strength training today:
    - 4 sets assisted pull-ups
    - 4 sets landmine deadlifts
    - 3 sets cable rows
    - 3 sets dumbell side raises
    - 2 sets biceps curls
    - and a few static reps hanging from my pull-up bar
  • Lietchi
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Lietchi wrote: »

@lietchi, that's a nice pace for half an hour while staying Z2 and below!

Thanks! Not sure how accurate my max heart rate (and therefore Z2) is, but definitely happy with my progress fitness-wise the past months.
    Next step is to build up some more endurance in my back and shoulders, I have a hard time rowing for more than 30 minutes without discomfort.
  • Gardensoul57
    Gardensoul57 Posts: 17 Member
    Rode my bike for 14 miles and then took our dog for a two mile cool down walk.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    220 minutes on my Elliptical for 15.6 miles.
  • AnnPT77
    Back to stationary bike, 16,427 imitation meters from a 15k + 4' CD workout. Easy pace, 25% of the time in Z3, the rest below; HR peaked at a measly 132bpm, mid-60s percent HR reserve.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    4.3 miles of Rolling Hills running
  • SwimBikeRun_Mom
    SwimBikeRun_Mom Posts: 46 Member
    I swam 2500 meters. I don't remember my specific warm up.

Pre Set: 6x50's (25 Drill, 25 Swim)
    Main Set: 100, 75, 50, 25 (descending pace), 100, 200 moderate pace, 300 pull. (Repeat)
  • dralicephd
    edited December 2021
    Elliptical for 30 minutes (1.7 miles - not sure how accurate the mileage is, but it at least gives me something to compare over time). The HR monitor (chest strap) is telling me that 17 minutes of that was in zone 4, and 10 minutes was zone 5 (I did some 1-2 minute bursts with 2 minutes of rest in between). Now, I don't feel like I was trying to kill myself at zone 5 and zone 4 felt pretty easy. So, either I'm too dumb to know when I'm working hard or my monitor isn't working right. lol... I'll rest tomorrow anyway so that I don't break myself. Again.