Women 200lb+, Let's Be Dynamic This December!!!

RavenStCloud
RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
edited December 2021 in Motivation and Support
❄️We've made it to December!!!

❄️ 2021 may be almost complete, but we're going to keep up the momentum and stay energized right through the 31st!

❄️What goals do you hope to achieve, or have already achieved, by the end of this year?

❄️How do you plan to celebrate the holidays and are there any strategies you have put/will be putting in place to help you through?

💙 If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

💙 In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

💙All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

💙Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

⛄Let's be dynamic and stay motivated right up until the end of the year!!!⛄

Replies

• sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    December Challenge Weigh In Day

Age 44
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 218.8
    GW for December 213
    UGW 145

12/1: 218.8
    12/8:
    12/15: NA - No Scale week
    12/22:
    12/31:
    Total month loss:

Monthly goals:
    Hitting water goal -8 cups a day
    Gym 3x during the week

Going to Disney this month to see our cruise buddies. They're actually able to go. My husband missed them last year so we almost had to plan a second due to one of them needing a surgery scheduled.

TOTM came so some of the uptick seen was from that. Surprise ha. Only at 45 days this time. I think my booster helped give a proper timing so we'll see what happens the next months.
  • danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 98 Member
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 252 (9/9 ATH)

12/1: 218.9
    12/3:
    12/10:
    12/17:
    12/24:
    12/31: Will be on the road

Dec goal: 6 pounds (fit better into my Seven7 size 16 jeans)
    Ultimate goal: 150ish

❄️ Walk 6k steps every day- 5 days a week
    ❄️ No fast food!
    ❄️ Pack my lunch
    ❄️ Enjoy the holidays without over endulging!
    ❄️ Limit Alcohol to once every two weeks and only 2 🍷 (going to be super hard when visiting family! Eek!)
    ❄️ Get better organized!

Let's have an awesome month!!! ☃️
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Pre-logging the whole week continues to be an ace strat

Glad that's still working for you @goal06082021 ! I find that when I meal plan/prep I'm in a much better situation for the week than when I "wing it". How's your husband doing?

@sarah12277 - have a great time at Disney! I love going there.

@danikat15 - good luck with the alcohol goal! I normally drink WAY more when I'm with family, but I managed to only have half a drink over Thanksgiving and felt pretty proud of myself! I've learned that it's a major trigger to my rosacea so it was easy to skip.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 2021: 271.1
    SW this month: 193.4 (11/30/21)
    GW this month: 189
    GW for 2021: 180 (I'm not expecting to make this goal but since my original goal was 200 I will take anything extra with a smile)

12/2 -
    12/9 -
    12/16 -
    12/23 -
    12/30 -

LTD: lbs

I am looking forward to a busy December with lots of time with family and friends. My main goal this month is to focus on balance between keeping to my healthy eating habits/workout routines and spending time with those I care about and enjoying the season's activities.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @seltzer_lover hubs is doing great, thank you for asking! Poor thing is damn near climbing the walls and hates Zoom University, so now that he's cleared to drive he's back to attending class in person. And yeah, I guess all my K-12 teachers and Girl Scout leaders were right that it pays to be proactive and prepared, LMAO.

@RobynS2814 welcome! I hope you find this group helpful, it's been invaluable to me over the past year. Good on ya for joining a gym ahead of the January rush - it's nice to have time to learn the ropes and figure out a routine before the place is overrun.

@justanotherloser007 congratulations!!! You're so inspiring, thank you for sharing your story in these threads.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @lmgoff232 have fun in Seattle! Hubs and I visited in October 2019. We did rent a car but mostly used it to visit a friend living in Everett - we took public transit otherwise, there was a metro station a couple blocks from the hotel and then we walked or took buses/the people-mover around the city proper. I hope the weather is nice for you! We lucked out and 6 out of 7 days were sunny and dry - the one day we did get that classic PNW all-day misty drizzle, a real grade-A gray day, was of course the day we went up the Space Needle. The underground tour is also really cool, and plenty of walking to boot! LMAO