QUIZ: How Old Are You Based on Your Soup Tastes?

kshama2001
kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
My preferences put me at 20 years younger than my actual age.

https://www.allrecipes.com/longform/soup-quiz/

Replies

• kshama2001
    edited December 2021
    Speaking of soup, I was on that site looking up my favorite cabbage soup recipe (which is always make with home made stock):

Hot and Sour Cabbage Soup

j3hh4dg9ba37.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited December 2021
    I'm 24.

I can work with that. :)

Edited: Because I was waiting for the email to tell me and didn't scroll back up on the page. :)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    I am also 24.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited December 2021
    Took the poll but don't know what "soup age" I am because I refused to submit my email to All Recipes for the answer. I dont need any more spam in my inbox or my email address added to any more "lists."

My guess is my "soup age" is as old as I am - 70.

I like certain soups out of a can: Campbell Noodle Soup (w/or w/o rice added) and Progresso New England Clam Chowder, Lentil and Green Split Pea.

However, I also like to make certain soups from scratch, usually in the fall/winter, including Split Pea (w/or w/o ham hocks), Lentil (w/or w/o ham hocks & kale), Cauliflower, Pig or Oxtail, Okra, Butternut Squash among others, which I make in a stock pot low/slow on the stove top.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    I don't eat soup much but I'm a can or carton kind of girl.

And the only reason I picked cheese and not bread for dipping is because no matter how I made the soup, that bread would be eaten before it was done. :)
  • sheahughes
    sheahughes Posts: 133 Member
    13 ha ha ha I can live with that
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    🤷 I also didn't put in my email. But mostly, the choices were not what I would prefer. I usually make a veggie based soup with chicken. Sometimes biscuit or cornbread on the side.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Yeah, I didn't want to give them my email either, but most of my honest answers would have been "none of the above" if that were an option.

I don't do well with food quizzes like this because my tastes are all over the map. I like fancy-pants things like lobster bisque and duck confit, but also enjoy sloppy joes and canned soup. I'll eat at the upscale French restaurant, but also the greasy diner. And enjoy both.

I don't think my food choices represent any particular age or economic status (as another recent poll tested).

PS...I know these polls are just for fun, but sometimes I think they go as far as insulting people who have more simple tastes.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    13 here as well. Must've been the grilled cheese and soup from a can answers. :)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited December 2021
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    13 here as well. Must've been the grilled cheese and soup from a can answers. :)

I said grilled cheese too. Nothing like grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Also, I'm not at all convinced that the "bad" answers (not sure what age would be bad) = the simple choices. My choices were pretty much all simple, IMO, in both quizzes.

They promised some test based on favorite Thanksgiving sides, but I couldn't find it.
  • kshama2001
    For those of you who do not wish to give a real email address - you can put in a fake one - the answer will be displayed in the browser rather than via email.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    24. I have an email account that I use specifically for this kind of stuff and stuff that I know I'm just going to get a lot of junk mail. I don't use it for anything else and rarely check it.
  • perryc05
    perryc05 Posts: 206 Member
    edited December 2021
    Apparently I am ten years older than I really am (56 rather than 46). Nothing beats a a Borsch, a Pea and Ham or a nice Minestrone. I don't mind getting updates from Allrecipes as you can just unsubscribe to them if they're annoying.
    The Russians provide the most inspiration for soups: https://www.rbth.com/tag/soup
  • HollyStormCloud
    HollyStormCloud Posts: 1,989 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    24. I have an email account that I use specifically for this kind of stuff and stuff that I know I'm just going to get a lot of junk mail. I don't use it for anything else and rarely check it.

Me too. I just go in periodically and clear it.

Says I'm 24 years old. That would be 34 years younger than I actually am.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,516 Member
    Also 24. I agree that some of the answers could've been None of the Above. I just picked the closest to what my actual answer would be. All in fun.
  • lexabeep
    lexabeep Posts: 232 Member
    24. That will do 😂
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    edited January 2022
    Another 24 . . . it's given me a 42-year age discount vs. the actual 66.

ETA: Some of the soup recipes linked looked pretty tasty.