What's on your mind?

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member
    I’m trying to cypher on whether or not I should be flattered or irritated.
    I can’t quite tell from what he says.
  • Ketomoijo
    Ketomoijo Posts: 89 Member
    edited November 2021
    OMICRON B is an anagram of NO CRIMBO 😮
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I am not cut out to care for the elderly. :( It is affecting my mindset more than anything else ever has. :(
  • ReenieHJ
    I didn't think all that much of these things when I bought them, but people keep taking notice of them. When did brown suede loafers become such a hot thing 🤔

I guess when you started wearing them?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    The 6 leftover cheese rolls from Portos I just gave to my dentist's office out of the 12 a client brought us not even an hour ago. :)
  • Ketomoijo
    Ketomoijo Posts: 89 Member
    If I told you I’d have to kill you 😁
  • Nothin good
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Trying to come up with ideas for Christmas for people we don't see very often. :( Three kids, ages hmmm, maybe 11, 13, and 18. Maybe a family gift basket? Games, puzzle, foods,???? DH says just give them each an amazon gift card for 25 bucks. What to do what to do.......

Didn't have this challenge last year. :)

Kids always like gift cards,
    I always love to get a gift basket of different kinds of yummies.
    Fruit, cookies, or a basket of household necessities.
    It really is the thought…….😊🌻

Thank you @honey_honey12. :)
    This all changed after I posted anyways. We won't be seeing this family on Christmas after all. Nobody's vaccinated and we didn't feel comfortable exposing others. Maybe petty but then I thought about our 40 yo ds who has diabetes, the elderly people in our lives and the fact that my niece works with patients every single day. With #'s being what they are locally, we just couldn't risk it. :( Sad but true.
  • ReenieHJ
    Wondering how @penny_loafers mom is doing?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Ketomoijo wrote: »
    If I told you I’d have to kill you 😁

That sounds like a win/win to me...
  • glassyo
    A vegan restaurant called Kale My Name (apparently this is an expansion from Chicago) is opening up in my neighborhood(ish) and every time I walk by it I think, "Eh, you could do better".
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    I am not cut out to care for the elderly. :( It is affecting my mindset more than anything else ever has. :(

I wouldn't be able to do it. My heart would be in empathy overdrive. I don't blame you. *hugs*
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I pick my grocery order up this morning ( ordered it Monday) and there's possibly a few treats in there.. Im excited 😃
  • glassyo
    edited December 2021
    Sooooo food haul at work today:

Huge *kitten* basket of various stuff from Costco. I ate some of the kettle corn and pilfered the madeleine's, hot cocoa candies (not sure what those are but they sounded good), some thin chocolate cookies, some kind of candy bar that sounds like it's close to a twix, chocolate covered caramels, and european sugar cookies. (Damn I took a lot...but honestly, no one else eats this stuff anyway.)

Homemade brownies. I ate 2.

A huge *kitten* (probably) roast beef sandwich from Jersey Mike's which is going home with me and may or may not go to a bus stop bench for a homeless person if I can find some willpower. Their bread is really good. :)

Edited to add: It's turkey.

I HAVE NO WILL POWER!!!!!
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,264 Member
    Hey! You! You know who you are!
    Are you reading this?

I would happily trade the rock for the metal.

• ReenieHJ

I wouldn't be able to do it. My heart would be in empathy overdrive. I don't blame you. *hugs*

Last night his dd asked if I'd be available from 7-7. Oh my. I told her no and felt I let her down so bad. :( She's trying so hard to fill in bits of time and it's almost impossible. I told her 11-7 or something like that. She's just such a sweet kind woman and it's all on her shoulders right now. I want to help but just do not have a 12 hour shift within my capabilities.

I helped with my parents and my BIL. It's just.....getting to me.
  • ReenieHJ
    I pick my grocery order up this morning ( ordered it Monday) and there's possibly a few treats in there.. Im excited 😃

Yeh, and you probably didn't even share did you?? Hiding it all under your pillow for later I'm sure. :)
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member
    edited December 2021
    It's 21 days til Christmas and I've bought 2 gifts. That's it!!

I don't think I'm any better. I have no idea what to get my kids this year.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    It's 21 days til Christmas and I've bought 2 gifts. That's it!!

I don't think I'm any better. I have no idea what to get my kids this year.

The panic is setting in. I've hardly any days off from work between now and Christmas 😏

Amazon.. online shopping..😆