Women 200lb+, Let's Be Dynamic This December!!!

Replies

• MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    tahitig wrote: »
    Thank you both for the welcome and advice, kenziestabes and FushiaKat !
    I'll check out the Fitbit Versa 2 and try to remember to bring my earbuds on my walks (a great idea).

In Alaska, I'll be taking my mother on her 90th birthday in July to see the grizzly bears ...

Your mother sounds like a real hoot! I'm happy to be accompanying you on this first part of your journey to get there!!

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,642 Member
    I just realized I’ve been following this group but haven’t put in my stats, so….
    Height: 5'2”
    SW: 241.2
    CW: 241.2
    December goal: 235
    UGW: 155
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    @tahitig - 30 pounds by July is absolutely doable! I've lost about that since the end of July, so just slightly over 4 months, losing at about 1.5 pounds per week. You have an even larger cushion so I don't see why this wouldn't be doable for you.

I've been to Alaska before and really loved it. It's so gorgeous. I hope you and your mum have a lovely time!
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Hi I’m 53 and 5’6”.
    Starting Weight: 257.8 (1/14/21)

Dec Start Weight: 216.6 (12/1/21)
    Dec Goal Weight: 216.6
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170

Dec 4:
    Dec 11:
    Dec 18:
    Dec 25:
    Dec 31:

Well I’ve decided to take a little break in December and try to just maintain my weight for the month. I will continue to log, weigh, and check in. Also to drink at least 80 oz. of water and get at least 8,000 steps daily. But believe me I am not giving up!

It sounds like everyone has wonderful goals this month! We can do this!👍
  • jazzadesigns
    @RavenStCloud thanks for the new thread!

@goal06082021 I’m glad your husband is doing well!

@sarah12277 have a great time in Disney!

@justanotherloser007 you are an inspiration!

@lmgoff232 hope you feel better soon! Have fun in Seattle!

@kenziestabes 3.5 lbs is so close! Way to go!

@FushiaKat happy anniversary!

@sandielewis2001 you are doing great!

Welcome to all the new people! This is a great group!
  • MissZimmy
    MissZimmy Posts: 13 Member
    Height: 5'9"
    Still feeling really self-conscious about the numbers on the scales so going with weight lost for now. I’ll join you all with sharing full stats when I’m feeling a bit braver.

12/3: -23
    12/10:
    12/17:
    12/24:
    GW for December/2021: - 7lbs
    UGW: 165lbs

My other goals for December:
    - Cycling at least 3 times a week (any time/distance)
    - One LONG ride (50km or more with an ebike)
    - Log food before eating the majority of the time
    - Keep within calorie budget 6 days a week
  • NESSIEssary
    NESSIEssary Posts: 5 Member
    I know it says 200+ lbs. But I'm 300+, is it okay to join here?
  • Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    I know it says 200+ lbs. But I'm 300+, is it okay to join here?

for sure! welcome and good luck. ♥
  • danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 98 Member
    edited December 2021
    Height: 5'7"
    SW: 252 (9/9 ATH)

12/1: 218.9
    12/3: 219.1
    12/10:
    12/17:
    12/24:
    12/31: Will be on the road

Dec weight lost: .2
    Total weight lost: 32.9

Dec goal: 6 pounds (fit better into my Seven7 size 16 jeans)
    Ultimate goal: 150ish

❄️ Walk 6k steps every day- 5 days a week (1 out of 2)
    ❄️ No fast food! (0 out of 2)
    ❄️ Pack my lunch (2 out of 2)
    ❄️ Enjoy the holidays without over endulging!
    ❄️ Limit Alcohol to once every two weeks and only 2 🍷 (going to be super hard when visiting family! Eek!) (2 out of 2)
    ❄️ Get better organized!

I am not going to lie. I stepped on the scale this morning and was angry and disappointed in myself. This is the least I've lost in a 7 day span since I've started (1.2lbs). In that time I had one cheat when we went to the movies with the kids and I let myself have popcorn because dangit... We never ever go to he movies. It's such a special treat for the family and I wanted the popcorn experience. I don't ever want to cut that out because we literally go to the movies maybe once every 2 years.

But my husband pointed out that while this has been the smallest loss, it was still a loss and I'm still going in the right direction. Which he's right. Just don't tell him that. 😂

I also want to start adding some treadmill time in before school 3x a week. So that will be an added goal starting Monday!
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Thanks @RavenStCloud for getting us going for December,  and your title is so much more positive lol 🤣

Age 61 / height 5' 4.5"

Aug 13/2021 - 298.8 (SW & ATH)
    November  - 272.2 (Down 26.6)

Dec 1 - 271 4
    Dec 4 - 270.4
    Dec 11
    Dec 18
    Dec 25 (may take a pass lol 😉)

Weight goal for December - 30 lbs down and keep that loss into the New Year!

I usually weigh in daily when at home, but will record weekly, trying for Fridays (if I slept at home Thursday night to weigh in next morning - been staying over at my daughter's a lot lately and she has no scale - Santa might bring her one 😁)

Other goals:
    [  ] Go for minimum 15 minute walk each day, indoors or out
    [  ] Get my water in, minimum 6 cups
    [  ] Focus on adequate protein in my diet, especially seafood
    [  ] Get Christmas stuff done!!! (finish my Spotify playlist, decorating outside, decorating inside, cleaning, shopping,  planning outings - I love Christmas but it's a lot)

The Libra (android) / Happy Scale (apple) apps just upset me, I do not get my trend at all, it seems when I post a gain it goes berserk and needs many losses to calm down again lol, I probably should just delete it 😄

Oompa loompa 🎶  with jingle bells on into December!
  • danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 98 Member
    Hello ladies! I am bad about staying consistent with making posts but I try to come back lol.
    Age- 27
    Height- 5’4
    SW- 231
    CW- 189.8
    This time of year can be the hardest with all the holiday food but I have been consistently working out on my Peloton. I feel like the bike is really helping me shape up and it feels good. I’m nearing the end of my semester and the next one doesn’t start till January 10th. I will be able to use this break to truly focus on my fitness journey. The goal is to just keep going. I’m down 41 pounds so far!

I want a Peloton bike! So was it a worthwhile investment for you?
  • SammiGirl1321
    SammiGirl1321 Posts: 27 Member
    @danikat15
    Yes the Peloton bike is so worth it! My sister was the one who talked me into getting one. I hate running and I’m prone to shin splints so I wanted some exercise equipment that would work better for me and be convenient since I’m in school and I have three little ones. It’s low impact but you can still get a great workout in plus there are many instructors that post new classes so there is always a different class you can do. I don’t regret my bike!
  • tahitig
    tahitig Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you kindly nebsip, seltzer_lover, and MeowScout for your welcome and encouragement.

It's only December 2 ??
    Those first days of getting started again are always tough.

But this forum seems full of highly motivated people that are successfully heading toward their goals and are really inspiring to read. I'm happy to spend December here !
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Friday Weigh In!
    PW 254
    WI 252.5 (-1.5)

I survived today! I had a light breakfast and lunch, and then had pizza. But this evening I was hungry. I took a page out of my olden days WW toolkit: celery and tomatoes and yoghurt ranch dressing. So 100 cal over but I met all my other weekly goals and even got 6800 steps in.

I hope all of you have a great weekend. I am sure I’ll be checking in!
  • jazzadesigns
    Hi I’m 53 and 5’6”.
    Starting Weight: 257.8 (1/14/21)

Dec Start Weight: 216.6 (12/1/21)
    Dec Goal Weight: 216.6
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 170

Dec 4: 214.6 (-2.0)
    Dec 11:
    Dec 18:
    Dec 25:
    Dec 31:
  • lmgoff232
    lmgoff232 Posts: 277 Member
    Height: 5'10"
    HW: 290.6 (4/19/2021)
    SW: 287.4 (7/16/2021)
    CW: 237.6 (12/1/2021)

12/4: 238.6
    12/11:
    12/18:
    12/26:

GW for December: 232
    GW for 2021: 232 *revised
    UGW: 180

Finally feeling better! But I had some carb/sodium heavy foods the last couple days, which is probably why the scale went up. On a good note, I was able to finally get myself back into my weekday morning workouts. Right now they have only been 15 minutes, but 15 mins is better than none. I am debating on whether to hire myself a personal trainer (hopefully one that makes house calls, lol) for a few months as a bday present to myself ;-) I know I need to add in some weight training, but I don't want to go to a gym, and have no idea where to start at home...

Today I need to go shopping and find myself a really good raincoat & some good, comfortable waterproof shoes for my trip. Hopefully REI will have something that works, but being tall & plus sized means I usually don't have a lot of options :-(

Goals for December:
    - Min 15 min cardio 5x per week:
    - At least 8 glasses water daily:
    - Meet my Fiber goals at least 3x per week:
    - Meet my Protein goals at least 3x per week: