Need help starting

Need help on starting a liquid diet. What do I need to start and what's ways can I stay on track to make it successful? All help wanted please

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Why are you going on a liquid diet? Is it medical?
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited December 2021
    Has your doctor recommended a liquid diet for a reason? If so - did he/she direct you to a dietician to help with that or discuss any specifics with you? What are your short term & long term goals?

"Liquid diets" are not sustainable in the long run. For me it would not even be sustainable for a short term of a few days.
  • SmorganA28
    SmorganA28 Posts: 31 Member
    TxTiffani wrote: »

To like detox
  • SmorganA28
    To lose weight is best to find a way of eating that you can sustain over the long term, including after you've lost the weight. Liquid diets are very boring and usually too low in calories which makes them hard to keep up for more than a few days. Unless there is a medical reason, I would look for a different way to lose weight.

That's, yea so true, I guess I have to find what works for me, but it's so hard
  • SmorganA28
    Oh Sweety (so called because you have such a sweet face!)

You’ve talked about cleanses before. Don’t buy into the cleanses and the liquid diets nonsense. Anything you lose from those will come right back once you start eating solid food again and that ole colon goes back into gear.

Come join us on the slow but successful team. Think of all the weight you could have lost by now
    while you were mucking around with the other!

Thanks hun 😊, yea so true it's so hard to sustain a liquid diet, I tried it for one day and had to eat something by night😔, what types can you give me, I need help dieting is hard and I always feel like I do it wrong
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Unless this is medically indicated, it's probably not a good idea.

Simple diets always sound good in theory: don't eat carbs, don't eat solids, etc. But the more limited a diet is, the more difficult it actually is to incorporate into your real day to day life.

Also, there's nothing about eating food in liquid form that will "detoxify" anything.

The main thing a liquid diet does to most people is make them obsess about eating solid food and encourage bingeing.

I've seen liquid diets work wonders for serious medical weight loss patients, but those were urgent cases where the patient had, say, serious liver problems and the doctor needed to 100% control everything the patient was consuming.

That said, I personally always have a liquid meal for breakfast when I'm working, because with my chaotic work schedule, that's the easiest way for me to get a very filling meal in that will keep me full for 6 hours. I always have Vega One mixed with yogurt.

So if you wanted to have a liquid meal for convenience to avoid eating crap when you are rushed, then that would make sense. But I wouldn't do it for every meal, and certainly wouldn't expect to get ANY benefit from doing do.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,722 Member
    SmorganA28 wrote: »

To like detox

An oldie but goodie, though it does ask you to follow some links:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    SmorganA28 wrote: »

To like detox

You do not need to detox.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    You've received some really good advice! What helped me was along similar lines ... I switched to high fiber/local tortillas, and I think my protein powder is yummy and I have that for some dessert most days (I make it creamier by making it with milk).

Bottom line, you want your weight loss "diet" to be something you can continue for life. Eating one way to lose weight, and another once you lose it generally isn't going to yield long-term results. And that's what we're all here for. :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,343 Member
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Eating one way to lose weight, and another once you lose it generally isn't going to yield long-term results.

This is golden.

Couldn’t have been said better.

I think I’m gonna….cry….at the simple beauty of it.