What irks you today?

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I hate it when my nose gets itchy.. but it's the inside, so obviously if I scratch it it's gonna look like I'm picking my nose.
  • more_oomph
    more_oomph Posts: 112 Member
    frozen fries that instruct to turn over halfway through baking. that's like impossible.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    Perfect sweats that go up your butt. :p
  • roger_301
    roger_301 Posts: 133 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

Isn't that what they're supposed to do? (according to tik tok, lol)
  • glassyo
    roger_301 wrote: »

LOL I'm too old for tik tok. I'm also too old for tumblr but neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevermind that. :)
  • roger_301
    roger_301 Posts: 133 Member
    roger_301 wrote: »

LOL I'm too old for tik tok. I'm also too old for tumblr but neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevermind that. :)

Interest piqued!
  • glassyo
    edited December 2021
    Ok god, ok I'm not a dog lover. I've always been scared of them and just plain don't like the jumping and biting and coming near me.

I live in a no dogs/no exceptions apt building but someone didn't get the literal memo that NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED NO MATTER WHAT.

That's not what this is about.

This is about my neighbor in my work complex decided to start bringing her dog (not sure if it's our client or the girl who works for her) and it won't shut up. And I can't exactly complain to the property manager because he brings HIS dog pretty much every time he's here now.

Definitely annoyed me when he walked in with his big dog this one time...

And, in a very weird, tmi kinda irk, I have dental problems. I'm getting implants but I haven't been healing well on the upper half so I'd been wearing these dentures that didn't fit because of a gag reflex. The glue came off easily so I went without it a lot.

Anyway, I used to do a lot of sucking on crackers or m&ms or whatever until they melted in my mouth and I could swallow them because of the lack of being able to chew. My dentist fixed the upper denture so it fits better and now it's REALLY hard to come off and I'm able to kinda chew again and eating takes me like a quarter of the time because I'm not letting things melt in my mouth so...I'm probably eating more. :)
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    When people soak themselves in perfume or cologne before going somewhere where you will be in close contact with other people...theaters, restaurants, etc.

When these events were restricted for so long, I almost forgot how bad this can be.

In restaurants, I have asked to change tables due to intense scents from nearby diners. It has ruined some theatre experiences for me...eyes watering, throat burning.

Wearing a mask actually helps a bit, so there's an added benefit to COVID protocols. Doesn't help in restaurants though, where you'd like to taste your food instead of the Axe body spray next door.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    When people soak themselves in perfume or cologne before going somewhere where you will be in close contact with other people...theaters, restaurants, etc.

When these events were restricted for so long, I almost forgot how bad this can be.

In restaurants, I have asked to change tables due to intense scents from nearby diners. It has ruined some theatre experiences for me...eyes watering, throat burning.

Wearing a mask actually helps a bit, so there's an added benefit to COVID protocols. Doesn't help in restaurants though, where you'd like to taste your food instead of the Axe body spray next door.

I automatically get suspicious when someone wears that much cologne or perfume. Like, what are they trying to hide under that odoriferous cloud?
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,441 Member
    Television ad for autos with hands free driving.
    Really?
    All that technology so that we can clap along to music while driving?
    So stupid. 🤯
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    I have a general contractor lined up to do some work on the staircase in my home. He and his crew got "hit pretty hard" by COVID and "lost about 2 weeks". Now the work isn't likely to get done before Christmas.

I'm irked. Should I be?
    Is this just life in the era of COVID, or... ?
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,190 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I have a general contractor lined up to do some work on the staircase in my home. He and his crew got "hit pretty hard" by COVID and "lost about 2 weeks". Now the work isn't likely to get done before Christmas.

I'm irked. Should I be?

That's frustrating. Maybe a silver lining will turn out to be that now that they've recovered, they won't need to pause after starting and leave your place in disarray because people are out sick.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member

I'm irked. Should I be?

I'm jealous, I can't even get a contractor to show up to give me a quote, let alone commit to do the work.

Last spring I decided this was the year to get my concrete driveway replaced. It's not a cheap job, particularly as the existing concrete has to be broken up and removed Called the company that did a beautiful job on a driveway in the block next to mine. He said he'd come over and do a quote, never showed up. Called my second choice contractor, same result. Got the name of another reputable company from a coworker, SAME RESULT.

Does nobody want to work any more???
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    ythannah wrote: »

I'm irked. Should I be?

I'm jealous, I can't even get a contractor to show up to give me a quote, let alone commit to do the work.

Last spring I decided this was the year to get my concrete driveway replaced. It's not a cheap job, particularly as the existing concrete has to be broken up and removed Called the company that did a beautiful job on a driveway in the block next to mine. He said he'd come over and do a quote, never showed up. Called my second choice contractor, same result. Got the name of another reputable company from a coworker, SAME RESULT.

I bet it took us 10 calls to 7 different contractors before anyone would come look at the job. But I agree with your point... seems no one wants more work.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member

I'm irked. Should I be?

I bet it took us 10 calls to 7 different contractors before anyone would come look at the job. But I agree with your point... seems no one wants more work.

I'm right there with you. I had a major leak in my (only) bathroom 6 weeks ago and I'm still living with a plywood floor and no sink (I admit I put the work on hold for a couple of weeks). I decided to do the remodel I've been wanting since it's torn up anyway but I need the quote for the repairs for the insurance company plus the quote for the remodel and the guy was here two weeks ago. Still no estimate. He promises next week so we shall see.

If it ever gets done, it will be a really nice bathroom!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member

I'm irked. Should I be?

Oh damn. I don't have that many choices available, at least not good contractors. Driveways don't seem to be a common one, the big companies do forming for construction and the little companies stick to decorative landscaping type stuff.

On the other hand, I did find a fellow to grind out a huge tree stump, first phone call! And the job got done almost on schedule. I was expecting him to drop off his bill when he finished since he was right there in my front yard but two weeks later and still no bill?

Modern business practices bewilder me.