NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld What a nice and relaxing day you had. I need one of those! 😉

@cbabie Awe, I love the story of baby Jesus too! <3 Good luck on stepping on the scale. I’ve been avoiding mine the last couple of days.

@theslightedgeforever Cool, I added your podcasts to my library and I will check them out. I usually listen when I’m up cleaning the church. Yeah, the party is over, but the sugary goodies remain. I did throw some of it away today and I’m moderating myself, which so far seems to be working. Yikes on having a stress fracture on your foot on top of the other issues. I hope the TENS helped.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Bummer about the lights not working on your tree. We had that issue with the top portion of ours so I just wrapped a strand around the burned-out ones. :grin: I hope your GD heals quickly. That is young to have surgery. :/

Hello! Well, DH is home and feeling fine. The biopsy all went really well and took about 5 hours from start to finish. We have an appointment on Monday to find out the results. I went grocery shopping this morning with mom and then wrapped some presents while waiting for DH to call me. I was going to work out, but I didn’t have the energy or the desire. For dinner, I’m making an unstuffed cabbage casserole and I’m looking forward to eating something that is on my plan. :)
    :)
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    @teresaw1020 My weekly ones I listen to are Focus on this, Your Health First, Losing 100 Pounds with Corrine, and Weight Loss Made Real. Focus on this is a setting goals, productivity, podcast. But the rest are about health, diet, and exercise. I learn something every week. Fingers crossed you get quick results that are good. Party is over and now back to your regularly scheduled program.

@gemwolf110 What have you done today to work towards your December goals? Did you get stockings as a child?

@trooworld So how about track the next meal. You need to take care of your health too. Going over on points will not help you. But so easy to do. One of my podcasts this week was talking about whether we are having a good day or a bad day? It's all about perspective. Still goes back to the thoughts we tell ourselves.

@cbabie That's great that you are riding your bike. Regarding your yapper, I can hear mom say "tell the Lord she died". >:) Christmas lights are fun.

I went to my PT appt early this morning. A different one than for my hip. He thinks I might have a stress fracture on top of my foot. Plus the plantar fasciitis/heel spur. He did some TENS on my feet. Showed me some strengthening exercises and other stuff. He says I'm doing everything at home correctly. (Thanks Google and YouTube).

130/164 Yellow
    Exercise-Rest Day

I gained 0.7 from Friday's food. :/

Not much for goals today. It was a manic Monday. Yes my family all hung stockings and stuffed them. My mom still does lol 😂
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,852 Member
    @cbabie I'm sorry you are still struggling with symptoms. Do take care of yourself. I hope the scale is kind to you. I can't really draw real things either, I always draw them cartoony. But I'm working on drawing in a serious manner. :) Aww, baby girl! That warms my heart to think of baby girl and daddy sitting down to paint! <3 I love seeing the lights, too.

@theslightedgeforever I've been tracking since Sunday, all my meals. I just need to tweak what I am eating. Perspective...you are right, I remember when I was younger if one thing went somewhat wrong in the morning, I would tell myself that the whole day was messed up and it usually ended up messed up probably because of my perspective/attitude. Gosh, your poor foot! That's good you are doing everything correctly. What are you going to do about the stress fracture?

@RetiredAndLovingIt Thanks. Yeah, I do like some alone time. Hopefully, you get some soon! That stinks about the lights on your Xmas tree. Hip surgery sounds painful. It would be fun to dog sit, I think. Yes, dogs (no matter what their size) are bed hogs! LOL

@TeresaW1020 I did, it was awesome! I hope you get to have one soon. I'm glad your DH's biopsy went well. 5 hours, that's a long time. That's good you kept busy. I used to make an unstuffed cabbage casserole but I haven't made it in years.

Hi all. I'm so tired. I stayed up late waiting for USPS to bring a package. I kept tracking the package and it said that it was due to be delivered by 9:00 p.m.. Well, 9:00 p.m. came and went and no package. Tracked it and it still said on-time delivery. I couldn't stay up anymore, I'm usually in bed by 7:30 (sometimes earlier). I got up this morning at 4:00 and checked for the package on my stoop. No package. Now the tracking says on the way but late. No more info as to when it will arrive. I will probably be at work if it arrives today. Hopefully, it doesn't get stolen. :(

Traffic was really bad last night on the way home. It took me 1 1/2 hours to get home. Now, mind you, pre-COVID, I would hit that kind of traffic on Thursdays and Fridays and occasionally other days of the week but since COVID, I've not really run into that much traffic. They had one of the freeways around here closed due to an accident. I always feel like I am being robbed of my good traffic day if bad traffic happens on a Monday or Tuesday (those are the lightest traffic days and I usually get home in 45 minutes those days).

When we got home, our fish that I left out to cook was warm and smelled bad so we had to toss it. We ended up ordering pizza. I ate one less slice than I normally eat. Yay me.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,559 Member
    Morning all, well we had Women's Ministry dinner last night. It was fun, but I ate everything on my plate and came home and ate more....so yesterday was a bust. Did get in a bike ride. Getting stronger every day and I think my taste buds are slowing coming back. My middle daughter went with me and we laughed and she also won in the raffle, met another Mother, daughter at our table..so it was fun. Just not diet friendly. LOL. Streets of NY chicken Alfredo, garlic bread, and cheesecake!!!! Oh yea, forgot the salad. LOL. I got on the scale and gained 3 lbs..so have to get it going the other direction.

@TeresaW1020 Glad DH got home and all went well. Praying for good results. I never acquired at taste for cabbage...LOL

@trooworld Great job on the pizza...every good choice is a good choice. LOL Oh how I remember that traffic, so glad I don't have to drive that anymore.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Don't you just hate when someone messes up your plan to enjoy alone time? LOL. Sorry to hear about your GD, hopefully she won't push recovery. My dad just wouldn't listen and ended up with bum legs and arms...LOL. I say take all the time and heal, why go through the pain to have to do it over. LOL.

@gemwolf110 Don't you just love my sisters questions? LOL. I don't remember stockings as a kid..I know we must have...not sure why I can't remember. Seems like our church gave out fruit and candy canes...

@theslightedgeforever Sorry about your foot...you are like dad...I think I still have his TENS..I hope you get better soon. and quit trying to be like dad... :). Well my GD thought I was really going to kill her and told me she would call the cops..LOL. you know how that went. :)

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    @teresaw1020 Your cabbage casserole sounds good. That's great you were able to throw out some goodies. My son brought home a piece of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake. I cut it in half to share with dh. Then I ended up cutting that in half so I could have some today too. I remember the days when I would eat the whole piece by myself and no sharing. Why does the biopsy take so long?

@gemwolf110 Aren't Mondays fun? So today you get another chance to hit some of your December goals. I'm glad to hear that your mom is still stuffing the stockings for you.

@trooworld Yaaay on your tracking. While I obviously can't just sit in a chair all day long, I'm hit and miss on moving around to rest it. He said obviously I have to walk so when I start to feel pain stop and sit down for a few minutes. I'm just not doing walking for exercise right now. I'm wearing my compression boot when I'm in the house. Compression sleeves at night for the plantar fasciitis around my arches. stretching and strengthening of the foot. Occasionally I rub Voltaren on it and/or take an Aleve. You are like me with packages. I hate how they just leave them out for anyone to just pick up and walk away. Just think if you are having a bad traffic day that would be some extra time to listen to an audio book or a nice podcast and learn something. It's all in how we think about things. Remember my thing about the good and bad days? I'm learning that fussing about it is not going to change it but makes me feel worse. Then I in turn make everyone around me feel worse. :) Great job on the pizza.

I have a phone call. I'll be back later.
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm glad you are getting stronger and that you had fun at the dinner. That's great your daughter won the raffle! My work is having their annual raffle this Friday but I haven't won anything in 8 years, I doubt I'll win something this year either lol. The food at the dinner sounds yummy. I would have a hard time stopping, too. Yeah, that traffic, it's awful!

@theslightedgeforever It sounds like you are doing all you can for your poor foot. Yeah, we haven't had anything stolen (yet) but almost. I came home to a couple standing on our stairs while my packages lay at their feet. I asked if I could help them and they just walked away. The lady came back a few minutes later asking me to call the police. I think it was some sort of domestic violence thing so I called. I definitely listen to podcasts and books on my way to/from work. I try to look at it as an opportunity to get further in my book and sometimes that calms me and sometimes it doesn't lol. Thanks for the reminder.

Hi all. Well, I lost some of what I gained last week, I lost -3.6 lbs. I'm very happy about that. Other than that, am back to eating homecooked meals for which I am glad and my stomach is glad for, too. The last day in the office this week is today. I'm glad.

• theslightedgeforever
    edited December 2021
    @retiredandlovingit Yaaaay it looks like you are staying on your plan and losing it. Especially this time of year. Good for you. Grand dogs. That made me laugh. I never heard that expression before. I guess I have a grand cat. My son also shares a house with a pig, 2 dogs, and a cat. E-I-E-I-O I don't like avocado either. That just reminded me of a book I was reading about trying new foods. It was saying you need to try foods more than once. Is it the way it was prepared? Maybe a new way would be better. Maybe that will be a thing for 2022. Try avocado again. We had similar problems with a strand of our lights. Ds got us some that pair with our phone so we can change the color of them or the blinking speed, etc. Evidently, I'm an old school gal and he came home and with a click, they were working? Oh well. I remember the days when I was young if one bulb was bad, the whole string went out and dad was testing every bulb. lol Ouch on your gd hip. I had to go look up labrum. I hope she heals quickly.

@cbabie I think the trick to dinners like the one you went to is to plan around it. You can eat light earlier and then enjoy what you want at the dinner. Or eat light at the dinner. Having a little taste of everything and then enjoying the company around you. Alot of it is our thought process. It could be, "I don't eat like this all the time so I'm going to enjoy myself" or "I've been sick and not eating for weeks, so everything looks so good". Yaaay on burning some calories on your bike.
    Dad would never do the therapy like he was supposed to. lol I ask good questions to our team mates. :) I want this to be a place where we all meet our goals along with developing good friendships. I don't want it to be just a chit-chat group. I'm involved with enough of those. Plus having you all ask me questions helps me along my journey and plan.

@trooworld Woohoo on the weight loss. Lots of time it's mostly sodium bloat. I'm lucky in a way that I don't have big swings. Just tiny swings up and down. Back and forth. Sigh. Hope everything went well with the domestic violence couple. Those can be scary sometimes.

Today is my hubby's bday and I'm having cake. So won't be meeting my red day goal. But my goal is to just have one piece.

Yesterday didn't do well at all. I don't think I thought about having a red day. So I have added a reminder system to my Trello. Since I'm looking at that all day long.

239/100
    52 min cardio, weights, stretching
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever I’m not sure why DH’s biopsy took so long, but they seemed pleased that it wasn’t longer. I would still find it hard to share a Cheesecake Factory cheesecake, so good for you!! Enjoy that birthday cake. :)

@cbabie I’m glad that you got to enjoy a night with your women’s ministry. They are NEVER diet-friendly, are they? :grin:

@trooworld Good going on losing the weight that you had gained! I’m in the midst of trying to make that happen for myself. :/

Hello! I’m home from spending the morning learning the church financials. I’m at the point in my training where I just want to be on my own. Next month is all the end-of-year tax stuff so I’m sure that I will be happy to still be in training. I was going to work out when I came home but I’m being lazy and skipping it. My eating is on point today and I’m really trying to get my head back into a weight loss mindset. I saw some Chico bags in the garage today, which told me that DH has bought me some clothes. I HAVE to be able to fit into them on Christmas morning. 😉
  • cbabie
    Afternoon all, I just realized my morning routine was out of whack and I didn't get on here. I didn't sleep well last night and got up the same time as my daughter and well it messed me up. I did get a shower today, made banana bread, ( the fatting good kind). I have had this recipe for over 40 years..it's the best. LOL. Just haven't went for my bike ride yet. I have to today as it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow. YUCK. I even made myself an egg for breakfast..

@TeresaW1020 I laughed when you said you are ready to be alone in the training part....you and I are cut from the same mold. LOL. I think your mental attitude is good right now..

@trooworld I am glad you called the cops when asked to...sometimes we "don't want to get involved". This time of year either brings the best in people or the worst. Yea on the weight loss.

@theslightedgeforever I agree, I am glad we can all have a relationship here, but we don't fluff, we want to encourage each other...it's like someone with an addiction of anykind, if you don't do the hard stuff, they will continue forever...and sometimes they do anyway, BUT you were the true friend to them if you put boundaries in place. Please take care of your foot.

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    edited December 2021
    1sbevpjgojii.jpeg

It snowed a little bit but huskies are happy to have any amount of snow. I got my booster yesterday and arm is aching the most but have aches pretty much all over and exhausted. Edited to add that I now have a slight fever. Hope everyone has a great day!

Missy
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I can't believe you don't like avocado lol. I love it! :) Yeah, you said it was probably sodium bloat and you were right! The domestic violence couple: that was about 8 months ago. I hope so, too. I think they were homeless. My theory is that they either followed the Amazon guy to our doorstep and were about to steal my packages OR they knew the person that lived at my condo before us and were trying to get ahold of them. I don't tend to give people the benefit of the doubt so I think they were stealing my packages lol. We live in a bad part of town by name of the neighborhood but our part of the neighborhood is pretty low-key: we live at the end of a dead-end street with a lot of single-family homes. Not a lot of bad stuff happening but occasionally, something wacky does happen. I hope you enjoyed the cake, happy bday to your hubby! That was a good idea to add a reminder to Trello. What went wrong?

@TeresaW1020 What is tripping you up? Yeah, I bet the end-of-the-year stuff is going to be crazy busy. Ooh Chico! Yes, you need to fit into those beautiful clothes!

@cbabie It's hard when you get out of the routine. I love routine! Yum to the banana bread. You want to share your secret recipe? :D It's supposed to rain here, too. :( Yeah, one reason I called the cops is that I was alone and afraid but I've also been in domestic violence situations so I know that end, too, and wanted to help out. That incident with the couple happened about 8 months ago. Nothing like that has happened since then, luckily.

@gemwolf110 I bet they love the snow. Oh gosh, I hope you feel better soon!

Hi all. I have an appointment with the neurologist this morning. Hopefully, we can figure out what is going on with the explosive migraines when I work out. It's supposed to rain today. I like the rain but not the leaky windows. Food wasn't so good yesterday. My meals weren't terrible but I did snack on stuff that was terrible.

• gemwolf110
    trooworld wrote: »
    @theslightedgeforever I can't believe you don't like avocado lol. I love it! :) Yeah, you said it was probably sodium bloat and you were right! The domestic violence couple: that was about 8 months ago. I hope so, too. I think they were homeless. My theory is that they either followed the Amazon guy to our doorstep and were about to steal my packages OR they knew the person that lived at my condo before us and were trying to get ahold of them. I don't tend to give people the benefit of the doubt so I think they were stealing my packages lol. We live in a bad part of town by name of the neighborhood but our part of the neighborhood is pretty low-key: we live at the end of a dead-end street with a lot of single-family homes. Not a lot of bad stuff happening but occasionally, something wacky does happen. I hope you enjoyed the cake, happy bday to your hubby! That was a good idea to add a reminder to Trello. What went wrong?

@TeresaW1020 What is tripping you up? Yeah, I bet the end-of-the-year stuff is going to be crazy busy. Ooh Chico! Yes, you need to fit into those beautiful clothes!

@cbabie It's hard when you get out of the routine. I love routine! Yum to the banana bread. You want to share your secret recipe? :D It's supposed to rain here, too. :( Yeah, one reason I called the cops is that I was alone and afraid but I've also been in domestic violence situations so I know that end, too, and wanted to help out. That incident with the couple happened about 8 months ago. Nothing like that has happened since then, luckily.

@gemwolf110 I bet they love the snow. Oh gosh, I hope you feel better soon!

Hi all. I have an appointment with the neurologist this morning. Hopefully, we can figure out what is going on with the explosive migraines when I work out. It's supposed to rain today. I like the rain but not the leaky windows. Food wasn't so good yesterday. My meals weren't terrible but I did snack on stuff that was terrible.

Hope appointment goes well! Temp went up more. Took some Tylenol and working from home today. Don’t want to take pto just for a reaction to the shot
  • cbabie
    Banana bread recipe: I have the ingredients, but somewhere along the years, I lost the "time" to cook in a loaf pan. LOL. I put this in a large bowl and mix until all mixed together. I have made it in a cake pan, a loaf pan what ever I had and depending on how much batter. (Like this time I had SO many bananas and didn't want to throw away...so I doubled the recipe and put it in 2 cake pans..LOL.
    bake at 350, I usually bake a loaf for about 45 - 60 min depending on how big the loaf pan is and and the cake pan was for 30 min..

2 cups flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    1 cup mashed bananas ( I usually just throw 3 bananas in)
    1/2 cup shortening (Crisco)
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vinegar + milk to + 1/2 cup.

Mix all that together until mixed and put in a greased/floured pan. ( or I use parchment paper) LOL

Bake at 350 until done.

I have been making this since I was a teenager. My Best friend and I would have sleep overs and bake...she ended up being my SIL. LOL
  • cbabie
    Morning all: I didn't sleep too well last night, but I am up and hoping to just relax. Baby girl and I are still in recovery. But I am starting to taste food again and now I just have to get the strength up to get some healthy food. I am cooking whatever we have here.. I can't seem to get up the desire to face a grocery store and bagging and bringing home and putting away. LOL. It's supposed to rain all day here. So it's a perfect day to have chili (except I don't have all the ingredients.). LOL I might have all the stuff to make veg soup..YUM..we will see. Went on a 6 min ride last night it was dark and cold..so just came home. The Christmas lights were pretty to see...Maybe take baby girl out this weekend walking and looking.

@trooworld I hope the Dr helps you figure out what is going on in your head..My DH seems to always have a headache right now. It causes me concern..but he won't go to a DR...so like I tell him..when you end up in a hospital...don't expect me to come visit. LOL. (kidding) I will be praying for clarity for. you!!!

@gemwolf110 I hope you feel better tomorrow! I don't blame you for not wanting to take a PTO day. LOL. I think that's the one thing positive out of covid..we learned a different way to work.

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 How can you reframe" weight loss mindset"? I was thinking about being on or off. What about always being on but with some modifications? I know you've heard about it takes more energy for the AC to be turned on and off to cool down a room versus just leaving it at a high temp during the day when you aren't home and then turn it down later when you return. Modifications. oooh Chico's bag. This is the first year I didn't buy anything from Chicos. I don't know if my styles are changing. I just didn't find anything that said wow to me.

@cbabie So think about your goals this week and how that banana bread fits into your goals. What are your goals, by the way? How much is enough to satisfy your sweet tooth? What can you do with ripe bananas other than make banana bread. That's what I usually think of when the bananas are leftover. But that's not exactly healthy. I use same recipe but butter instead of Crisco and no vinegar.

@gemwolf110 I hope you feel better soon. I'm going to get my booster next month. So far I've been lucky with all my covid and shingles vaccines where I wasn't really affected other than a sore arm on the last shingles shot. But I immediately come home and start Tylenol therapy every 4 hours for 24 hours so that probably has something to do with it. Your doggies look like they love the snow. At first I was looking at the pic thinking, is that a bobcat? lol

@trooworld You are like me. I'm suspicious by nature. I drive my family nuts. What went wrong with my red day? I guess I wasn't just thinking what day is this. Some colors never change like the weekend, so I know exactly what those are, but red days change because during the 6 week period, I could have 2-4 red days. But I added a "plan meal" task to my morning schedule after my journaling, so I shouldn't have any more problems knowing what day it is. So what led to your snacking on junk?

163/100
    52 min dance video, stretching
  • gemwolf110
    Yeah taking more Tylenol. Not doing this again. Just going to find a permanent work from home job and stay away from ppl who aren’t family
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 Thanks! I'm sorry you are still feeling bad. My work gives us PTO specifically for the shots and for COVID.

@cbabie Thank you for the recipe! The next time I have an excess amount of bananas, I'm making this! I have a question: when you say "milk to + 1/2 cup" what do you mean? Do you add 1 tsp vinegar to 1/2 cup of milk? I'm glad you are getting your tastebuds back. It rained most of the day here yesterday. I had chili for breakfast yesterday lol...I couldn't face eating steel-cut oats yet again this week. I will today, though. I hope you can convince your DH to go to the doctor about the headaches, that could be a sign of something going on. Thank you!

@theslightedgeforever lol yeah I drive my husband crazy, too. :) That's good you added that task to your schedule. What led to the snacking on junk is that I didn't have enough snacks with me and I got extremely hungry.

Hi all. Well, the neurologist went over my 2009 brain scans and said they all look healthy. She also did a physical exam and that looked good too. She wants to run some more brain scans to make sure nothing else is going on before she puts me on a different medication. She asked if I was claustrophobic and I said somewhat yes. She asked if I would be okay in a CAT scan for 45 minutes and I said we could try it. I honestly don't know if I'll be okay with that. So now I wait for the imagining department to call me to schedule the appt. Other than that, I ate chili for breakfast yesterday because I'm sick of what I've been making all week. I'm fine with that because chili is lower points than my breakfast (steel-cut oats with fruit). I didn't snack yesterday until my DH broke out Pepperidge Farms cookies after dinner that he brought home from work. I had some.

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I home that the CAT scan can help the doctor find out what is going on with your migraines. 45 minutes is a long time to lay there in that machine. You just need to breathe and mediate while in there and you will get through it. DH and I finished off the Pepperidge Farm cookies that I had from my party last night. Tasty little devils, aren’t they? >:)

@gemwolf110 Yikes on your reaction to the booster. I was encouraging my DH to get it but now I’m not sure if he should, with his other health issues going on. We will have to ask his doctor. I hope you feel better today! <3

@theslightedgeforever Once again, you have challenged me with your wisdom. Modification is a good way to think about how to handle the rest of this month. I sure wish I had been doing that all along. But there are still 21 days left of the month, so it’s not too late for me. I'm just not starting today. :p

@cbabie Sorry you didn’t sleep well. We are looking at rain most of the day here too and it’s cold. I’m making a white chicken chili tomorrow and a beef chili for Christmas Eve. I imagine baby girl loves the Christmas lights, doesn’t she? :)

Good morning! Well, I’m up .6 this week, which isn’t as bad as I had feared. This evening, we have the staff Christmas party, which thankfully isn’t at my house. I’m bringing ham & cheese sliders and cowboy caviar. After I work out and get ready, DH and I are going downtown to look at rings. He really wants to upgrade my wedding rings as a Christmas present. Yes, he is the best! <3 We are also going to go to lunch at Taqueria Tsunami, which is one of my favorite places to eat. I’ve been craving fish tacos! So, today should be fun, if it doesn’t rain too hard on us.
  • gemwolf110
    @trooworld I home that the CAT scan can help the doctor find out what is going on with your migraines. 45 minutes is a long time to lay there in that machine. You just need to breathe and mediate while in there and you will get through it. DH and I finished off the Pepperidge Farm cookies that I had from my party last night. Tasty little devils, aren’t they? >:)

@gemwolf110 Yikes on your reaction to the booster. I was encouraging my DH to get it but now I’m not sure if he should, with his other health issues going on. We will have to ask his doctor. I hope you feel better today! <3

@theslightedgeforever Once again, you have challenged me with your wisdom. Modification is a good way to think about how to handle the rest of this month. I sure wish I had been doing that all along. But there are still 21 days left of the month, so it’s not too late for me. I'm just not starting today. :p

@cbabie Sorry you didn’t sleep well. We are looking at rain most of the day here too and it’s cold. I’m making a white chicken chili tomorrow and a beef chili for Christmas Eve. I imagine baby girl loves the Christmas lights, doesn’t she? :)

Good morning! Well, I’m up .6 this week, which isn’t as bad as I had feared. This evening, we have the staff Christmas party, which thankfully isn’t at my house. I’m bringing ham & cheese sliders and cowboy caviar. After I work out and get ready, DH and I are going downtown to look at rings. He really wants to upgrade my wedding rings as a Christmas present. Yes, he is the best! <3 We are also going to go to lunch at Taqueria Tsunami, which is one of my favorite places to eat. I’ve been craving fish tacos! So, today should be fun, if it doesn’t rain too hard on us.

I just react to the shot where other people I know they had no reaction. Like my dad he got all 3 and not a single reaction. Guess it depends on a persons immune system. Not sure if it means I got a strong one or a weak one lol. Better to be safe than sorry. And I bet the reaction to the shot is a lot more mild to actually getting covid. So I’ll take the shot over covid. Or just hibernate until this is all over. Lol. I do feel better than yesterday just a bit achy and slight fever.
  • gemwolf110
    trooworld wrote: »
    @gemwolf110 Thanks! I'm sorry you are still feeling bad. My work gives us PTO specifically for the shots and for COVID.

@cbabie Thank you for the recipe! The next time I have an excess amount of bananas, I'm making this! I have a question: when you say "milk to + 1/2 cup" what do you mean? Do you add 1 tsp vinegar to 1/2 cup of milk? I'm glad you are getting your tastebuds back. It rained most of the day here yesterday. I had chili for breakfast yesterday lol...I couldn't face eating steel-cut oats yet again this week. I will today, though. I hope you can convince your DH to go to the doctor about the headaches, that could be a sign of something going on. Thank you!

@theslightedgeforever lol yeah I drive my husband crazy, too. :) That's good you added that task to your schedule. What led to the snacking on junk is that I didn't have enough snacks with me and I got extremely hungry.

Hi all. Well, the neurologist went over my 2009 brain scans and said they all look healthy. She also did a physical exam and that looked good too. She wants to run some more brain scans to make sure nothing else is going on before she puts me on a different medication. She asked if I was claustrophobic and I said somewhat yes. She asked if I would be okay in a CAT scan for 45 minutes and I said we could try it. I honestly don't know if I'll be okay with that. So now I wait for the imagining department to call me to schedule the appt. Other than that, I ate chili for breakfast yesterday because I'm sick of what I've been making all week. I'm fine with that because chili is lower points than my breakfast (steel-cut oats with fruit). I didn't snack yesterday until my DH broke out Pepperidge Farms cookies after dinner that he brought home from work. I had some.

I could have used my PTO BUT I rather save that for actual fun time off lol