What's on your mind?

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    lx1x wrote: »
    It's 21 days til Christmas and I've bought 2 gifts. That's it!!

I don't think I'm any better. I have no idea what to get my kids this year.

The panic is setting in. I've hardly any days off from work between now and Christmas 😏

Amazon.. online shopping..😆

100% this. I finished my shopping mid-November (before Black Friday). Now I get to kick back and wait for them to trickle in and wrap them as I go. No having to rush around, dealing with stupid people or stupid traffic in this horrible black hole city of traffic and injury lawsuits.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I pick my grocery order up this morning ( ordered it Monday) and there's possibly a few treats in there.. Im excited 😃

Yeh, and you probably didn't even share did you?? Hiding it all under your pillow for later I'm sure. :)

I ate it within 1 hour of getting home 😄
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,426 Member
    It's 21 days til Christmas and I've bought 2 gifts. That's it!!

I don't think I'm any better. I have no idea what to get my kids this year.

The panic is setting in. I've hardly any days off from work between now and Christmas 😏

Amazon.. online shopping..😆

I didn’t use Amazon but I bought all my gifts online and they’ve all been delivered.
    Only one order screwed up.
    The boxes though, crap on a cracker, so many boxes to break down. 🤨
  • honey_honey_12
    The silent treatment.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Nothing says "I give up" like a gift card...
  • KosmosKitten
    edited December 2021
    yukfoo wrote: »
    Nothing says "I give up" like a gift card...

Depends on the person, really: I would much rather get gift cards than kitsch crap or items I can't use or will probably send to a thrift store in January.
    My parents at are at the point in their lives where they prefer gift cards because they have too much stuff and don't need/want anything else, however, they still appreciate well-thought out gifts for things they like or use.
    Myself, I'd prefer gift cards to useless crap, but.. I am always open to soaps, candles, skeins of yarn, crafting supplies and books so there are plenty of non-expensive things people can shop for if they don't want to do gift cards.
    I do enjoy "the hunt" of finding something special for people I know, but I still default to gift cards to restaurants, movie theaters, coffee shops to give those I care about an "experience" they can share, particularly for my parents.
    And for those of us who live thousands of miles away from our gift recipients, it saves on postage to send smaller, but useful items. So I guess it really just depends on who you are and what your aim is.
  • honey_honey_12
    How incredibly dull this place has become.
  • KosmosKitten
    How incredibly dull this place has become.

It's almost a ghost town after the update. I was hoping some of the folks would return, but they must have just *really* hated the new layout. :D
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    The update certainly, but it's also a busy time of year. Stressful, hurried. Plus, a place can lose its popularity and enjoyment for people. I've taken breaks from forums before, sometimes I go back. Sometimes not.
  • KosmosKitten
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    The update certainly, but it's also a busy time of year. Stressful, hurried. Plus, a place can lose its popularity and enjoyment for people. I've taken breaks from forums before, sometimes I go back. Sometimes not.

Ah, yes.. I forget other people actually get to visit their families and friends. That's never an option for me.
  • Sweet_A
    Sweet_A Posts: 7,694 Member
    His message! 💙
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    excited to try weighted negatives later this week
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    I've been out of work for a while, it's time to get myself back. My kids are all at full time school, I'm in a good place with my mental health and my dog is now ok to be left for a few hours. This morning I've completed and passed a catering course and I'm looking forward to trying something new. I've sent off a few job applications so fingers crossed.

Glad to hear you are doing so well. Fingers crossed for you!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    yearly two week time off coming.

Work called.. vacation cancelled 😄
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    yearly two week time off coming.

Does that mean you're hosting the MFP pizza party this year?