Women 200lb+, Let's Be Dynamic This December!!!

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited December 2021
    MeowScout wrote: »
    Friday Weigh In!
    PW 254
    WI 252.5 (-1.5)

I survived today! I had a light breakfast and lunch, and then had pizza. But this evening I was hungry. I took a page out of my olden days WW toolkit: celery and tomatoes and yoghurt ranch dressing. So 100 cal over but I met all my other weekly goals and even got 6800 steps in.

I hope all of you have a great weekend. I am sure I’ll be checking in!

Unless you're aiming to lose at a rate of 1/5 of a pound per week, in which case ~100cal/day would be your whole deficit, going over even by that much is still coming in under maintenance for the day, which is still a victory!

Time for my own Saturday Weigh-In...

Height: 5'3"
    SW: 252.8 (11/13/2020)
    CW: 203.4 (11/27/2021)
    12/4: 201.4
    12/11:
    12/18:
    12/25:
    GW for December/2021: 196
    UGW: 144 by end of 2022

Heck. I was hoping to see a one on that scale this morning. At least the Thanksgiving jump is gone and it took some friends with it. 196 is feeling a little bit more ambitious now, but again, I'll be happy as long as I get and stay in Onederland, honestly.

I really had a good time participating in the r/LoseIt Cryptid Hunt challenge in October and November, so I stuck around on the Discord server after it was over and I'll probably sign up for the next one as well. To pass the time and help everyone stay on-track between official Challenges, they do Saturday step goal mini-challenges - not quite the Ultrawalkathon, but it's a challenge on the app Stridekick where you set a step goal and compete against other teams to meet or exceed your collective goal. I set my goal for 12k steps today and earned the bulk of those revisiting a natural area. Last time I was there was over the summer, which is the rainy season here, so parts of the trail were a little flooded; it IS a wetland, so like, that's to be expected, but I still don't love walking around with wet shoes and socks. I figured since we've had a good week or so with no rain, the trail would be fine today, and I was right, it was not flooded in any places. But, the thing I did forget about and failed to anticipate was dew. Condensation. About ten steps in and my toes were soaked; by the time I got back to the car, I was covered in wet sand from the knees down and I could feel the water sloshing and squelching around in my shoes. So, lesson learned, no matter what time of year it is, if I want to go to this natural area early in the morning, I should plan to wear my waterproof boots. Probably if I had gone later in the day it would have been fine. Like, it's around 12:30 now for me, so the trail is probably bone-dry at this point. I peeled my socks and shoes off when I got home and carefully set them on the dehumidifier, and once they're done drying I should be able to brush the rest of the sand off.
  • jaded989
    jaded989 Posts: 160 Member
    Height: 5'4
    SW: 224.9 (09/6/2021)
    CW: 195 (12/3/2021)
    GW for December: 188
    GW for 2021: 188
    UGW: 135
    12/3: 195
    12/10:
    12/17:
    12/24:
    12/31:

Main December goal - to make it through the holidays
    Add an additional 30 minute walk to my daily routine- wasn't consistent in November
    Add some strength training.
    And just keeping up the good habits I am developing.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited December 2021
    I'm back. Mary from Pennsylvania
    64 Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs, hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my off work days(3) and 3 meals on my work days, exercise on my 3 off work days. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs

My December goal is 5 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/5/21-
    12/12/21-
    12/19/21-
    12/26/21-
    01/01/22-

December loss-
    Total loss to date-78.8 lbs
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    Howdy! I ate a little weird today, but tracked and came in at calories. Still, diet soda is junk! 🤪 Tomorrow back to yummy healthy. I also went to Zumba this morning which is a great way to get 6000 steps out of the way first thing!
    Speaking of discord ( @goal06082021 ) I have just gotten onto it recently for NaNoWriMo. Is there an mfp or F2F discord?
    Ciao!
  • goal06082021
    @MeowScout I'm not aware of any official MFP discord(s), nor is there one for this group in particular afaik. But, if you're on Reddit, the r/LoseItChallenges sub leadership sets up Discord servers for each team during the challenge, and then afterward you get invited to join the main server to hang out and keep your momentum up until the next one. I think/hope/assume there will be another challenge starting soon, but the Cryptid Hunt was my first challenge so I have no idea what the general schedule is for them.
  • congdon18
    congdon18 Posts: 3 Member
    Almost 44 yo 5’3”
    SW 243 (11/20/2020)
    CW 164.9
    December goals:
    -Continue to plan meals in advance, make grocery lists, have ingredients ready
    -Cook meals that consist of no processed food and freeze a serving of leftovers to eat the next week
    -Organize my spice cabinet
    -Organize my recipes
    -Focus on spending time with my family and friends at gatherings, instead of the main focus being on the food
    -Enjoy small bites and small portions of holiday indulgences and don't keep leftovers around or in my house
    -Get outside and walk when the sun is shining
    -Maintain my current weight until after the holidays are over

Trust the process and remember, processed food is junk food and portion control is key.
  • swimmom_1
    I'm back. Mary from Pennsylvania
    64 Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs, hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my off work days(3) and 3 meals on my work days, exercise on my 3 off work days. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs

My December goal is 5 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs

12/5/21-171.8 lbs As of yesterday I AM NO LONGER OBESE! I AM OVERWEIGHT! Also am wearing size 10 jeans but found a brand new pair of 8's with Tags on and I just had to try them. I zipped them right up, no trouble. My flabby belly though hangs out bad over the waistband, so need to do abdominal crunches.
    12/12/21-
    12/19/21-
    12/26/21-
    01/01/22-

December loss to date-4.4 lbs
    Total loss to date-83.2 lbs

• BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited December 2021
    Hey all! Just stopped by to correct my December tracker as I had the dates wrong 🙃 - however this did achieve one of my retirement goals (to genuinely not know what day it is 😂).

@swimmom_1 - nice 👌 drop!

@congdon18 - wow, your progress in one year is so inspiring!

Age 61 / height 5' 4.5"

Aug 13/2021 - 298.8 (SW & ATH)
    November  - 272.2 (Down 26.6)

Dec 1 - 271 4
    Dec 3 - 270.4
    Dec 10
    Dec 17
    Dec 24
    Dec 31

Weight goal for December - 30 lbs down and keep that loss into the New Year!

I usually weigh in daily when at home, but will record weekly, trying for Fridays (if I slept at home Thursday night to weigh in next morning - been staying over at my daughter's a lot lately and she has no scale - Santa might bring her one 😁)

Other goals:
    [  ] Go for minimum 15 minute walk each day, indoors or out - missed Dec 1, but accomplished Dec 2-6
    [  ] Get my water in, minimum 6 cups - ✔
    [  ] Focus on adequate protein in my diet, especially seafood - work in progress
    [  ] Get Christmas stuff done!!! (finish my Spotify playlist ✔, decorating outside ✔, decorating inside, cleaning, shopping,  planning outings - I love Christmas but it's a lot)
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    @MeowScout - 100 over is a win in my book. You're still under maintenance and managed to salvage the day!

@lmgoff232 - as a fellow tall plus-sizer, I feel your pain. I hope you were able to find success at REI. If not, I've had luck at Columbia for some of my travels.

@goal06082021 - you're so close! I hope you make it to Onederland next week. And I'm so glad to hear that your husband is improving rapidly. I like the r/Loseit community, but haven't ever explored Discord. Maybe I'll give it a try!

@swimmom_1 - Congrats!!! Jumping down from obese to overweight is super exciting!!

• tahitig
    tahitig Posts: 31 Member
    Question for @swimmom_1 :

Your messages show that you recently lost 10 pounds within a month, several times.
    Could I ask how many grams of carbs you are budgeting for each day?

I think I might have a misunderstanding about just what constitutes a low-carb diet.

And congratulations on getting yourself below that big 30 BMI -- that's a big deal !
  • swimmom_1
    edited December 2021
    @tahitig
    I'm doing a combo of things:
    -1000-1200 calories/day
    -15 grams Net Carbs +/- 3 grams (some days it falls as low as 7-9) So keto low (not low carb low) but let the Fat and Protein fall where they may. But I do get protein at every meal. (When I was trying to do Keto, I had trouble getting all the % fat, someone on low carber told me to just watch my carbs and let the fat & protein, fall where they may. Just seems to be working for me and just had tons of labs done and all are great except my cholesterol elevated some, but I've been on statins for years d/t my bad family history.)
    -2 meals on my non-work days instead of 3 (Eat after my elliptical exercise, so kind of intermittent fasting).
    -Lots of time on my Elliptical (3.5 + hours now, built up to it, so about 2600 calories burned-per MFP app)on my days off (3/week) making up for no exercising on work days
    -At least 70 ozs of water.

So work days I drink a low carb protein shake for breakfast, lunch is a chef salad, dinner is meat and veggie and sometimes a snack with leftover calories available. Like sugar free jello with homemade whipped cream from heavy cream.
    Off days after my elliptical, 2 egg omlette with spinach, pepper, and cheese and some bacon ( its lunch time to early afternoon by then) supper meat and veggie and then snack if leftover calories. On these days I usually am up to 1300-1400 calories. I do not eat back my exercise calories. Definitely not for everyone! And some will probably disagree with it but it's working for me. And I feel very good and labs are good levels. Dr is ok with it after lab results.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @swimmom_1 congrats on being overweight!! 💥

@seltzer_lover awesome loss!🎉

@MeowScout I just recently got my hair cut for the first time in 2 years and it feels great!

• December can be challenging for me, as my birthday is in December, and there are several family get-togethers around Christmas.

But I'm sidestepping cake and such by taking my boyfriend's mom (future in-law) and my mother to lunch as a gift to myself, and because I can usually go out to eat and stay within a rational portion, that's not so bad calorically. Those are a week separate. I'm also hosting Christmas dinner for my in-laws, and I can make sure that what I make is good and falls into my calorie budget.

I'm also seeing my endocrinologist and I'm going to ask to get my thyroid medication increased a bit. My eyebrows are regrowing, and my shins are less puffy, but I'm still having to work not to gain, and that shouldn't be happening if I'm eating between 1500-1800 calories. At that rate I should be seeing a slow drift downward. I'm also still dealing with a lot of feeling physically heavy and exhausted most of the time, and that will correct when I get on the right dose of replacement hormone.

Next month I get the rest of my thyroid taken out, which is good because it's stepped up to giving me the sensation that I have a slightly sore throat, and I'd rather that didn't keep going.

Next month also I see a plastic surgeon about getting a breast reduction. If they do want me to lose more weight before they'll do it, once my thyroid gets put in order, I don't mind a bit. I want to lose more anyway.

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,645 Member
    Hey all! Just stopped by to correct my December tracker as I had the dates wrong 🙃 - however this did achieve one of my retirement goals (to genuinely not know what day it is 😂).

LOL!!! Yes, after 7 years of retirement I have MORE than mastered that retirement goal :D It's pretty awesome except I can never remember my weigh in day and then I don't think about what day it is, so it's kind of a double whammy!!!
  • regcal966
    regcal966 Posts: 21 Member
    Melissa
    5’4”, 40 years old
    SW 231
    GW 150
    CW 224.8

December Goal: 218
    WI Mondays
    11/29- 231
    12/6- 224.8
    12/13
    12/21
    12/27

December Goals
    Lower blood sugar fasting level
    Lose 7 lbs
    Start an evening walking routine

I was just diagnosed diabetic 2 weeks ago. Haven’t had an appointment with my Dr yet but I’ve been tracking blood sugars, they are not great. Can’t seem to get them lower even going very low carb. But I’m going to continue to eat better and try to lose weight this month and hope that helps with my blood sugars. I go to the dr last week in December and I hope I won’t need to go on medicine and be able to control it with diet 🤞
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    SW: 260lbs
    CW: 260lbs (December 1st, 2021)
    GW1: 240lbs
    GW2: 215lbs
    GW3: 200lbs
    UGW4: 185lbs

💜Hello, Ladies!

I've made it back! I'm starting everything up again because I gained back the weight I'd lost. But that's alright because I'm ready to tackle this again. Here are my goals for the month:

❄Gym - swim 4x a week
    ❄Log all food - daily
    ❄Take vitamins - daily
    ❄Stretch - daily
    ❄Pescatarian - daily

I had a good first week and managed to hit all my goals except stretching. This is more to get back into the groove of mindfulness and yoga, which I hope to start in the new year.

I'm planning to have strength training days at the gym, but I want to establish a pattern of going frequently by tricking myself into doing something I love in the first few weeks. Right now, I can do 10 laps in 35 minutes, which is mostly me resting between laps. I'm excited to monitor my progress and my first goal is to be able to swim two consecutive laps without stopping.

I plan to weigh myself twice a month, on the 15th and the 31st, because sometimes I can get too hung up on the numbers.

In seven months, I have a trip planned to NYC and a dress that I wore there three years ago that currently doesn't fit. The last time I wore it, I was about 45lbs lighter. So that's my current motivation.

Everyone's doing a fantastic job this month and you ladies inspire me to no end! 💜
  • goal06082021
    danikat15 wrote: »
    I've fully hit a plateau. I've lost and then found the same half pound every day since Nov 30th despite being really careful and weighing and logging EVERYTHING. I weigh every day to hold myself accountable but dang it.... it's making me feel a bit disappointed and frustrated. I feel like I'm doing something majorly wrong since the weight just melted off the last few months and then all of a sudden, bam! Like I hit a wall. I'm going to skip weighing in tomorrow for my sanity and weigh in Friday for here. But I might hold off after that.

I AM proud that despite this setback, I haven't thrown my hands up in the air and just completely gone off the rails. I've stuck with the plan.

I am also proud of you for sticking to it!

Seven days isn't a plateau, though - that's just bodies being how they do. Especially bodies with hormone cycles be how they do sometimes, and especially if you're weighing *daily,* you're absolutely losing and finding a half-pound of water, not fat. (One stupid measly little pint of water weighs a whole pound. Just two little cups! Weigh a pound!) It's frustrating for sure, but you haven't plateaued so much as you're just standing on a big rock on your way down the weight-loss mountain.

Also, if it's been a while (~15lb or so) since you recalculated your calorie budget, maybe it's time to revisit that? Your calorie needs go down about 5 cal/day for every pound you lose, so if you lose 20lb, whatever your maintenance calories was when you started is now reduced by ~100 cal/day - that's ~20% of your deficit, if you're aiming for 1lb per week loss, and nearly half your deficit if you're aiming for half a pound a week.