Serial Starters

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,782 Member
    Hi... trying to figure out if this thread is active or not.

5'0" working on Maintaining..... had a bunion surgery last Dec (2020) and that whole thing had me up 4-5#. Its taken a LOT of me to get that off....tiny changes here and there.
    Me:
    Sherry -50yrs. Hypothyroid (numbers are all Screwed up RN and I'm super hypothyroid)
    Live in : Tennessee (Memphis metro).
    Married: Since 1994 (over 25yrs)
    Kids: 1 boy (24yr) 1 girl (22yr)
    Both kids were living on their own for 2 years, now they've joined us in our 2 bedroom condo in TN. since May/June. Love having them in my house, very hard for me to say "get your own place".

Goal....101.0 - 105.0
    Ideal... 104.0
    CW...105.0 (last week Wed)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Dec 2021 GW: 104.0

June 2020 wt. 108.0 ish
    Dec 2020 wt: 105.0
    Jan 2019 wt: 101.0
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Welcome to the group! Yes we usually are.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Good morning,

I lost Tuesday - bad girl.

Went to Target to use a well appreciated gift card. I stopped dealing with the Christmas Crazies and am just amazed at how much energy people have to shop.

Got some gingermen crunchy gingerbread cookies - otherwise I dont see gingerbread for the holidays.

Sherry - yes we are holidays get a little slow, but you are very welcome to post and stop by. Missy has been fabulous posting pictures of her dogs and Christmas things.

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Hi Sherry from Memphis 👋🏻 Welcome!

Hi Missy 👋🏻

Sara! Gingermen! 👍🏻😁
  • LanaCabana537
    zqxnref7ym68.jpeg
    *** December 8th ***

It's the middle of the week! I hope that everyone has a good day today.

I'm flying back home this morning. Not looking forward to the isolation, but definitely looking forward to more healthy eating options and having a car to go get them!

See you on the flip side 🌴

Lana
    263.0 today
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Hi... trying to figure out if this thread is active or not.

Me:
    Sherry -50yrs. Hypothyroid (numbers are all Screwed up RN and I'm super hypothyroid)
    Live in : Tennessee (Memphis metro).

Hi, Sherry! Welcome!!!!

Drop by any time. We do have fun here. More general support than weight loss.

Tracy here. 54 years old, Hashimoto's, 5'1"

Live in : Newbern, TN (75 miles north of you), but I lived in Frayser until I was 11.

We won't talk about the shape I'm in right now. I have some life things to straighten back out before I can start working on myself again.

Do the best you can in your situation.

Tracy in Tennessee
  • SherryRueter
    Accountability: Back and Core

Thanks for the welcome!

My Workout is done. Smart food choices yesterday with the exception of some chocolate(300 cals).
    Today I have a work lunch, at least the menu has chicken, baked potato and salad greens on it. So the only thing I need to modify is the portion sizes. I'm attempting to reduce dairy and gluten as a way to help my thyroid, so I'm keeping that in mind....maybe skip dessert (We shall see!). I mean, I know skipping it would be the right choice, or just having 2 bites. BUT knowing and doing are 2 different things.

Felt really strong doing ab roll outs with my sliders (sometimes I use a towel on the hardwood floor). 10 reps, then a back move, then 10 more reps, and repeated several times. I wrote it down so I can remember to do it again next week.

Cooler temps here today, hoping tonight to get in a mall walk or something....hate the darker days and the colder/windy temps.

I like to post daily, probably not on the weekends.
  • gemwolf110 wrote: »
    Good Morning 🌞☀️😃 didn’t nap yesterday but got a decent start in decorating

Love the pics!! Looking very festive!! :smiley:

• Hi everyone! Hope you all are having a great week so far :) Just wanted to check in. As of right now, I seem to be maintaining my weight. It was TOM over the weekend & some over snacking happened. I'm waiting to see the water weight come off from both the hormones and increased sodium/carb intake. That usually takes a couple days. So we'll see!

The holidays sure are coming up quick!! This Saturday my cousin & her 2 year old son are coming over to decorate/frost christmas cookies with my family. That should be fun, but full of temptaion. I love frosted cookies! PLUS, we will be enjoying some hot cocoa as well. Tis the season! Talk about sugar overload. I plan on eating light in the morning to make up for any splurging during the day/evening.

Wish me luck! lol Honestly at the point I'd be happy with maintaining this month. My birthday is on the 18th, so I will be indulging a bit.... then Christmas is the following week.... I'm hoping New Years will spur up some motivation. My husband is on board with eating better after the holidays, so that might help :)

We'll see! All I know is that giving up is not an option!

November SW: 160.0 lb
    December SW: 159.0 lb
    December GW: 155.0 lb

Current Weight: 159.6 lb
  • gemwolf110
    edited December 2021
    1sbevpjgojii.jpeg

It snowed a little bit but huskies are happy to have any amount of snow. I got my booster yesterday and arm is aching the most but have aches pretty much all over and exhausted. Edit to add that I now have a fever boo. Hope everyone has a great day!

Missy
  • LanaCabana537

Oh dear Missy! I hope that you don't have to work today with those booster side effects! If you do, maybe they'll send you home.

Waving to Sara and Tracy and Britt and Sherry and everyone else who stops by today 👋🏻

I need to get ready for an appointment - BBL

Lana

263.0 today
  • gemwolf110
    edited December 2021
    Oh dear Missy! I hope that you don't have to work today with those booster side effects! If you do, maybe they'll send you home.

Waving to Sara and Tracy and Britt and Sherry and everyone else who stops by today 👋🏻

I need to get ready for an appointment - BBL

Lana

263.0 today

I ended up staying home and working from home don’t want to use pto for just a reaction to a shot. I did take 2 Tylenol. And I never take meds. But the fever kept climbing.
  • SherryRueter
    Accountaibility: Elliptical (10min) Hiit(20min) Chest(30min) Abs (5min)

A little longer of a workout, just because I chose to watch my Youtube while on the elliptical instead of in a chair. It sure would be nice to be able to walk and watch TV more often. Anyways, a nice workout. Food seems to be almost on point. I did a weight check in and only up 1#, Yesterday was the work holiday party, so 1# feels about right given the food choices I've had recently.

Waves to y'all.

One of you got snow...YUCK. I don't miss that at all!

I'm not too sure about getting the booster....I mean, if you get sick from it....I'd rather take a chance at not getting Omni. IDK, undecided here.

Its supposed to be mid 60's I think the next few days, I always look forward to being able to walk in the sunshine at noon.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Did I miss yesterday? Gee I am losing time around here.

RAIN this morning but should stop soon..... I have to go and pick up medical forms so off I go after the rush hour hoping it would make things easier for me. Hate driving in rain at rush hour times.

Knitting and staying warm are my priorities of the day.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    Accountaibility: Elliptical (10min) Hiit(20min) Chest(30min) Abs (5min)

A little longer of a workout, just because I chose to watch my Youtube while on the elliptical instead of in a chair. It sure would be nice to be able to walk and watch TV more often. Anyways, a nice workout. Food seems to be almost on point. I did a weight check in and only up 1#, Yesterday was the work holiday party, so 1# feels about right given the food choices I've had recently.

Waves to y'all.

One of you got snow...YUCK. I don't miss that at all!

I'm not too sure about getting the booster....I mean, if you get sick from it....I'd rather take a chance at not getting Omni. IDK, undecided here.

Its supposed to be mid 60's I think the next few days, I always look forward to being able to walk in the sunshine at noon.

Yeah I don’t think I’ll do this again. I’ll find a work from home job and be a hermit before I get another shot.
  • LanaCabana537
    g5nyb5kk94xw.jpeg
    *** December 10th ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - I hope the driving wasn't bad for you yesterday. Rain is good; so is being safe 🤗

Waving to Sherry and Missy and Tracy and Britt and anyone else who stops by today 🌺 I must go run errands 👍🏻

Lana

263.6 today
  • SherryRueter
    Accountability: Epic 3: Shoulders & HIIT cardio 15mins

if you're looking for a great one, here ya go. What a killer, which means I picked the right weights and really tried to use good form. Sometimes being completely engaged in the legs, core and moving one arm is HARD. I held a 20# weight in the non working arm, man did that arm get a workout as well! I checked my heart rate a couple times, and it was at 144. I'm like...and I'm doing shoulders??? I'll take it!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OZxPvPDgmaI

Sara - I agree, driving in rain isn't my cup of tea either. Doing it in traffic is even worse.

We are to get rain/storms tonight. Hope we don't have any hail or anything severe where I'm at.

Mentally working on planning my weekend to be a weight loss weekend. Keep everything lite and clean and I can come into Monday feeling amazing.

• gemwolf110
    Good Morning!

Working from home again. Feel better than I did yesterday but not fully feeling good. Maybe tomorrow?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Happy Friday

Seems I could have called the office yesterday and said I was picking up medical records.... so they told me today and that's what I did - stupid system there.

Rain Sunday through Thursday. Works for me as we need it and it is December after all.

Less junk food in house so hot chocolate is on tap. Scale is reminding me as well.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2021
    upwphr0nzmn2.jpeg
    *** December 11 ***

Good morning everyone ☀️

It's still dark as I type this, but I think that many of us will be having a rainy/dreary/snowy? day. There's rain out west and a huge blob over New England, and Tennessee and North Carolina aren't looking great at all. And here I was blithely thinking I would rake some leaves today. 🤣

Tracy - you may not have time to check in, but I remember that you are going on a business trip this week, so wishing you safe travels 🤗

Sherry - good idea about the light and clean eating weekend, so I am going to follow your lead 👍🏻

Missy - here's hoping you feel better today. Big hugs 🤗

Sara - you are right about the rain in December. Take the rain when you can get it. Thanks for the hot chocolate reminder. It's good for a sweet treat and the Trader Joe's that I have is not awful with the calories--lower than other trouble I could get into.

Today I will be making a cauliflower soup; no recipe, just throwing together a little bit of cooked ground pork sausage for flavor and a pile of veggies for color. 😁

Lana

263.6 today