True Confessions - Don't Judge

1135313541355135613571359»

Replies

• stevewallen
    stevewallen Posts: 62 Member
    I'm a man, and I like Hallmark Christmas movies.

Yes, I know the acting isn't all that great.
    Yes, I know how they're going to end.

But, yet, I'm entertained by them.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

That's cool.

I'm a woman who hates Hallmark movies in general and all romance/rom-coms. They just aren't my genre, but I can appreciate people who like them. Pretty cool to know there are guys who like the genre since it often gets stereotyped as a "women's only" sort of thing.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

I swear not even 30 seconds before I read your post, I remarked to my dh I needed to start watching some sappy Hallmark Christmas movies to get me in the mood. :)
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Wondering if this discussion was still on here because I have something I need to get off my chest, and it's kinda big and need a neutral place to do it.

I've been married 14 1/2 yeas. I friend requested an old flame (like from more than 20 years ago) on Facebook. Contemplated sending him a message (which I rarely do when I request anyway), but he ended up messaging me a few days later. Long story short, we had crazy chemistry, not just physical but we connected beyond that (we actually met on Match.com, if anyone remembers that). It was short-lived, though, because he was in the Navy and was sent out of state, then overseas and we lost touch completely. There's also some sketch things I overlooked because I was in my early 20's, but now would question for sure.

Anyhoo, our messages started out purely innocent, but I also know it's something I don't feel comfortable sharing with my husband. It also started to turn into slight flirtation in reminiscing about old times, but I think we squashed it. I just remember he and I communicated pretty well, and I specifically remember him telling me things like he found it really easy to get along with me, talk to, etc.

Anyway, that was long-winded and maybe a bit too juicy for this forum, but I had to let it out!
  • stevewallen
    stevewallen Posts: 62 Member
    @ReenieHJ ... very kind of you to take care of him in his last days. I'm sure he has said/done things to hurt you, but everyone deserves dignity and a shot at forgiveness. Good for you for being a light to him and his kids!
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,348 Member
    I confess i am a really shy person in real life, but online i have no problem chatting with people
    Also i can share more to online persons (who i at least been "friends" with for a few years) rather than to my friends in real life
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I confess i am a really shy person in real life, but online i have no problem chatting with people
    Also i can share more to online persons (who i at least been "friends" with for a few years) rather than to my friends in real life

🤗 I've known you going on 7 years, you're a real honest to goodness sweetheart 💕
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I've vented in many places, MFP is one, about my elderly neighbor over the years. :( He and I are such different people in many many ways, our values, everything.

The man is 12 days short of his 89th birthday, which he'll never see. :( It was one of his two goals for the past 6 months. The other goal was giving me money to go to Seattle to visit my dd. I kept telling him 'thank you, that's very kind of you but it's your money, you're going to need it so use it to make life better for yourself'. I've been visiting a couple times a day because his 2 dds are there with him, taking care of him 24/7 now. He's got 'hours to a couple days' according to Hospice. When I went yesterday, his dds gave me a thank you card, with a check. :( Quite a substantial check. Insisted I accept it because it's what their dad wanted for me. So I told him thank you and I will be going to visit my dd this next year and it'll pay for my whole trip and it was all because of his kindness to me. I told him many things; trouble is I don't know how much he could hear or understand; he's drugged up and out of it.

I guess I'm saying this partly to unload my guilt for speaking so negatively about him even though I know the guilt will stay with me forever. He has always been very unfiltered, unkind to many people, but he's also one to give you the shirt off his back if you needed something.

I hope I can take this as a teaching lesson in my life and remember to think before I vent or speak or talk negatively about someone again. It all comes down to.... we're all on this earth doing the best we can with what we have and what we are. Our backgrounds, upbringings, personalities, goals and needs are all different. Lessons learned on your deathbed are lessons learned too late.

Be kind to everyone. You never know what their life and struggles are like. <3

" My next-door neighbor is a 90-year-old man suffering from Alzheimer’s. And every single morning at 9 a.m. he knocks on my door, and he asks me if I have seen his wife.

Which means… that every single morning at 9 a.m. I have to explain to a 90-year-old man suffering from Alzheimer’s that his wife has been dead for quite some time.

Now, I have thought about moving. I have thought about just not answering my door in the morning.

........ but to be honest, it’s worth it just to see the smile on his face. "

~ Anthony Jeselnik