Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I meant to ask you last time you congratulated me on 25 lbs down, how do you know pounds down?
    Your day yesterday, sounds like a piece of heaven! Especially after such a stressful week! Congratulations on tracking today, good for you to get the ball rolling again!

@Cornanda after Thanksgiving, good for you for getting back on board with food and exercise! I’m sure it is going to be great to visit everyone in Wisconsin, I hope your willpower is strong for your mother-in-law‘s baking! I’m sorry to hear about your Doggo! It is so hard when they become seniors, So glad that the vet thinks that medication and rest will do the trick for him!

@Teresaw1020 I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one who buys clothes for someday! I have definitely moved over into a different section of my closet with shirts and pants LOL!
    I’m glad your husband‘s biopsy went well, so much waiting and stress! December is a tough month to begin with, that’s a lot to add onto your plates! I think I might be doing a wee bit of stress eating!

It was a great morning, started out with a spin class(really surprising myself at how much I am enjoying these classes!) Then I took Vannie to the vet for her annual check up. The vet is pleased and Vannie is back on track again! We will be going to agility class this afternoon, so lots of steps in today :-) :-).

I am happy to report, I think this light box is starting to make a difference! I remember last year feeling exactly the same way, I put it down to us being in lockdown for so long that I assumed it was some sort of a depression. I am beginning to feel like a normal tired around three or 4 o’clock in the afternoon, it is lasting for the rest of the day, but not nearly as bad as it was before (no falling asleep at the dinner table :-) :-) or as bad as it was last year. Fingers crossed, this will do the trick!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 187.8
    CW: 186.2
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a 47 year old single mom of 3 adult children. My son, Marcus, is 26 and in the Navy, stationed in Virginia and just proposed so I will get a new daughter-in-love next July. My oldest daughter, Sydney, is 24 and lives with her husband, Nick, about an hour south of me, and my youngest daughter, Hunter, is 21 and is still at home with me. I also have a sweet little (fatty) rabbit - Kismet. I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies and books. I have worked in Community Development at my County for almost 17 years. I was on WW, but cancelled a couple days ago as the new program just wasn’t working for me. I am back to KISS with CICO (for those that aren’t up on acronyms – Keep It Simple Stupid with Calories In Calories Out). I even did a great job while visiting my son in Virginia over Thanksgiving. Steady losing and I’m feeling good! I can only post photos on here when I’m on my tablet (not phone), so here’s a photo of my son and his fiancé Ashley right after he proposed while she and I were visiting him. It was adorable and I’m so happy he wanted me there when he asked her (we were at Busch Gardens Williamsburg).
    3r0ilrxwqljp.jpg
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    Krea4
    Mondays
    PW: 65.90kg
    CW: 65.30     144.2 lbs

Getting back on track.
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement last week.
    My brain is in a better place so hopefully this will be a good weightloss week.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I'm sorry you feel you have to stay quiet. That can happen to anyone, writing is hard to convey true emotion. It's not like you can see facial expressions like in real life. Have a great day!

@Cornanda I did some black and white ink drawings, really simple but I ended up liking what I did more than I normally do lol. Thank you, it was a rough week. It is still rough, my family member is still in the hospital. He's had a rough go these past couple of years. That's good you still have your parents. I hope you enjoy the trip to see them! Wow, that's a lot of treats. That's really sweet of your MIL but darn, that's hard to resist I bet! Oh your poor pup! I hope he's better soon.

@TeresaW1020 Well, I'm tracking. It's not exactly pretty, but I'm tracking. It's not horrible it's just not stuff that is fitting into my plan. That's really nice of your church to do the "Angel Tree". It would be hard not to go over, I think. At least I would have a hard time! I'm glad your husband's biopsy went okay. Good thoughts that you get good results.

@laurelfit57 How do I know how many pounds you are down? I saw it on the results page! :) The 25 lbs down, you may have mentioned or it was on the results page, I don't remember which? Yeah, Sunday was a fun day. It was relaxing and just what I needed. I'm so glad you had a good morning and Vannie had a good check-up. I'm glad the lightbox is helping. May it continue to help!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss! You are doing awesome. I'm glad you did well at Thanksgiving, not an easy thing. Aww, that's a great pic of the happy couple! How cute are they?

@krea4 Congrats on the loss and getting back on track! I'm glad you are in a better headspace.

Hi all. I had to fight traffic on the way home from work yesterday, it took me 1 1/2 hours to get home! Usually, on a Monday, it only takes 45 minutes so I was quite upset by the time I got home. I didn't make a wise dinner choice, our fish that I had left on the counter to defrost was bad by the time we got home so we ordered pizza. I did have 1 fewer piece of pizza than normal (I had two pieces instead of 3) so I'd say that is a victory of sorts.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Slims!

@TeresaW1020 - It's good the party is not at your house this year- No leftovers to deal with. It sounds like you are holding it together as best you can during a busy, treat filled and stressful month. I think that's called damage control! Work your plan as best you can on the days you can, and then you can hit reset when things slow down. Remember last month you and I were feeling like we should chuck it all out the window for the next 6 weeks? Well neither of us is doing that! Yay for us!

@laurelfit57 - it's a little easier because MIL doesn't bake. Store bought treats are never as good! I'm so happy you are seeing progress with the light box! And that Vannie got a good report at the vet.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - thanks for the pic of the cute and happy couple. Made me smile. Hooray for working your new plan! Nice loss!

@krea4 - glad your brain is in a better place.

@19shmoo69 - I laugh every time I see one of your coffee posts. Out loud! it's been a long time......

@trooworld - oooh, I'm glad you were pleased with your drawings. Traffic sucks! Good for you for skipping a piece of pizza. These emergency dinners are a part of life.

Lots to do before we leave Thurs. Didn't get much done yesterday due to my dog situation. Getting caught up today. Did squats, lunges, push ups, planks and a long walk. Eating well. I'm happy to report that my pup perked right up yesterday with his meds. In fact, he already jumped on the couch once, which is a no no. With the amount of pain he was in, I did not expect such a quick turn around. Will be working on keeping him quiet. It's not too hard because he's pretty lazy, but he keeps going to look for his toy bin which I had to remove while he gets better. The living room is now a sea of laundry baskets blocking him from jumping on anything. Now I'm off to run a couple of errands!

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @lauralfit57 That is interesting and good news that you think the lightbox is working for you. How long do you sit with it on? :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on your loss this week! Your son and future daughter-in-law look so happy. :)

@trooworld Ugghh do you blame the extra traffic to this time of year. Our traffic around here has increased a lot with all the holiday shoppers. Good job on having one less slice of pizza. That was a good compromise. ;)

@Cornanda Yes, you are right that we were ready to chuck it all and that isn’t happening for either of us! Thank you for the reminder! <3 I’m glad that your dog is feeling better. What type of dog is he? My Maggie wouldn’t be happy if I took her toys away. :D

Hi Team! Not much going on today. I went and had my hair cut and colored this morning and this afternoon I have been watching some training videos for the financial secretary duties at the church. Hubby spent a good portion of the day wrapping presents! Have I mentioned that I LOVE presents!! :grin: I did a workout this morning and my eating has been mostly good. I did have a couple of cookies this afternoon with my coffee, but that is it.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Take it easy! Prayers for your husband's biopsy tomorrow. I love the angel tree, our church does that too.

@laurelfit57 I love your NSVs! I know what you mean about that hip thing at night, it can be awful. It looks like you and the kids had a great day! I'm glad Vannie is doing better, so it sounds like it was definitely the food, right?

@trooworld I'd love to see your magnets! Less pizza is definitely a win, I think each time you're able to make a better choice it makes you stronger for the next time because now you have a good track record!

@19shmoo69 You've never come across rude to me and we've been friends for two years, talk away my friend!

@Cornanda I remember there was a crazy list of food your MIL made last year! I hope you still have fun and hope your dog is doing better. Having had disc issues they really suck, poor thing. Holy cow, sounds like a fast turnaround, go pup!

@vegan4lyfe2012 What a beautiful couple, congratulations!

@krea4 So happy to hear you're in a better place, that's awesome!

Hey gang, things are tense at home, don't want to get into it. Workout was great though!
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    PW: 230.8
    CW: 227.2
    LTD: 20.8
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Cornanda Thanks! I'm quite hard on myself so it's good when I am happy with what I create. :) Traffic does suck lol. I'm so glad your pup is feeling better! It's so scary when they are sick.

@TeresaW1020 There was a bad accident that totally closed one of the major freeways so everyone was going to other freeways, mostly the one I was on lol. The freeway that closed was one of 2 southbound freeways so it was a major deal. But traffic, in general, is back to pre-COVID levels. :( I'm getting my hair done this Saturday. That's good your hubby is on top of the Christmas game, I have bought a few presents but in general, need to step it up. Yay for better eating!

@Katmary71 Here's a picture of them. They are very basic but I have a lot of coworkers so I had to keep it simple lol. That's true about better choices! I hope things calm down at home for you. <3

Hi all. I'm happy with my loss this week. It continues to be a trying week with my family member still in the hospital but I am doing the best I can and am tracking my food now. I'm including the below picture for Katmary71 who wanted to see the magnets I made for my coworkers.

3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

80oz92ow3dwc.jpg

• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I love that expression, daughter-in-love! What a great picture of the two of them! I can relate to KISS! I think the older I get, the simpler I need things LOL

@Cornanda I am so glad to hear your puppy is doing well! That’s amazing that the medication‘s worked so quickly! Good luck trying to keep him quiet when he’s feeling so well LOL sounds like he has perked right up!

@TeresaW1020 I just have my light box on the kitchen table and turn it on for half an hour when I’m at breakfast in the morning. They said that you can also do a quick touchup in the afternoon, so if I am having lunch at home I will turn it on for maybe 10 minutes. Sounds like you had a more relaxed day yesterday, you probably needed it after the busy pace you have had!

@krea4 congratulations on the loss!

@Katmary71 it was the dog food! So crazy after being on it for over a year:/. Sorry things are tense at your place, good for you for getting in a work out and hopefully releasing some of that stress!

@trooworld congrats on the loss! Those magnets you made are beautiful! Did you paint them?

It was a really good day yesterday, I got in another spin class, I will never again do two spin classes two days consecutively, my aching keister LOLLOL! Also got to go out to a hockey game with my son last night, the hockey game wasn’t that great, the visit was! When your kids are grown and gone from home, those times seem especially precious :-).
    It is insane here again today with the rain. We never have rain November-February and we had pouring rain once again this morning! Most of us now wear spikes on our boots, it is just so dangerous to walk on all the ice. It was so crazy with the pouring rain, I had my winter coat on and rain poncho over top of it😜.
    I am including a picture of our walk this morning and the new fashion apparel 50% of us are wearing to keep from breaking our bones

cr0v0rvcpr9o.jpeg
    m5cxmzpgwhip.jpeg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Praying for you! <3

@trooworld Yayy on your loss this week! Those magnets are sooo pretty!! Pink is my favorite color so of course, I love them! <3

@laurelfit57 Yikes! I can’t imagine having to walk on all that ice. Good idea to have those spiked boots on. And look at Vannie’s shoes! Do they have little spikes too? :grin:

Hi Team! Not much going on today. I went to work and came home at noon. I wasn’t going to do a workout today but then I felt guilty and remembered that I don’t sleep well on days when I don’t work out. So, I went and did a cardio program. My eating has been good today as I’m trying to stay mindful that if I don’t watch it my gain this Friday will be epic! :grin:
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Today after 2 years I went to the gym, the work gym. I played on the treadmill a little and when I couldn’t breathe I went in the weight room to cool off. In there was my former military coworker who challenged me to do team-squats and as a dummy I said “tell me more”. Now hours later my legs are still shaky and I fear the coming down the stairs in the morning.
  • lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Username: lose4me71
    Pw: 298.6
    Cw: 299.1
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - my dog is a mini poodle mix. We got him from a rescue, so we don't know what he is mixed with. He weighs 11 pounds and he's mostly black with some apricot patches. Curly fur. Yay you for doing a workout when you didn't feel like it and being mindful with your eating. Been praying for your hubby.

@Katmary71 - I've been praying for you too. I suppose the get out date is coming pretty close now which is going to jack up the tension.

@trooworld - Great loss this week! Hooray for losing during a stressful time! Your magnets are beautiful!

@laurelfit57 - wow two days of spin in a row. Go you! That is crazy about boot spikes and icy streets. We are leaving for Wisconsin today. Supposed to be a nice blizzard while we are there..... will feel extra cold to our Floridian blood. After being here for 11 years, we are no longer acclimated to the cold.

@GabiV125 - ooooh boy! How are your legs today?

@broncobuddee - going to miss my weigh in tomorrow as we will be out of town.

Well, all packed, leaving in a couple hours. Doggo was stiff and had some pain yesterday, but he rested and then perked up again. I just hope nothing flairs up while we are gone. I trust my petsitter, so I will hope for the best. Bon Voyage!

Lisa

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 133.4
    CW: 134.4
    This pound gotta be water from sudden exercise 😁
    Cornanda wrote: »
    @GabiV125 - ooooh boy! How are your legs today?
    Sore but not super bad, because yesterday night I took a turmeric and an aspirin pill for it.

At the holiday lunch last week, I saw people I didn’t see since COVID started (different buildings or different shifts) and true many had always been fit, but so many others got fit in this period. Especially from the over 50yo group, so it got me thinking.
    I’m not shooting for ultra anything, just to get some strength and endurance (back).
  • trooworld
    Options
    WW posted this on Instagram yesterday. I really liked it so I thought I would share it here.

5cx46vyy3mn6.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Thank you! No, I cut out pretty paper and glued it to the back of the glass dome. It was really easy to do. Two spin classes in a row??? Wow! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with your son. It is supposed to rain here today. That is interesting about the spikes on your boots. I can see why that is necessary. I'm glad you have boots on your pup. They get cold, too!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Good for you for doing the cardio.

@GabiV125 Oh gosh! I love squats but they are killer. Most of my coworkers gained weight during COVID.

@Cornanda Thank you! I hope you have a great time on your trip and your doggo doesn't experience any pain.

• trooworld
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Thank you! No, I cut out pretty paper and glued it to the back of the glass dome. It was really easy to do. Two spin classes in a row??? Wow! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with your son. It is supposed to rain here today. That is interesting about the spikes on your boots. I can see why that is necessary. I'm glad you have boots on your pup. They get cold, too!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Good for you for doing the cardio.

@GabiV125 Oh gosh! I love squats but they are killer. Most of my coworkers gained weight during COVID.

@Cornanda Thank you! I hope you have a great time on your trip and your doggo doesn't experience any pain.

• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 11/24: 224.1

Check in weight (12/1/2021): 223.8
    Check in weight (12/8/2021): 223.5
    Check in weight (12/15/2021):
    Check in weight (12/22/2021):
    Check in weight (12/29/2021:

Hi all! My name is Leona. I am 48 living in New Mexico. I've struggled with my weight all my life. I am just trying to get to a manageable place with my weight so I can be more active with my grandkids and maybe enjoy a vacation! I work full time, suffer from chronic migraine, and both my knees are in pretty bad shape. I am also trying to lose enough weight so that when I do need knee replacements, it will be a better recovery.

Good luck this month!
This discussion has been closed.