Your Best Gadget or “Tool” During Weight Loss

Outside of your fitness tracker and scale, what has been your most helpful product, gadget or find during weight loss?

For me, it’s been:

Body Glide : anti chafing stick for those awkward times when body parts rub- heels, thighs, batwings

ComPeed: medical miracle for blisters

Balega socks: if you haven’t tried them, you don’t know what socks can aspire to

Replies

• kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Bluetooth headphones: Whether talking to a relative on a walk or having the right song motivate me through the last rep of my weight training, it helps me go further with my workouts.

Tuna snack pack, low sodium: 70 calories of protein that helps keep post-workout hunger at bay.

Dog water bottle: My pup has a lot of energy and loves exploring the woods by our place, but she gets thirsty quickly. This allows the two of us to go further.

Properly sized running shoes.
  • ToffeeApple71
    ToffeeApple71 Posts: 116 Member
    Ditto the body glide for chafing. It's awesome.

Curash powder for when you do chafe.

Bluetooth headphones, waterproof.

Two tags leggings with pockets. They're awesome.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Comfortable trainers that support my feet.
    I have flat feet and when I was 232lbs I was constantly getting foot problems that affected how my whole body ached even after a short walk.
    Then someone recommended Asics trainers to me - they were a game changer!
  • I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 179 Member
    edited December 2021
    I distinguish "weight" (including healthy muscle mass) from "fat", want to keep the former and lose the latter and have no plans to own or use a scale - can find one when wanted. The alarm tool is my pants - tight at 36" waist means getting too fat and the main progress tool is a mirror. Over the last decade my waist had crept up to buying 38" and end of 2018 to intolerable five-alarm 40" pants - dieting took the form of portion reductions, low carb, no desserts, snacks or alcohol (I'm unaware of any effective fat-reduction diet that isn't just being vaguely hungry for long enough) - I was back to comfy 36" by late 2020. I lost some muscle "weight" along with the body fat, and last spring started MFP and more structured and rigorous home exercise (the good gym in our condo locked down until recently) to build up in that way. MFP diarizing is very helpful to keep calories constant and ensure I hit a protein macro target.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    My road bike and mountain bike and my direct drive smart trainer and Zwift app for preseason winter training.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Food scale, pen and paper that live next to it, prep containers.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,145 Member
    Air fryer. No heat up time, great for re-heating leftovers, and chicken breast can be cooked in 8 minutes. Second would be the microwave. It does pretty much everything else for my day to day meals.
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 486 Member
    My pedometer. When I got serious about moving more this got me moving more and getting at least 10,000 steps/day. Mine also tracked aerobic exercise so started getting in 30 mins/day of aerobic walking. Continue to up my game in maintenance.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    My Yonanas Frozen Dessert Maker! It grinds frozen fruit into soft serve "ice cream."
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Yes my air fryer and my fitness tracker- makes it much more fun
  • BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 243 Member
    Having a good quality blender has been wonderful for the vitamin protein shakes I make every night. The shakes give me a nourishing treat to look forward to, and my new Kitchen Aid buzzes through the ice like magic. Besides MFP, my other favorite "gadget" has been my trainer. Hiring her once a week was a game changer. I realized quickly why I'd never seen much progress working out on my own--I wasn't challenging myself enough, nor was I working out enough muscle groups. With her help, I've learned how to put together solid routines AND what they should FEEL like. That's been amazing.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Farmer's markets? Rowing shell (nah, those have been in picture for 20 years)? Weight trending tool? (Not necessarily weight trending app: I used graph paper for daily weights for years before getting an app, even when I wasn't trying to lose weight, because I'm a serious data geek. Date on X axis, weight on Y axis.)

Mindset isn't a tool, I guess.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    As tools go, it's pretty large, but I'd have to say my power rack. That's what enabled me to take my lifting to a serious level because I could move more weight safely.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    food scale
    good training/gym shoes
    wireless headphones
  • mirianyusm
    mirianyusm Posts: 89 Member
    The forums at MFP.