Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Replies

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 785 Member
    edited December 2021
    Cori is so happy to have Bear back.
    0v9ammuldn8r.jpeg
    Kevin & Sandy watching the crows. Her ears are starting to stick out a bit more haha!
    qz2lwnxt3hrp.jpeg

@RunsOnEspresso I hate clothes shopping too. I hope you don't have to buy more clothes, it's such a racket anyhow, everything is so expensive.

We are in the last week of the semester so I am trying to get stuff done. The puppies are doing better about letting me do a bit of hw here and there, their naps are getting longer. Four months and 1 week they are 44 & 45 pounds... yikes!

Dh is going to go to work for himself. No idea when he'll make that transition. He wants me to do his scheduling and appointment reminders. I suppose I can, it shouldn't be hard and it'd give me a purpose.

@shanaber Demand barking.
    I met a woman at the dog park a few weeks ago and she suggested a squirt bottle. hehe 😈 it works. "STOP" and a squirt is all it takes. Kevin just kinda groans in this perplexed gruff. Seems he has interpreted it that it only applies when I am around, he still doest it to dh; who doesn't squirt him... 😵‍💫. Kevin barked at bob yesterday and immediately looked at me to see if I was going to squirt him. Then barked softer. This morning he came to wake me and did the softer bark. so, win! well, I still need dh to squirt him and say "STOP"
    Sandy...
    wants to mouth, chew, lick furniture and walls. I told my violin teacher and she suggested putting deodorant on it. You know dogs, they see one doing something and they all want to do it, even Maggie whose 11 has started it. Deo on the edge of my study table and Kevin decided that was horrid.

Hope everyone is well!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,384 Member
    @CMorning99 - would they allow you to put a water softener of some sort in, maybe just for the washer? I am sure all the hard water isn’t good for your clothes either.
    Also if you have AAA they can do the title submission and lots of other DMV related things for you. We never go into or try to call the DMV since AAA can handle most of what we need to do and they can check on things for us too. It took over a month though to get the title reissued when we were selling the van though.
    @RunsOnEspresso - when I first read your post I was thinking oh this isn’t good! I was hoping it didn’t pop when you were miles
    From home!
    I always go back to basics, measuring and logging and eating what I know worked well before. Not that I eat much differently now. I am up 2 lbs and am ok with that. I didn’t run or workout much in Oct/Nov with all that was going on but now I hope to get back into it consistently.
    @swenson19d - love the pictures! The pups are going to be big that is for sure. I have read about dogs who licked walls and soften toe plaster to where they could chew it. That and chewing on door and window frames. Maybe try redirecting Sandy to a chew toy? Sounds like Kevin gets the no barking command. I wish I could use a squirt bottle in the car. Hobbes always wants to bark at ‘someone’ he sees in a yard or whatever and it startled me. I hate it. He also barks at a knock on the door, a truck or even a car going by our house… I want him to bark but stop when I tell him enough. Clearly my training is only partially affective. I know he thinks he is protecting us, the house and the car.

We are on our way to No CA. Going to have dinner with friends tonight and pickup dd at the airport tomorrow before heading further north. Hobbes has been asleep pretty much the entire drive - recovering from Beaux 😂
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 785 Member
    @shanaber Enjoy your outing with dd. Glad you have a wore out, quite doggie. Kev just has an opinion to share all the time or he's a tattletale.

Kevin (& Sandy), got baths tonight. This was the second day Kevin played in his water-mud hole, so I figured he really needed it. After the bath I gave him a jar of PB and noticed his coat is quite exceptional. Sandy is getting darker and some wave from withers to tail, which is completely curly-wavy.
    racsmhb2tqzo.jpeg
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    @shanaber yes, getting back to basics is my plan!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,940 Member
    You can do it @RunsOnEspresso !
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Good morning!

@shanaber We used to have AAA and never used it once in YEARS! I finally cancelled it probably 10 years ago. I have thought about going back since I have the travel trailer now and would like road side assistance. We have 3rd party satellite offices here that are fast and easy, but they charge their own fees.

Yesterday was court day. I actually enjoy going and seeing folks, they are all so friendly and nice. The Detective who was the lead on the case was there for other cases and we sat and chatted about retirement stuff. Even the officer who found mom was there and he came by to say it was nice to see me again. As for court...I don't know if LS lawyer is an idiot or a smart snake. He didn't file the motion to be LS's court appointed attorney until 10:36pm the night before! He had known for TWO weeks! I don't know if that was laziness or if he was trying to rush the judge so he would just agree. He went into this long explanation talking about how LS "tried to hurt himself last week" and that as a result he "is being medicated for previously unknown mental conditions". And here we go. The DA was shocked he said that. I don't understand but he tried to explain that he should have never said that because it shows that he did not? have a mental condition at the time of the murder? Or that there was no reason to believe that any mental condition existed severe enough to warrant diagnosis previously? He said it opens up a HUGE evidence discovery burden on the defense. But also, it is sus b/c it was 1 week for an alleged diagnosis and then LS's attorney turns around and says it would be 6-8 months of psychiatric evaluation for an insanity plea. The DA is wondering if they have already started evaluations with a private doctor...which is expensive. The Detective said he would check visitation logs. The Judge (who the DA loves) was not pressured and will make his decision next Tuesday, but he said his initial ruling is the case goes back to the Public Defenders. I chuckled b/c he also said "this is not a hard case, they should be able to figure it out"

After court I treated myself to the Goodwill Bins that is up there. It is so small, but I surprised myself with finding 25lbs of stuff! They charge by the pound there $2.79 (In Sacramento it is only $1.59 lb) but I got good stuff and it was worth the trip. I also had to drop off the $$$ for the demo. I was telling DH it is interesting that I know more people with COVID right now (3) than I have known the entire pandemic! My contractor is one of them so I did a porch drop off and ran back to my car and he came out and got it. I got back home by 3pm and was so hungry, I had been living off of trail mix and candy corn. I somehow managed to eat all my calories and then go over between then and bed time Ugh.

No running this week. I did find it interesting I was not tired yesterday when I got home. Makes me wonder if I am tired from work (or lack of). I am going to try and move around more at work and take walks.

Tracking calories again today. I have been lazy to try and add stuff I don't know (recipes). Weight has gone down a bit, but nothing to write home about. My weight smoothing app says I have gained 1.3lbs in 7 days but lost .4lbs since I started 1 month ago.

DH has friend visiting this weekend so this afternoon we need to clean, nothing like forcing us to actually unpack like a visitor!

Have a great weekend!

• quilteryoyo
    @CMorning99 I know all of that legal stuff and court appearances has to be hard. I can't even imagine. Big hugs to you. I thought it was funny that company was forcing you to unpack. I only do a deep clean of the house when my step-daughter's family comes for a visit. LOL It forces me to do it at least once a year. I love a clean house, but hate cleaning. Therefore, it usually looks like it does now - a disaster.

My weight is up way more than I want to admit. I keep telling myself that at least part of it is water weight, but when it stays up for over 2 weeks..... I think it is time to admit that it is real weight. I just haven't had the time, energy, or health for a lot of exercise, there have been lots of big meals and leftovers, and I am stress eating. I'm hoping that I can get myself back on track, but I'm not going to try real hard until after Christmas. This is a hard month, with the first anniversary of dad's death being on the 16th. I WILL get there, just not this month.
  • shanaber
    We are way north in CA and visited the Humboldt Redwoods State Park today. It was cold (for us) but we had fun hiking and seeing the huge amazing trees. Dh even joined us to hike one of the loops and Dd caught this picture of me that was really fun 😊. It was gloriously beautiful and so quiet!
    h28d0lgx36nk.jpeg
    I am hoping to get in a 6.6mi run for my birthday in the morning but it is supposed to be in the 30's 😳 and ia really don't have the clothes for that. It may have to wait until we get home or maybe on Tuesday when we are heading back down the coast.
  • quilteryoyo
    That's a very cool picture @shanaber ! Glad you are enjoying your trip.
  • quilteryoyo
    My weight was down over half a pound from yesterday. I was very surprised since dinner last night consisted of Ruffles potato chips and 8 oz of French Onion Dip. :astonished:
  • shanaber
    Are any of you friends with @HonuNui? They are having some horrendous rain in Hawaii and I am hoping she and her dh are safe and all is ok with them. I know they are on the Big Island and the news was focused on Oahu where there was extensive flooding but I think all the islands were hit.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    Are any of you friends with @HonuNui? They are having some horrendous rain in Hawaii and I am hoping she and her dh are safe and all is ok with them. I know they are on the Big Island and the news was focused on Oahu where there was extensive flooding but I think all the islands were hit.

On the run the year challenge activities I see she ran on the treadmill on the 7th.
  • CMorning99
    Good morning folks!

@quilteryoyo I hope your anniversary passes peacefully. I just let the day pass as it wanted and did not make any demands on myself or time.

The weekend went really well with our visitor, we got to show her around and see some new things ourselves. We obviously did not get any work done. On her last day here (yesterday) she came down with a head cold, ugh. DH and I are hoping we don't catch it. Today I have one of those weird zings on one side of my nose that keeps hitting the sneeze button.

I had a realtor come out to the property (one of mom's friends), she was showing some lots near me that some folks bought about a year ago. They bought 15 acres and I think it had 5 plots. Of the 15 acres I would say there may be 3 that are flat and usable. The guy who bought it went out there and graded some flat-ish areas (they are on the side of a hill) himself (I googled him, he is a motivational speaker) and is trying to sell the other lots now. They have two 2.5 acre lots with 1 acre "flat" with full ocean view that they are trying to sell for $900K EACH! They have a shared well with minimum water output and no other utilities and obviously no house. And they are right above a 2 lane highway. They have one 2.5 acre lot on the back side with no ocean view, same situation, that they are asking $500K for. We are watching those carefully b/c it will affect my price in the future when I can finally sell. Currently the market supports $550K for my land with a probably bidding war. I just don't know who would buy that land for that price and they are such crappy plots and IDK what builder in his right mind would take on that project.

Didn't bother weighing myself this week after we ate out for 4 straight days. I had 1 weird day where at 7 pm I got so tired, like cross-eyed, head spinning, pure exhaustion. I just crawled into bed and slept for 13 hours and woke up feeling fine. I am thinking of loading the Garmin "get back in shape" plan on my watch.

Couple to-do's today. Get rental unit insured. I had to cancel mom's policy and start my own. And I need to call AGAIN about moving that mobile home.

DH is dragging his feet on the Tesla stuff. I am wondering if he is not really interested.

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    @shanaber Thanks for thinking of us: Lots of rain but not catastrophic here as on Oahu and Kauai. DH is on mainland visiting mom so snowbird Henry and I are obsessively checking the battery power/need to run generator.
  • quilteryoyo
    I'm glad to see that @HonuNui was okay as of yesterday.

@CMorning99 Sounds like things are progressing. The guy with the property sounds like he is trying to get a lot more for it than it is worth. I guess he's hoping the full ocean view is a good selling point. Hope you don't get sick from your visitor. I didn't know Garmin had a "get back into shape" plan. I may need to look that up. LOL
  • RunsOnEspresso
    I'm still recovering from my accidental gluten eating on Thanksgiving. Mostly fatigue and depression. My run this morning was hard. I had 16x200 and I was supposed to run the recovery part but after 5 just walked them. Then my cool down went from 1.5 miles to .5 mile. My body was like nope, go home, drink some coffee. So I did.
  • shanaber
    @HonuNui - I am so glad you are all ok! I hope it stays away from you!

@CMorning99 - those prices seem crazy but people are willing to pay a lot for a 'view' of the ocean, sometimes even just for the idea there could be a view, maybe...

@RunsOnEspresso - I hope you can clear the gluten soon and get back to normal!

I haven't run for several days and won't be running tomorrow either. Life gets in the way...
    Food has been better especially now that we are back home. Although I really didn't overeat on our trip. The hotel provided a really nice breakfast and we snacked for lunch (cheese and crackers and fruit) after whatever outing or activity we had for the day, mostly because there weren't many restaurants and even fewer were open. We ended up eating dinner at the hotel all 3 nights (and at friends on our way up and back) and dd and I split salads and an entree because they were huge. It was a lovely trip but boy have I become a wimp with the cold. I really needed to be better prepared with the right clothes.

We did accept another offer on the house. This one less than asking but higher than some we have seen. It looks like it is going to go forward. Escrow opened yesterday.
  • quilteryoyo
    @RunsOnEspresso I hope you feel better soon.

@shanaber Sounds like you did great with food on your trip. Hope this offer on the house goes through.

I had a horrible episode with my back last night. All I did was sit on the arm of a chair and stand up. Horrible pain...like worse than any I had earlier. After that, every time I bent at the waist, even a little, I would get a catch and not be able to stand up straight without gritting my teeth and making myself do it no matter how it hurt. This lasted about an hour. I did walk slowly on the treadmill after and it seemed to help some. Iced it last night. It still hurts this morning, but at about a 2, not 9 or 10, so I can deal with that. Mom and I are going Christmas shopping today and then have a party tonight. So, a busy day. Not even going to worry about the food I eat.
  • CMorning99
    Good morning everyone!

We have a rainy day here and I am loving it! I was late to work b/c I was laying in bed listening to it.

Had a court update. Judge initially ruled that the case would be turned back over to the public defender but LS's lawyer jumped in and said if that was the case, he was not going to abandon his client and will remain on the case. I assume he is going pro-bono. I don't know what to read between the lines on that one. I have theories. 1) LS is his 2022 tax write-off 2) according to the American Bar it is "highly encouraged" that lawyers provide 50 hrs of pro-bono work to remain in good standing with the Bar 3) Pro-bono work is at the top of a lawyers resume and I guess it does not matter if they win b/c it is more of helping someone 4) Dude is a nice guy? Suspish 5) He has an ace up his sleeve and he thinks he is gonna win and wants the credit 5) He has already milked the family for all the "long hours" of trial prep and the actual trial is his 50 hrs. He also put in a plea to not-guilty. He did still mention that LS was having mental health evaluations and so I guess insanity is still on the table if it pans out for him. Next court date is 4 Jan for a pre-trial conference. I assume that is just like a pre-prelim hearing to check in. Trial date is up in the air due to the court schedule (Kristen Smart case is going to trial) and potential mental health. It could either be this spring or next fall. LS made an effort again to look like the scared little boy. Messy hair and frumpy posture.

I got all my to-do's done yesterday and meeting with the mobile home guy today. IDK, he works out of like a shack near the property and I hope he is good. My realtor friend gave me his number and I need to look and make sure he is licensed and bonded. My draftsman is still ghosting me. IDK how long I should wait.

Food was good, I didn't track calories but made better choices and tried to limit the bored eating. I left work early to go for a walk and DH was looking at his retirement stuff and we got sucked into that reading about 401Ks. Do ya'll use a financial planner? We don't have kids and I really worry sometimes of not being able to take care of ourselves at some point and want to make sure we can afford what we need. He started his contributions and his company matches up to 6%.

I looked at running plans, my heart was not into it.

Today's to-do is to refill grey cat pain meds and get the paperwork off to the insurance company.

My sinuses are still a bit weird. Feels like I have a hair or pimple in my nose that just triggers fanatical sneezing and snot. Friend still has her cold...fingers still crossed we dodge it.

• RunsOnEspresso
    I would guess the mental health is more for mitigation reasons than insanity plea. Those are really hard to get. Well, in AZ at least. I can't speak to CA.

We are supposed to have rain Fri/Sat so probably the stuff you have today.