Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,452 Member
    @LaurieWrobo
    I am so sorry to hear that. I hope he is able to get a treatment plan that works to kick the cancers butt. Hang in there <3
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    edited December 2021
    @LaurieWrobo
    I’m so sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Sending you strength to get through the next days and weeks.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    @LauriWrobo - I’m joining others here to give you strength to support your husband. It’s so difficult to see those we love in pain so please lean on this group as much as you need. Cancer research has come so far and I’m wishing you all the best as you meet with the oncologist.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    edited December 2021
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    12/7: 8,205
    12/8: 9,055
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited December 2021
    Maintenance weigh-in

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW: 125.2
    CW: 125.4

SW: 168
    TLD: 42.6

I’ve been making a lot of progress on my decluttering goal. I went through all my clothes and boxed up a very limited number of my favorite items that no longer fit. I’m going to keep them for one year while I practice maintaining my weight between 120-130.

I’m also donating items that are still in good shape but no longer fit as part of our effort to downsize now that both adult children are living on their college campuses. We’re not quite ‘empty nesters’ yet, but we finally have some time to part with items we no longer use, etc.

For December, my project goal is to reduce, reuse, or recycle something for every day of the month until we leave for our family vacation on December 25th. For example, I donated ONE cello that my younger son outgrew to the local middle school on 12/1 and TWO violins that my older son no longer plays went to the high school on 12/2. On 12/3, I delivered THREE pant suits to a group that supports women reentering the workforce, etc. It’s like a reverse “12 Days of Christmas” or an ‘advent calendar’ for those who know the song and celebrate the holiday.

We take a trip or share an experience instead of exchanging gifts but there are a couple of items that I plan to buy for my sons because they are worn and need updating. I guess I’ll add ‘replace’ to the typical 3 R’s above. Usually, my favorite is ‘resist’ because it’s easier for me to eliminate at the point of purchase. I don’t know why it’s so emotional for me to get rid of things I know ‘weigh me down’ but it takes a lot of my time and energy!

The good news is that it’s getting easier with practice, just like weight loss. I’m getting better at not letting ‘perfect’ get in the way of ‘good’ but I still feel the strange need to donate items to ‘just the right person or group.’ 🤨🙄😬

Do you have any ‘quirks’ or habits that interfere with your exercise, nutrition, or other health and wellness goals?

Best wishes in moving beyond any of your own personal quirks that get in the way of your goals!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    @LaurieWrobo sending extra strength to you, your husband and your family and friends! Hoping the oncologist can give you best possible news in terms of spreading and treatment.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    hipari wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 I’ve found that I do best and stay most accountable on MFP when I’m as anonymous as possible, so there’s no temptation to sugar coat things in case someone somehow connects my profile to me in real life. That’s why I don’t even share the city I’m located, I don’t have a face photo and I have never shared my first name here. I hope this can be respected in the step challenge.

@hipari Understood. I'll just leave it blank.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    @LaurieWrobo sorry to hear,hope you find the resolve to get through this.Be sure that we are all here to support you.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    @ncfitbit if you'd like to send me your steps for the last four days of our Nov step challenge, I'll include them when I announce the standings this weekend. The dates needed are: Dec 1-4th. Thanks!

Gentle Reminder...

Missing weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @toriirving
    @gelatinouscube
    @ncfitbit
    @thetigers
    @jennifersusanmcdougall
    @christinalagree

Hope everyone had a wonderful day today! I'm headed to bed a little early...I have an early start tomorrow! Nite nite!
    Jessica :smile:
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Thursday, December 09

Exercise: no
    Steps: 11.605 / 11.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. I had a very bad day so nothing to report. Happy Friday everyone <3

Oh dear ! Sorry you've had a bad day @Pupowl hope today works out better for you 😊
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    @justanotherloser007 may I ask, how tall are you and what’s your goal weight for maintenance? I’m curious, as 175lbs is pretty much my goal weight. It’s interesting to see how different goals people have. I absolutely agree with your thought of keeping it off rather than losing fast! I’ve always thought I’d rather only lose a little bit for good than go back and forth with a lot of weight. Also hoping everything works out with your in-laws.

I’m excited for the weekend - I actually slept a full 8 hours last night (woke up to pump in the middle, of course) and went for lunch with a friend. Now I’m home, dinner groceries for tonight shopped, and I’m ready to welcome the weekend. My new Christmas tree is being delivered today, I had to order a new one because we moved last December and my old tree is too small for the new apartment. We are having a movie night tonight, and tomorrow there’s two of us on baby duty and I can spend some time doing Christmas stuff etc.
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    @LaurieWrobo Sending hugs and prayers your way...
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Chalmation
    Friday
    PW 146.6
    CW 145.2
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    @Pupowl I hope you have a better day tomorrow
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 209 Member
    @LaurieWrobo I'm so sorry about your husband's diagnosis. Sending you strength.
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 209 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 201.6
    CW: 201.6

I rowed almost everyday over the past week, but was lax on my diet.
This discussion has been closed.