NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all, I ate terrible last night. I had a sore throat all day, felt awful and food was my choice of comfort. Oh well I have 2 weeks until Christmas. I have set a goal today that I think is plausible. We will see right? LOL My little 3 year old is into painting right now...(paint on a paper bag) LOL. She asked me to sit down and paint with her....she was telling me all about the colors and how pretty..then she mixed them all painted and said...Mommy I made this for you. I love you so very much...how can you not just say Thank you Lord, for your precious little one full of love and life!! The little things bring so much more joy than I could ever imagine.

@trooworld I will pray that you can do the CTSCAN..they put me in one when I blacked out this past spring. I was okay, and teresaW1020 is right...breathe!!! I had to close my eyes...that's how I dealt. The milk for the bread: LOL it is confusing. I put the vinegar in the measuring cup first then add milk to bring it to 1/2 cup.

@TeresaW1020 Yes you have a great DH. Mine wanted to get me a new stove and I told him no, then I said I won't tell you what to get me. I cook on 2 burners...it's a glass top and it cracked a couple of years back...well he went to order it and it was now out of stock. So it's not the right stove or it's not the right time...LOL

@gemwolf110 I am sorry you feel so bad. I don't think Covid is ever going away. I understand how you feel..now that I have had covid...UGH still in recovery. Why can't people just wash their hands and stay home if you don't feel good.. LOL

@theslightedgeforever banana bread isn't really something that will make me go off plan..I have more issues with cookies and butter cream frosting. LOL. I am trying to change my mindset and say..okay 2 cookies can be worked in to my plan..If I don't gain ALL the weight I lost during covid, I will be okay with that. LOL. PS you should try the vinegar.. :)

Cbabie
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    cbabie wrote: »
    Morning all, I ate terrible last night. I had a sore throat all day, felt awful and food was my choice of comfort. Oh well I have 2 weeks until Christmas. I have set a goal today that I think is plausible. We will see right? LOL My little 3 year old is into painting right now...(paint on a paper bag) LOL. She asked me to sit down and paint with her....she was telling me all about the colors and how pretty..then she mixed them all painted and said...Mommy I made this for you. I love you so very much...how can you not just say Thank you Lord, for your precious little one full of love and life!! The little things bring so much more joy than I could ever imagine.

@trooworld I will pray that you can do the CTSCAN..they put me in one when I blacked out this past spring. I was okay, and teresaW1020 is right...breathe!!! I had to close my eyes...that's how I dealt. The milk for the bread: LOL it is confusing. I put the vinegar in the measuring cup first then add milk to bring it to 1/2 cup.

@TeresaW1020 Yes you have a great DH. Mine wanted to get me a new stove and I told him no, then I said I won't tell you what to get me. I cook on 2 burners...it's a glass top and it cracked a couple of years back...well he went to order it and it was now out of stock. So it's not the right stove or it's not the right time...LOL

@gemwolf110 I am sorry you feel so bad. I don't think Covid is ever going away. I understand how you feel..now that I have had covid...UGH still in recovery. Why can't people just wash their hands and stay home if you don't feel good.. LOL

@theslightedgeforever banana bread isn't really something that will make me go off plan..I have more issues with cookies and butter cream frosting. LOL. I am trying to change my mindset and say..okay 2 cookies can be worked in to my plan..If I don't gain ALL the weight I lost during covid, I will be okay with that. LOL. PS you should try the vinegar.. :)

Cbabie

I know right? It’s been a month for my sister who got it and is still not feeling 100%.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Hi all. Sorry been mia. Was having trouble staying focused. Took the week off. Got back at it yesterday. Last 2 days worked out and eating hasn’t been to bad. Catching up on my book work. Low key evening. Going to go sit in The hotub a bit later with 1 beer and my book. Son has a hockey game tomorrow night then Sunday (won’t be logging that day) is Grey Cup party.
  • renaegry
    Silly question. Where do you see your notifications for community now. Miss how it told you how many messages you missed in group. So for I find the groups by going to the quick links and my bookmarks. Still can’t get used to this new format
  • renaegry
    renaegry wrote: »
    Silly question. Where do you see your notifications for community now. Miss how it told you how many messages you missed in group. So for I find the groups by going to the quick links and my bookmarks. Still can’t get used to this new format
    Yeah. I just figured it out.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you, me too. Actually, when they called me to make the appointment, they said it's going to be 1 1/2 hrs! They have to do 3 scans! :( Yes, those darned cookies are little devils and tasty!!! Being up .6 lbs isn't bad. You'll get that off in no time. Oh my gosh, your husband is something else! How nice! I hope you had fun and it didn't rain on you. <3

@gemwolf110 I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Yeah, I'd save it for a fun time, too lol.

@cbabie 2 weeks until Christmas? Oh my gosh, I have to step up the gift buying! Yeah, it is that time to start thinking about goals. Awww, baby girl is a little artist! She IS precious! You are lucky she is so special. <3<3<3 Yeah, I'm really worried about the scans, it's not going to be 45 minutes like I thought, it's going to be 1 1/2 hours!!! Oh okay, I get it now for the bread, thanks for clarifying. :)

@renaegry Yeah, me too. Going to the hot tub with a beer and a book sounds like heaven! I'm glad you figured it out.

Hi all. I have to get labs done this morning so I'm drinking water and not eating anything. No coffee either, so I'm not going to be very happy lol. Well, yesterday, one of my BFFs texted me and asked me if we would be interested in fostering a ~6-year-old pug girl from Tijuana, MX. She's missing one eye and the other eye there is something going on with, she doesn't have much vision in it. My husband and I talked it over and decided to apply to foster her. We may just fall in love with her and adopt her. We are pug people, our last 2 dogs have been pugs. I love the breed. They are like little clowns! Stay tuned for more about that.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I am feeling better today, but here is what I have learned..about 1pm I start to wither and fade. LOL. Baby Girl is still not eating good choices right now... Concerns me, but since I know how I felt...I am just watching..as long as she is eating something. :). Its 44 outside right now.. The dogs went out and did their thing and came right back in. LOL. I did terrible last night was a grouch because of it and today...I am saying NO, I either am okay with what I am doing and don't get grouchy or learn to say no to stress.

@trooworld I really pray you are okay for the time in the tube. I had 2 done I think, could have been 3. They were trying to see my head and neck. I was clear, they still don't know why I blacked out..I am certain it's STRESS. I know what my emotions were that day and the other time it happened. :). Awe, thank you for your desire to foster...it's not my thing, but we all have our loves. :)

@gemwolf110 I hope your sister gets better and completely well!!!!

Cbabie

• trooworld
    @cbabie I'm glad you are feeling better. Poor little baby girl. :( Yes, you have two choices: sink or swim. I believe you can swim. Thank you. I'm worried I'll have a panic attack. That's strange you blacked out with no cause. I'm glad though that there wasn't something wrong. Yeah, I understand pets and fostering are not everyone's interests!

Hi all. I barely ate anything all day yesterday because I was so wrapped up in getting our foster dog, Daisy, situated. She is amazingly cute and sweet. Very quiet (at least for now). She had worms but they gave her a dewormer so she may perk up after she's feeling better. She snores LOUDLY. That is typical of pugs lol. We stopped at the pet store and got her a crate, a bed, a cute little sweatshirt to keep her warm (the poor little skinny thing was shivering), and some other things. We forgot to get her toys so I'll probably stop to get her some today. I'm in love with her already! Here are a couple of pictures from her first day: me with her at the adoption event I picked her up from and her laying in her new bed.

j6dy8prnqrhh.jpg
    79gzkesxze4t.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld Ohhh my goodness, Daisy is so cute!! I predict she has found her forever home and is going to be very well-loved. :) Don't psyche yourself up about the test. Keep telling yourself that you will be fine and can handle it.

@cbabie I think a new stove would be a great gift! Mine is the builder basic that came with this house and someday it will get replaced. I have been having the exact same grouchy feelings. I eat like crap and then get all bent out of shape about it. Well, who is to blame! So yeah, we either own it and be at peace about what we eat or we stop eating it. Pretty simple but so dang hard to do! I’m glad you are feeling better. <3

Good morning! Friday night was the staff Christmas party, and it was so much fun. Of course, I ate too much! We had a favorite snack gift exchange, and we came home with a flavored hot chocolate sampler and chocolate-covered Oreos. I’m regifting them to the financial secretary and saving me the calories. :/ Yesterday, I took the day off from work, projects, and even social media. I did workout out, do the laundry, and make white chicken chili for dinner. The rest of the day I spent in front of the TV. Mostly watching the tornado coverage and praying for all those people. Tomorrow is hubby’s doctor’s appointment to find out what is up with his lung. I just want to know how he can be fixed and get it done! :|
  • cbabie
    Morning all, It is so cold here. Baby girl is still sleeping and I wish I was. I can't seem to sleep past 5:30 and yet by the afternoon I am all tuckered out. I did a little better eating yesterday...only because we had some drama..:LOL. I am going to make some veg soup for dinner...I need the soup and the veggies. LOL. Did get a very short bike ride in...so I am trying to keep moving in spite of feeling weak and or coldness.

@trooworld How cute, I can see on your fact the joy this little pug brought you. My brother just got a new puppy, he lost his other one. He called it a Jack Russell? I don't know dogs...not gonna lie...don't really want to..LOL. I am so glad you took this little one in. Teresaw1020 is right...you got the scan..I closed my eyes and "saw" what I wanted to see. LOL

@TeresaW1020 Yea I hope we both own it and move on to a healthier us>> LOL. I am praying your DH appt. on Monday. Together you can do anything! My brother lives in KY and wrote me that he was fine. I wouldn't have even known about it as I don't watch the news anymore. He said that 70 people lost there lives, and they lost a couple of things like flag pole, patio covering..etc, but they were safe and got their power back on. Praying too for all those families.

I guess I will have to see what's up with @theslightedgeforever

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    I was out of town yesterday and trying to catch up.

Scale was good this morning. I'm down about 4 lbs since I returned home from my little vacation. Just trying to do baby steps here and there.

I'm just really tired but wanted to pop in and say hello I'm still alive.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 I believe you are going to be right! I can't imagine giving her back. :D I'm glad you had fun at the party. A favorite snack exchange is a great idea! Yum to the chocolate stuff. Good idea to regift it. I'm hoping for good things out of your husband's appointment.

@cbabie It's cold here, too. I hate the cold lol. I can't sleep past 4:30, I hate it. I just want good sleep! Veggie soup sounds good to me. Yes, Daisy brings us great joy already, I can't imagine giving her back! Jack Russells are cute and very smart. They need to be occupied or they get into trouble lol.

@theslightedgeforever Welcome back! Wow, what a great loss, congrats. I'm glad you are still kicking. ;)

Hi all. Daisy is doing really well her first couple of days. She's only had two accidents in the house. She's got some medical issues that she is going to be evaluated for later this week hopefully. She has been chewing back by her tale and her lady parts. Also, the missing eye isn't sewn shut and probably needs to be. Overall, she's a happy, sweet girl and we are in love! <3 Last night, I made ham, potato salad, and green beans for dinner. We are going to have bean soup for dinner tonight with the leftover ham.

• cbabie
    Morning all, it is stinking cold here and my ear hurts..UGH...I ate terrible last night, but the good news is I owned it and I wasn't grouchy.LOL. Part of the problem is I am trying to get rid of all the "old" food in the house..I just can't throw it away. LOL. It's still good, just wasn't used. I did go for a short bike ride yesterday.

@trooworld My family is always after me to mak potato salad...I used to make the best and the best mashed potatoes...just got out of the habit. Your dinner sounds yummy! That's probably why my brother likes Jack Russells....sounds like his personality. LOL

@theslightedgeforever glad you stopped by and yea on the loss. Great job...getting back into your grove.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Daisy looks so cute. The bean soup sounded good. Lots of fiber.

@cbabie I love potato salad and mashed potatoes too. I'm trying to do half/half potatoes and cauliflower. Yaaay on the bike ride.

@gemwolf110 Yaaay on your weight loss. Especially this time of year.

@teresaw1020 thinking of you today wondering how the dr's appt turned out. Hope all is well.

I went to a brunch with friends. Went over before I even got home. I ate a pumpkin struesel muffin and a pumpkin square. It would have been better if I had picked one of them. Then the rest of the day I could have eaten meat, cheese etc and I would have been okay. But I didn't. Today has been a much better day so far.

257/100 Red
    Rest Day Exercise
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld I’m glad that Daisy is adjusting to her new home. I love that you were willing to take in a dog that has special needs. Someday when my Maggie goes to Heaven, I want to do the same thing. Or I want a cat. I’ll keep you posted! 😉

@theslightedgeforever Thank you for thinking of us. I’ll write below what happened today with the appointment. Doing half mashed potatoes and half cauliflower is a good idea! I might do that for my mom since she doesn’t love just mashed cauliflower as I do.

@cbabie Ohh no, do you think you have an ear infection. Good job on owning your eating and not being grouchy.

Hello! Well, we went to see hubby’s pulmonologist, and unfortunately, he does have stage one lung cancer. :# He will need to have the lower left lobe removed and will be seeing a surgeon to do that soon. The only glitch that the pulmonologist told us about is that the PET scan showed that he also has a thickening of the rectum and has to see a GI doctor next Monday for a colonoscopy to find out what is up before they will schedule the lung surgery. It’s all disturbing but we will take things one step at a time and thankfully we have a large praying support system. :)
  • trooworld
    @cbabie It's cold here, too. It's supposed to rain all day. That's good you went for a bike ride. Yeah, I cooked the potatoes and eggs in my Ninja Foodi, it was so easy: just 4 minutes on pressure cooker setting. Then my husband made the potato salad so I was glad about that lol. I love mashed potatoes. Do you have a secret ingredient for your mashed potatoes? LOL

@theslightedgeforever She is so cute and sweet. The soup was good. The cornbread my husband made to go with it was awful lol. He used a recipe he'd never used before and it was a fail. I'm glad yesterday was a better day.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks. She's really not that much more work than a totally healthy dog. We are loving her! I'm so sorry about your husband's diagnosis. I hope they can get all of the cancer out with the surgery. Hugs to you, dear Teresa.

Hi all. I was busy all day yesterday so I didn't get a chance to get into snacks or vending machines lol. Today will likely be the same. Christmas is sneaking up on me and I haven't finished my shopping. I need to get on that. Daisy is settling in nicely. I told the rescue yesterday that I hoped that they would consider us for permanent adoption. She goes to the vet on Thursday. I hope nothing permanent is wrong with her. She seems to be doing better since the first day she came home.

• cbabie
    Morning all, Well I have to say yesterday was a bust food wise. I have gotten into horrible habits/no discipline eating. I am not giving up on me..I have a little one that needs me and I need to be healthy for her. Let alone my sister would come here and kick my butt with her words..LOL We know our gene pool.
    I am looking for a glucose tester. I have my dads's and I found the strips on Amazon, but really want something quick and easy if there is one. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Yea, my DH says to me you ARE going to make pumpkin bars when our grandson is here right? So if I am lucky they will eat them ALL. Well you owned it and you moved on o better days. so that is good.

@trooworld Sorry your busy, but it sounds like a good busy. LOL. So glad you are enjoying the little one. I love that you and DH try new recipes. too bad it's a fail. LOL. No no secret to the mashed potatoes. LOL.

@TeresaW1020 Sorry about the news and I agree with @trooworld I pray they get it all in surgery and that he gets that done quickly. Hopefully the colonoscopy goes well and it's nothing. I am praying for you and DH and the results. HUGS!!!!

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 I'm sorry about dh's diagnosis. Good thing you caught it early it sounds like. Praying for him. So any feelings you are having are better put in a journal and not in your mouth. I gained 15 lbs when my mom first was diagnosed with cancer. All my eating did not help her one bit. The problem was still there. Big hugs

@trooworld Think of the calories you save by awful cornbread. If it was really good you could have eaten more.

@cbabie Dad's glucometer is really easy but make sure you change the lancet on it. Do you eat all day long or is there certain times you eat more?

99/100 Red
    53 min cardio and stretching
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Thank you for the virtual hugs. They mean a lot to me. <3 Christmas is sneaking up fast. I was out and about a good part of the day and the traffic is awful and so many things are already picked over that it’s hard to find what you want. I’m sure Santa will be good to little Miss Daisy this year. :grin:

@cbabie Thank you for your prayers and we hope that they can get all the cancer at one time too. :/ I use the Next One glucose tester for my Data Driven Fasting Challenges. It has a cool app that you can put on your phone. I buy my strips on Amazon and pay $26 for 70. Do you have diabetes or are you worried that you will develop it? I failed terribly with this month’s challenge and plan to through myself fully into the January one. I have diabetes that runs in my family too. :|

@theslightedgeforever thanks for those big hugs! And I hear you about not eating my emotions and I don’t plan to. But I am going to need a plan in place to get through this whole ordeal. I already promised DH that I wouldn’t allow his health issues to cause me to have my own. How’s your foot doing? :)

Hello! Well, today was a busy one with lots of running around town. Our Angel Tree for the local elementary that my church adopts had 8 tags left on it and my mom and I took them all. We had generous donations but no one to do the actual shopping. Mom is in her element! We shopped and she is going to do all the wrapping. :grin: Then DH and I ran several errands for things I needed to get for tomorrow night’s kid's event at the church. I’m home now and I’m tired! :s
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    @trooworld I’m glad that Daisy is adjusting to her new home. I love that you were willing to take in a dog that has special needs. Someday when my Maggie goes to Heaven, I want to do the same thing. Or I want a cat. I’ll keep you posted! 😉

@theslightedgeforever Thank you for thinking of us. I’ll write below what happened today with the appointment. Doing half mashed potatoes and half cauliflower is a good idea! I might do that for my mom since she doesn’t love just mashed cauliflower as I do.

@cbabie Ohh no, do you think you have an ear infection. Good job on owning your eating and not being grouchy.

Hello! Well, we went to see hubby’s pulmonologist, and unfortunately, he does have stage one lung cancer. :# He will need to have the lower left lobe removed and will be seeing a surgeon to do that soon. The only glitch that the pulmonologist told us about is that the PET scan showed that he also has a thickening of the rectum and has to see a GI doctor next Monday for a colonoscopy to find out what is up before they will schedule the lung surgery. It’s all disturbing but we will take things one step at a time and thankfully we have a large praying support system. :)

Praying for you and your husband