What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• 10804dancer
    10804dancer Posts: 2 Member
    Was looking for dandelion greens recipes since bitter greens are SO good for ur liver and came across this recipe. Forgot to take a pix bc I dived in so quickly but it was delicious and mine looked just like the bloggers pix, so colorful AND flavorful especially if u like sun-dried tomatoes! Only difference is that I used some Tomato & Basil chicken sausage that I already had instead of Italian sausage.

https://www.caribbeangreenliving.com/spicy-dandelion-greens-with-sausage-sun-dried-tomatoes-and-vidalia-onion/
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited December 2021
    Black (soy) bean "spaghetti" with pesto sauce. Side of sautéed spinach, onions and sun dried tomatoes (olive packed). I used the olive oil from the jar for the sauté. I was influenced by the picture of the greens that @10804dancer posted. It was good though I ended up with too much oil as I'm always surprised by how much spinach shrinks in spite of what initially looks like an enormous quantity. I actually like the pesto with this particular pasta much better than meat sauce.

6l3jwy30eiwa.jpeg
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,551 Member
    Cheat's bouillabaise with pan fried cod, prawns and rouille. Bruschetta with edamame.
    f0wx6ooyi32t.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    edited December 2021
    Grass fed steak, fried mashed white potatoes (skin on) and a salad of Persian cucumber & sun dried tomatoes. Mashed potatoes were leftovers from the freezer and since this was a last minute dinner plan they got a bit of a fry on since I don't own a microwave (by choice).

md3dqaqycbmx.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Lamb leg steak, baked potato, Chinese cabbage and sausage stir fry, roast cherry tomato with courgette.
    t1qy7m7cgt9r.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Air fried flounder and mashed parsnip/yellow carrot w/grated ginger. Dipped flounder in beaten egg and coated in gluten free breadcrumbs.

tv35k8fnep1g.jpeg

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 432 Member
  • LazyBlondeChef
    That looks good @acpgee ... you have the best restaurants
  • acpgee
    Took some liberties with the Cambodian national dish of beef lok lak due to ingredients we had lying around. Used lamb leg steak instead of beef, added avocado and replaced raw red onion with mexican red onion pickle. Roasted mini cauliflower instead of rice.
    mv3zjiukdhwc.jpeg

• janicemlove
    ekga4kprq3qc.jpeg
    Breakfast before my PT session, grapes didn’t make it into the picture.
  • janicemlove
    77ev2fb8xk5o.jpeg
    Homemade broccoli soup. Much better than my first attempt but still missing something. Probably more butter haha.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Gluten free version of avocado toast with capers and tomatoes using an Against the Grain roll. This is the first time I've ever bought gluten free bread product. I don't own a toaster as I rarely eat bread or even baked goods in general so I broiled it. The product burned rather quickly. The flavor was bland but overall it worked ok for this purpose. The ingredients in the roll included tapioca starch, milk, mozzarella, eggs, non-GMO canola oil and salt. Pretty basic. I also used purchased Wholly guacamole rather than sliced avocado because they didn't look so good in the store.

I sometimes order avocado toast in restaurants and wanted to try it out at home but once this bread is gone I'll probably not bother. I would just as soon have it on a nice sourdough bread once in a while. Still if you're going gluten free then this could be a reasonable substitute.

znazm1v6odhn.jpeg