What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Oops, the timeline was May 2009 to October 2011, so 3 years.
  • FeelingFroggy13
    FeelingFroggy13 Posts: 62 Member
    edited December 2021
    I went skydiving after a double transplant, removal of 15” of small intestine and a 96 pound weight loss over a span of 2 years(2009-2011). If I were to do it again, would skip or have a very light breakfast and wear a 3/4 or long sleeve shirt. It was 84 degrees when I jumped, so not all that cold at altitude. Family bought me a video of the jump and you can see my loose arm skin flapping all the way down. As for breakfast, when you pull the cord, it’s like somebody giving you the Heimlich maneuver. Just my experience. It may not be yours. It really is a lot of fun so enjoy the experience.

Thank you! If I am honest with myself, I knew in my heart, I might not enjoy the photos of my much looser facial skin...I didn't think about the shirt/arms. Maybe others that have not been through all this might find that a bit vain...but dangit, I have worked hard to get here, and it's fun to show off a bit! I appreciate the input, both on the breakfast and the apparel!
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    @FeelingFroggy13. You’re welcome. You. Will enjoy it! I did it tandem cuz not coordinated. Took the full minute free fall that they advertised(because I’m that kind of person). It was like flying until the Heimlich. Then it pulls you up then you slowly drift down. Prepare to be running when you hit the ground to avoid face planting. I would do it again if it was closer to me. The views are awesome and so is the flying feeling! You will feel amazing afterwards.
    Post or dm me. I would love to hear from you after you jump.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!