"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Full day of clients and early start. Have a lot to write out for a couple of new clients today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Steak and vegetables last night. Have curtailed some snacking because I have a weigh in on a Dietbet on Saturday and I still need to lose a couple of pounds to qualify for the round. DUBS lost last night to the Suns so I was a little bummed. But they play them again on Friday but here at home. Here's hoping for a split. As for FFL, I still have a shot, but would have to win out and this week I'm without my best scorer as Davante Adams is on a bye. Here's hoping, Elisah Mitchell, Jalen Hurts and Stefon Diggs have big outings or else I'm dust.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    Weights: Push Day

DB Bench 5x5
    Incline BB Bench 3x10
    Decline Machine Bench 5x5
    Shoulders triset, 3x10: DB front raise, DB lateral raise, DB rear lateral raise
    DB Skull crushers 3x10

Tonight's meal: homemade pork schnitzel with sweet potatoes

Other news of interest only to me: my car is FINALLY ready at the mechanic after two weeks waiting for parts to be delivered, so I can finally stop driving the family truck to work, which gets less than half the gas mileage during my hour commute each way plus has only regular radio, not the satellite radio which has spoiled me driving between cities.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Oh and football tonight!

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Chinese last night. Chow fun with beef, Mongolian beef and sauteed bok choy. I was too tired to cook yesterday so go take out. Hopefully I don't retain too much water.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and will be busy. Later on go out and eat Thai food with a friend.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Shrimp and vegetables today for dinner. Rd 2 weigh in tomorrow for Dietbet and I'm already there.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Regular cleaning, grocery and laundry today. Already a great start after the Warriors beat the Suns to retake 1st place back!!!!

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Went and had Thai food with my best friend. Stayed well within calories because I weigh in today.
  • nossmf
    Workout: Leg Day

Squats 4x10
    SLDL 3x10
    Hack Squat 5x5
    Leg Extension 2x10
    Seated Leg Curl 2x10
    Seated Calf Extension 2x10

Still can't find my swim trunks, declaring them lost. But I only have a couple weeks left with access to a hot tub until I pay off my car next November and reactivate my gym membership, so I didn't want to give up another leg day. Borrowed my son's trunks, enjoyed every moment of the soak. (At times I miss my son being small, but this last week I've had to borrow his truck and his trunks, both of which fit me, so I guess having an adult son is ok, too.)

Meal: Home grilled hamburger.

Additional note: Weighed myself after my workout and before my protein shake. Scale registered 189.8, the first time in over 20 years I've been in the 180's. Yet my workouts are still going great, still increasing the weights used with regularity. Was feeling pretty happy about it, until I mentioned it to my gym buddy, a guy who's absolutely ripped and strong as blazes. Turns out he'd also weighed himself, and was UP to 186. I stood looking at Mr. Muscle weighing 186, when I could have sworn he was over 200, then down at myself with half the muscle but 3 pounds heavier, and had to face it that I still have fat I can afford to lose. Humph.
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »
    Workout: Leg Day

Squats 4x10
    SLDL 3x10
    Hack Squat 5x5
    Leg Extension 2x10
    Seated Leg Curl 2x10
    Seated Calf Extension 2x10

Still can't find my swim trunks, declaring them lost. But I only have a couple weeks left with access to a hot tub until I pay off my car next November and reactivate my gym membership, so I didn't want to give up another leg day. Borrowed my son's trunks, enjoyed every moment of the soak. (At times I miss my son being small, but this last week I've had to borrow his truck and his trunks, both of which fit me, so I guess having an adult son is ok, too.)

Meal: Home grilled hamburger.

Additional note: Weighed myself after my workout and before my protein shake. Scale registered 189.8, the first time in over 20 years I've been in the 180's. Yet my workouts are still going great, still increasing the weights used with regularity. Was feeling pretty happy about it, until I mentioned it to my gym buddy, a guy who's absolutely ripped and strong as blazes. Turns out he'd also weighed himself, and was UP to 186. I stood looking at Mr.Muscle weighing 186, when I could have sworn he was over 200, then down at myself with half the muscle but 3 pounds heavier, and had to face it that I still have fat I can afford to lose. Humph.
    That's how it goes sometimes. I weighed in for my Rd 2 Dietbet and am now down to 183, YET still have about 10 to 15lbs of fat to lose to look ripped again.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Was so disappointed in the 9ers game yesterday. Good thing I don't wallow by eating.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner last night. Made my Rd 2 weigh in and have to make sure that I focus on what I eat before the next one so I don't retain water. Have 4 players going in FFL tonight and I'm down by 35pts. but the players I have should get me that.

• nossmf
    Workout: Normally I hit the gym first thing Monday morning before work, but work needed me to be in early today so I pushed my Monday workout to Tuesday so I could report. Go figure that the activity I needed to be in to assist with got postponed due to technical issues, so I could have hit the gym after all. Ah, well. The longer hours today, combined with the planned longer hours W-T-F, means tomorrow I only need to work a half day, which I can do from home and save the commute.

Meal: spaghetti

Fantasy football update: I went 3-1 this week, just a different team losing from last week. Good news: my worst team now has 7 wins, so I am guaranteed having all my teams at .500 or better this year, compared to zero of my teams reaching that mark last year. Bad news: that same worst team, thanks to tie-breakers, is all but eliminated from the playoffs, even if I win next week. The only way I get in is if I beat the #2 team in the league, and the other three teams I'm currently tied with all lose, including two who will face the bottom two teams in the league. But hey, ya never know, because I did in fact beat the #1 team this week...
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Another busy day at the gym after a weekend.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and bok choy for dinner. FFL update: I won and am now in 6th place. That puts me as the last seed for the playoffs. I have to win next week to stay in and a couple of teams to lose to ensure it. 5 weeks ago I was 2-7 and had conceded that I wouldn't make the playoffs this year. Man, I never thought I would have a chance but with diligent study and inserting the right guys of waivers, I made it.
  • nossmf
    Workout: Push Day

Cable twist in/out 2x15
    Bench Press 5x5
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Seated Smith OHP 3x5
    Rope Pushdown 3x10

Tonight's Meal: chicken stir-fry with rice and lots of veggies
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full day of clients and early start. A couple of new client adds and usually the start of cancelled sessions due to Christmas.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Chicken fried rice. My knees have been a little tender lately so I've laid off of running intervals the rest of the week to give them a rest. I'll just walk on the treadmill to help make up lost calories. Had to make some big moves this week because Pats and Eagles are off this (I have NE DEF, and Rhamondre Stevenson as well as Hurts and Goedert) and NEED to win this week to be the final spot on the playoffs.

• nossmf
    Workout: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    Machine high row 5x5
    Machine low row 5x5
    Suitcase carry 3 sets 15 seconds (my own term...like a farmer's carry but with only one DB, forcing the core on the other side to tighten to keep shoulders level)
    DB twist curls 3x10

Tonight's meal: Firehouse subs brisket (no mayo)

Fantasy football update: All of my leagues have been running for years (one of them since 2004), and all made the conversion to a 14-game regular season this year as the NFL expanded...all but one, which stayed a 13-game regular season. Not sure if the commissioner did it on purpose or simply screwed up (I'm thinking the latter), but the net result is the playoffs start this week for that one league. I'm in the first round, and the early stat line has me as a heavy favorite.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Not much going on but regular schedule.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Made pork fried rice with vegetables this time. Ugh, so while I need to win, I may be in RB trouble with Elijah Mitchell in concussion protocol and Mark Ingram with COVID. Stephenson is on bye and my other RB's suck (Murray and Collins). I'm trying to pick up Jeff Wilson Jr. and someone else to at least be competitive.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and will be busy. It's gonna be a long day. Really looking forward to my day off tomorrow.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner yesterday. FFL, well I THOUGHT I had a great chance because my opponents main RB was out. To my disappointment Dalvin Cook was active and had a monster game last night. Ugh.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Regular cleaning, grocery and laundry today. This weekend will let me know if I make my FFL playoffs or miss it for the first time in 7 years.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi last night. My weight is up from all the sodium. Gotta down some water today.

• nossmf
    Workout: Heavy Legs (Yesterday)
    Deadlift 5x2
    Hip Thrusts 5x5
    Leg Press 5x5

Actually my order was Leg Press first, as all the squat racks and other bars were in use, it was that busy of a Saturday morning. I was afraid my deadlifts would suffer if not first, but I didn't encounter any problems banging them out. Debating upping my weight next time...though that's always easier to think about after the fact than actually lift during, lol.

Meal last night: pan-seared soy chicken strips, with buttered egg noodles and mixed veggies.

Observations: my weight is "up" a pound from last week, but in reality I think this is more accurate than last week's shocker, considering I would have had to lose 2 pounds in the week to make that number, and I don't think the combo of exercise/diet had that much room to spare. Only one more week left with access to my current gym before my account goes into freeze status so I can use the membership fees towards other bills. Whether that freeze lasts one month or up to a year is up to me and how fast I can pay down some things.

FF Update: playoffs have started in one league, and after Thursday night action I'm currently projected to win by 20 points, so I have some cushion in case things don't all go my way. Did not have, nor face, Dalvin Cook in any of my leagues, but Najee Harris gave me a great head start in one league where I was projected to lose early, but now thanks to Najee the projected score difference is less than a point.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. 9ers won in OT, but I got knocked the F out yesterday in FFL putting me out of the playoffs.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chinese last night for dinner. Had to cut back on calories a couple of days to get back on track. Am now back on track for Rd 3 of Dietbet. As for FFL, I felt great after a 5 game winning streak but my opponent beat me by more than 100 points after Cook, Kittle, Lockett and Dallas D had field days against their opponents. First time in 7 years I'm not in the playoffs.
  • nossmf

Decline bench press 5x5
    Bench press 3x10
    Incline bench press 3x10
    Seated DB shoulder press 3x10
    Lying EZ-bar skull-crushers 3x10

In the past with this routine I'd start the day with incline bench, upping the weight as I moved to progressively better leverage positions, incline-flat-decline. However today the incline bench was in use when I got to the floor, so I decided to reverse the order, starting with the decline instead, loading just a little more weight than normal to account for the extra energy of being first. It was weird going from one exercise to the next, with that first rep feeling easy due to being a lighter weight, but the last reps of each set having to really work due to fatigue.

Meal last night: crockpot honey-soy chicken and rice
    Meal tonight: ribs and peas

Fantasy football update: Do you believe in miracles? After this week, I'm leaning that way. Going into the week I was in a 3-way tie with two other 7-6 teams for the final playoff spot (I know I previously said three other teams, but forgot one of them is destined to win his division and not be a factor in the wild-card race), but because of tie-breakers I knew the only way I'd get into the playoffs was for three unlikely things to all happen together:

1. Me beat the #2 overall team, a week after having beaten the #1 overall team
    2. Rival #1 losing to the last-place team
    3. Rival #2 losing to the second-to-last-place team

With MNF still to play, it looks like the impossible may in fact happen. I'm up big in my game, despite not having a TE (both of my TE's are on IR, and waivers are closed for the year), and both of my rivals are trailing. Granted, MNF could change all three results, but considering I expected to be long over by now, just having a shot gives me something to look forward to tonight. (Here's hoping for a defense-dominated, 13-10 game.)

As for my one team whose playoffs started early, as expected I'm still a heavy favorite going into MNF. While I trail by 10 at the moment, he's tapped out and I still have multiple players left, including Kyler Murray and two WR's. So unless the team plane takes a wrong turn and ends up in Australia, thereby forfeiting the game, I should be good to go.
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »

Decline bench press 5x5
    Bench press 3x10
    Incline bench press 3x10
    Seated DB shoulder press 3x10
    Lying EZ-bar skull-crushers 3x10

In the past with this routine I'd start the day with incline bench, upping the weight as I moved to progressively better leverage positions, incline-flat-decline. However today the incline bench was in use when I got to the floor, so I decided to reverse the order, starting with the decline instead, loading just a little more weight than normal to account for the extra energy of being first. It was weird going from one exercise to the next, with that first rep feeling easy due to being a lighter weight, but the last reps of each set having to really work due to fatigue.

Meal last night: crockpot honey-soy chicken and rice
    Meal tonight: ribs and peas

Fantasy football update: Do you believe in miracles? After this week, I'm leaning that way. Going into the week I was in a 3-way tie with two other 7-6 teams for the final playoff spot (I know I previously said three other teams, but forgot one of them is destined to win his division and not be a factor in the wild-card race), but because of tie-breakers I knew the only way I'd get into the playoffs was for three unlikely things to all happen together:

1. Me beat the #2 overall team, a week after having beaten the #1 overall team
    2. Rival #1 losing to the last-place team
    3. Rival #2 losing to the second-to-last-place team

With MNF still to play, it looks like the impossible may in fact happen. I'm up big in my game, despite not having a TE (both of my TE's are on IR, and waivers are closed for the year), and both of my rivals are trailing. Granted, MNF could change all three results, but considering I expected to be long over by now, just having a shot gives me something to look forward to tonight. (Here's hoping for a defense-dominated, 13-10 game.)

As for my one team whose playoffs started early, as expected I'm still a heavy favorite going into MNF. While I trail by 10 at the moment, he's tapped out and I still have multiple players left, including Kyler Murray and two WR's. So unless the team plane takes a wrong turn and ends up in Australia, thereby forfeiting the game, I should be good to go.
    Congrats. I'm so disappointed in my great run only to be knocked out the week before playoffs.