MFP gave me an Xtra Calorie allowance today.

TheMaus1269
TheMaus1269 Posts: 1 Member
(To preface.. I have been using MFP and Fitbit together for tracking, about a year) This morning before I had even done anything and went into the app to log breakfast, MFP had given me an extra +800 calorie allowance for "Fitbit excercise. I keep syncing my fitbit.. now it's evening, and although I haven't gotten but about 5k steps.. which MFP recognizes, but for my 5k steps says I now have +1300 calories I can spend today on my 1500 calorie diet. Any thoughts?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,813 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Hello, Our tech team has been working on our steps service this week which hit a few snags. Please take a look at this support article and if you are still running into issues, please contact support by clicking on this link: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or send an email to support@myfitnesspal.com with your device information, and exact problem and our support team will investigate.

Answers

• akdonahey
    akdonahey Posts: 1 Member
    Same. Don't have the answer though. I was hoping someone had figured it out by now.
  • curtiskruger
    curtiskruger Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2021
    Mine shows an extra 2104 calories, almost as if it is taking the whole amount and not subracting from the total. Started today 12/13
    Edit: An easy way to know your total, is to check your Fitbit total calories and just make sure your MFP calories are either under, over, or the same; depending on what you trying to achieve.
    Edit 2: They are doing maintenance with the steps service
  • It appears I also have extra calories for the day.

It seems that my displayed daily calorie count is EXACTLY the same as the WEEKLY calorie count. So, essentially, it has added yesterday's calorie to today's and displaying the total as my daily total?

Not too wordy of an explanation I hope.

Also a bit relieved that it's not just me, and is likely a bug in the system or update. I hope it's not the new way f doing things though. Would be time to find a new tracking app.

• I've been seeing this too - Hopefully they fix it soon!
  • fit19gramma
    fit19gramma Posts: 23 Member
    Me too…Fitbit charge
  • westy666
    westy666 Posts: 1 Member
    Getting the same for yesterday (13th Dec) but I'm using Garmin and I've got an extra 3480cals remaining. Today seems to be ok so far.

Suspect something hasn't synced up properly after the maintenance yesterday.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    This happened yesterday, but just back from the gym & none of my FitBit calorie expenditure is registering on todays total so I have zero despite syncing FitBit several times. From one extreme to the other!
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Found on Twitter 8bkdudt94en7.png
  • curtiskruger
    curtiskruger Posts: 2 Member
    The issue has been resolved for me - I had to uninstall the MFP app and reinstall, then had to reconnect my Fitbit with the app - Calories look right on now.
This discussion has been closed.